Things I've noticed since 5.2

nGAGE

Could anyone please confirm these issues?!

• Quick Travel does NOT work in space ports as mentioned in patch notes (Fleet-pass and Stronghold travel included)
  • Iokath is not available to characters that did not complete KOTET, or at least not have been to Iokath before. (requirements stated that the only requirement was to be level 70... but a token character, leveled to 70 and currently at chapter-1 kotet, CANNOT travel to Iokath without a summon. Characters that didn't start any of the expansions also clearly can't travel to Iokath.)
  • On my token Mercenary of level 70 who already learned all skills, starting KOTET chapter-1 gets "Responsive Safeguards" unlearned and has to learn it from trainer again. (NOTE: this is without accepting the tutorial.)
  • On that same Mercenary, upon starting KOTET chapter-1, ALL utilities were reset. (NOTE: this is without accepting the tutorial.)
  • This same Mercenary, now at chapter-2, cannot queue for Uprisings or Operations from Galactic Command System. (chapter-2 is considered an active phase, with no option to reset phase?) <<< this seems to reset after a while. it works now.

Personal note: I DO NOT appreciate being forced to play KOTET and/or KOTFE. I have way too many characters for that and locking me out of Iokath and a means of getting to the new ops without a summon is ludicrous.

Iokath is not available to characters that did not complete KOTET, or at least not have been to Iokath before. (requirements stated that the only requirement was to be level 70... but a token character, leveled to 70 and currently at chapter-1 kotet, CANNOT travel to Iokath without a summon. Characters that didn't start any of the expansions also clearly can't travel to Iokath.)

You have to pick it up at your ship's terminal. Worked for me without completing any of the Chapters. :)

This is often the problem with SWTOR: people just do not know how things work, and worse they are often not told how things should work.

Too large a part of this fault lies with BW. We should not need to hit the forums nor should we need to go to Dulfy to understand how much of the game works.

Yes, MMO's are complex and do need sites like MMO Champ and Dulfy to ease the curve. However, I respectfully submit that in this case BW have been found wanting for better communication of game systems.

That and better QA.

Could anyone please confirm these issues?!

• Quick Travel does NOT work in space ports as mentioned in patch notes (Fleet-pass and Stronghold travel included)
  • Iokath is not available to characters that did not complete KOTET, or at least not have been to Iokath before. (requirements stated that the only requirement was to be level 70... but a token character, leveled to 70 and currently at chapter-1 kotet, CANNOT travel to Iokath without a summon. Characters that didn't start any of the expansions also clearly can't travel to Iokath.)
  • On my token Mercenary of level 70 who already learned all skills, starting KOTET chapter-1 gets "Responsive Safeguards" unlearned and has to learn it from trainer again. (NOTE: this is without accepting the tutorial.)
  • On that same Mercenary, upon starting KOTET chapter-1, ALL utilities were reset. (NOTE: this is without accepting the tutorial.)
  • This same Mercenary, now at chapter-2, cannot queue for Uprisings or Operations from Galactic Command System. (chapter-2 is considered an active phase, with no option to reset phase?) <<< this seems to reset after a while. it works now.

Personal note: I DO NOT appreciate being forced to play KOTET and/or KOTFE. I have way too many characters for that and locking me out of Iokath and a means of getting to the new ops without a summon is ludicrous.

Try this...go to fleet reset your active stuff go to ship get quest from term and then you should be able to launch the new stuff. Let me know if that worked please :)

This is often the problem with SWTOR: people just do not know how things work, and worse they are often not told how things should work.

Too large a part of this fault lies with BW. We should not need to hit the forums nor should we need to go to Dulfy to understand how much of the game works.

Yes, MMO's are complex and do need sites like MMO Champ and Dulfy to ease the curve. However, I respectfully submit that in this case BW have been found wanting for better communication of game systems.

That and better QA.

It doesn't help that so many things are tied to story which people don't want to spoil themselves for. But this is a different situation than spoiling a movie or a tv show, there are things players need to know

That and better QA.

I cant agree on that... I saw so many that feel tutorial "annoying" turn it off or ignore it then turn back ask general chat and forum something that tutorial has covered...

That and better QA.

You're a smarty pants. You shouldn't make assumptions so quickly. I've been playing since Launch.

Edited by nGAGE

Try this...go to fleet reset your active stuff go to ship get quest from term and then you should be able to launch the new stuff. Let me know if that worked please :)

Question is, will any of this cause my character to skip all story or can I still go back to do it later? I guess I can go an find out on one of my toons. Will report back later.

It doesn't help that so many things are tied to story which people don't want to spoil themselves for. But this is a different situation than spoiling a movie or a tv show, there are things players need to know

I've done the story, i'm not worried about spoilers myself, but yeh... I agree. Personally I'm more concerned about having to play through the last expansions if this don't work properly. I've got way too many toons for that and I find the expansions extremely tedious beyond the first couple of playthroughs.

Then the Iokath story is what you need to pick up at the terminal. It will give you the planet on the galaxy map and you can travel there.

Also, assuming everything works as it should:

[...]The character does not need to have completed KOTFE or KOTET to play the new story. However, it is highly recommended that you have. There will be spoilers to those storylines if you have not played them. Also, if you have not completed KOTFE and KOTET, default choices will be assumed in the new storyline which may not match your preference.

• Playing Iokath will not affect your KOTFE or KOTET gameplay in any way (such as advancing the story, etc).

[...]

-eric

Then the Iokath story is what you need to pick up at the terminal. It will give you the planet on the galaxy map and you can travel there.

Also, assuming everything works as it should:

Starting it from ship's console worked, but I'm curious to see what happens to the open KOTET chapters. Because I've got a new sorc that I intend to play through all of the stories again, but need him for ops.

Edited by nGAGE