Translocate...

PoshTS

I know this thread has come up but it is obviously being ignored by the devs. Maybe Translocate should be insta cast like holotraverse, since technically it is most likely using similar technology...Would actually make it back onto my bar if it did.

• 2 weeks later...
They could make it insta and make it actually good, for example the translocated guy is immune to all dmg for x amount of time, too bad most of the times I use it in huttball and boys continue moving forward and fall of the edge I was standing on...

They should just remove this thing, give PT Tanks another much needed cooldown instead and reintroduce translocate as a cartel market toy. That doesn't work in combat.

I'm not a big fan of WoW, but there's a reason they have this kind of stuff as gadgets you can only use while out of combat and not as actual skills.

Edited by Torvai

• 1 month later...
I know this thread has come up but it is obviously being ignored by the devs. Maybe Translocate should be insta cast like holotraverse, since technically it is most likely using similar technology...Would actually make it back onto my bar if it did.

It should. I still use it on cooldown in yolo and tr. For yolo obviously i am targeting team merc to swap the focus do he can take the pressure off me with reflect, while in tr its a good way to remove anyone from focus.

Making it instantcast and with a little bit of damage reduction 5-15% would make it a fantastic and gamechanging skill for both pve and pvp.

It's situational, but I've found a lot of uses for it where it saves my healer or person that I'm guarding from a bad situation. It shouldn't have to be casted to activate though.

Peronsally, I've also suggested that the spec should have a friendly Harpoon to get allies out of trouble. Translocate isn't quite it, but it still gets the job done.

I do hope that they fix it with one of the above suggestions but I think that they are gonna ignore it till it's been around so long that people actually forget that they have it as an ability then they will replace it or remove it from the game as it isn't used at all. As it is atm I feel that bioware feels if they change it or get rid of it now it is like admitting that they were wrong with the implementation of how it works or the fact that it is actually a fail of an ability as it stands now. Edited by GolgoXIII