PvP is good as is, stop QQ now!

xinloom

There are so many issues with this game atm, BSOD, Crashing, Bugged companions and so on, the pvp is one of the things that is actually working as intended.

Pvp does not need macroes

Pvp does not need nurfs

Pvp does not need QQ

Pvp does not need brackets

PVP IS GOOD!

There are so many issues with this game atm, BSOD, Crashing, Bugged companions and so on, the pvp is one of the things that is actually working as intended.

Pvp does not need nurfs

Pvp does not need QQ

PVP IS GOOD!

There are a few things that need looking at, but it's the best launch PvP I've ever seen. You have to keep in mind, I think a lot of the problem is, people will blame nearly anything other than themselves for losing.

There are a few things that need looking at, but it's the best launch PvP I've ever seen. You have to keep in mind, I think a lot of the problem is, people will blame nearly anything other than themselves for losing.

I agree but in some cases there are issues. Take the ability-activation problem for instance, I've raided and done high end PvP and in both scenarios an interrupt is often a matter of life and death so my finger automatically hits my interrupt the within a second of seeing a cast. Due to where I have my interrupt bound I can normally hit it between o.3 and 0.6 seconds after I see the cast. When I find that I have to mash my interrupt button 4 - 6 times before it goes off, when it went off perfectly in just about every online game I've played, then it's the game.

There is also the issue where Force cloak doesn't work properly, where shock is better than project because project has a 0.5 second delay.

Sure players are inclined to blame everything between the heaven and the earth before themselves, but as the hypochondriac's tombstone said "I told you I was sick"

I agree macros are not needed, but you're insane if you think leveled brackets are a waste.

Must be another 50 that gets off on murdering 20's.

I think *one* extra bracket is needed, for 50. Other than that I'm fine with the 1-49 balance. It's not perfect, but I think it's a good trade-off of benefit to cost.

The devs have said that they want a 50 only bracket as soon as there are the 50s to support it, by the way.

I agree but in some cases there are issues. Take the ability-activation problem for instance, I've raided and done high end PvP and in both scenarios an interrupt is often a matter of life and death so my finger automatically hits my interrupt the within a second of seeing a cast. Due to where I have my interrupt bound I can normally hit it between o.3 and 0.6 seconds after I see the cast. When I find that I have to mash my interrupt button 4 - 6 times before it goes off, when it went off perfectly in just about every online game I've played, then it's the game.

There is also the issue where Force cloak doesn't work properly, where shock is better than project because project has a 0.5 second delay.

Sure players are inclined to blame everything between the heaven and the earth before themselves, but as the hypochondriac's tombstone said "I told you I was sick"

Note: I did say it wasn't perfect. :) But the vast majority of threads on this board seem to be trying to fix things that aren't broken. All of your points, for example, are valid... though I have to admit I haven't noticed the input lag as bad as some people seem to.

I think *one* extra bracket is needed, for 50. Other than that I'm fine with the 1-49 balance. It's not perfect, but I think it's a good trade-off of benefit to cost.

The devs have said that they want a 50 only bracket as soon as there are the 50s to support it, by the way.

10-29 and then 30-49 with a 50 only imo.

Or, just every 10 levels and do away with this silly bolster system altogether.

Edited by Poor_Grammar

I agree macros are not needed, but you're insane if you think leveled brackets are a waste.

Must be another 50 that gets off on murdering 20's.

Exactly. The brackets are needed badly.

However, do not argue with those 50s. They think it is really their skill who carries them. Today I fought a 50 SI on my low level alt. The guy did not even use interrupts and I got him down to 50% and then I died. Now imagine you fight a 50 who actually knows how to use his interrupts...

Anyway, on my server the number or Republic players who sign up for pvp seems to plummet rapidly simply because the Imps have usually quite a lot of 40-50s in their ranks and we 1x-2x

In my book a good thing. It shows that people do not tolerate that BS any longer.

10-29 and then 30-49 with a 50 only imo.

