Iokath WPvP not encouraged and virtually nonexistent

Talon_strikes

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may be out of place to speak of another MMO but I will anyway. I played WOW for many years and I was on when Litchking rolled out. there was a world PVP area called Wintergrasp and I bring this up because it was a big draw for both PVP and PVE players it was also very balanced it was always a PVP area with farmable materials. What made it work though was approximately every 2 hours, Wintergrasp became a PvP battleground for a 30 minute fight for the Keep that allowed access to a special Boss who dropped top tier gear.

Both factions could take control of workshops that were used to make siege engines they used to break down the walls so fighting took place at both the workshops and the wall, if the attackers suceeded they owned the Keep till the next fight same if the defenders won. The point of this is that there was incentive(the Boss drops) and control of vendors. There was also a feeling of participating in an event more meaningful then dailys. I know that Ilum had a similar setup early in the game but was misused by players and was removed. If they could create a similar design to what I described I believe the player base would participate more readily in this type of open pvp area just my 2cents.

Oh and I am not a PVP player by choice but I always played that area it just seemed more like an enjoyable experience win or lose.

Eve has a good system. Every place is open for PvP but there are sector based consequences.

Yep. It's really funny how long it takes some Eve players to wake up to the fact that the entire game is PvP though. 1.0 space does not equal PvE, it just means PvP with an incredibly strong police force :)

I was reading through this, noticed the biggest topic was PVPers need incentive to OWPVP, and PVErs think it doesn't deserve it.

I'm going to make a point here, I apologize if it's already been covered, but I only read the first 15 pages.

PVErs get quite a bit by PVEing. You get titles, gear, mounts, exp boosts, weapons, crystals, you get a lot for doing what you enjoy most. How is it fair that a lot of PVPers despise PVE and we don't get your rewards, but you'll condemn us to have no rewards just for us?

There's a thread in CM suggestions that everyone should get "black silver crystals". This is a personal opinion of course.. but no, there should not be a PVP only item made available for cc. PVE rep items are all over the game, and ranked rewards are as close as PVPers get to "rep" item.

So before you condemn PVPers for wanting reasons to do their thing, try to keep in mind, bioware has bent over backwards to give you incentives to do your thing, while providing little to no way for PVPers to obtain your stuff their way.

Edited by Seterade