Or, just every 10 levels and do away with this silly bolster system altogether.

Even three tiers would probably be fine. But I think the bolster system works so well that it would be a shame to pare it down to every 10 levels. And who decided every 10 levels was some magical number? It's arbitrary based on being a multiple of 10 and dividing evenly into 50. In most games it just means 4 levels of uselessness, 3 of usefulness, and 3 of being a tiny god when you're talking ten level tiers.

Doing away with the bolster system in any scenario is just crazy talk, though. If you cede that 10 level brackets are awesome, which I don't, they would be 100% better *with* bolster still enabled. The fact that I don't feel completely gimp fighting a player 20 levels above me must say *something* positive about it. As a dev, I always thought a truly workable bolster system was such a large design challenge to be almost an impossibility, but Bioware pulled it off better than any game I've ever seen, given its intended purpose here.

Exactly. The brackets are needed badly.

However, do not argue with those 50s. They think it is really their skill who carries them. Today I fought a 50 SI on my low level alt. The guy did not even use interrupts and I got him down to 50% and then I died. Now imagine you fight a 50 who actually knows how to use his interrupts...

Anyway, on my server the number or Republic players who sign up for pvp seems to plummet rapidly simply because the Imps have usually quite a lot of 40-50s in their ranks and we 1x-2x

In my book a good thing. It shows that people do not tolerate that BS any longer.

The problem with 50s is 20% abilities and 80% gear. Expertise is the real culprit here, not a lack of brackets. 50 is a stiff challenge for a level 14 to take, basically impossible alone. But a 30? Not so much.

only brackets that are needed, and will be implemented when there are enough 50's to support it 1-49 and 50

Of course i keep saying this over and over again, and nobody bats an eye, its like im talking to a wall.

If only more people subscribed to your wisdom.

That said, I won't be surprised if they split it into three tiers one day. But five? Keep dreaming, people. It's not worth it and it's in no way necessary.

The reason there is no 50 bracket right now is because there are not enough players in that range to support a bracket that will fire at any reasonable rate. Of course they will do it in the future. Its purposefully not in at launch, because it would kill the only viable end game for non-raiders.

There will be a bracket in 2-4 weeks when the 50's population is large enough to support it.

The reason there is no 50 bracket right now is because there are not enough players in that range to support a bracket that will fire at any reasonable rate. Of course they will do it in the future. Its purposefully not in at launch, because it would kill the only viable end game for non-raiders.

There will be a bracket in 2-4 weeks when the 50's population is large enough to support it.

To add something, a 50 bracket is confirmed in the works per the following chat:

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/nc85g/developer_chat_transcript_bestbuy_forums/

I am sure any person playing a sith class thinks PvP is just fine as is, been that every sith class is op. flame all you want, but the way PvP is set up right now, sith has every advantage. they can heal them selfs fast well in combat, they do more damge per hit. they take less damage per hit. As a lvl 36 commando, I took 5k damage from one hit from a lvl 17 sith agent. and then you want to tell me sirth are not op. the only ones that will say that are people playing sith. and I know they wil jump on and say they play republic, but thats just bs as well. sith is op and they need to fix it befor there are only sith playing battle grounds.

Pvp does not need nurfs

Pvp does not need QQ

PVP IS GOOD!

No reward for winning a battle outside warzone? No penalty for losing a fight?

PVP is not fine.

If only more people subscribed to your wisdom.

That said, I won't be surprised if they split it into three tiers one day. But five? Keep dreaming, people. It's not worth it and it's in no way necessary.

It isn't wisdom just because he agrees, it's a circle jerk.

A 50 doesn't fear a 30 any more then a 30 fears a 10. It's a joke, an annoyance at best if they know how to use their abilities. The only way they'll win is if the 50 is just terrible or the 30 lasts long enough for backup to arrive or gets amazingly lucky. See a lot of 10's take down 30's? No, it just doesn't happen with a spread like that, no matter the bolster.

A ten level spread may seem arbitrary, but without a bolster system it's as fair a range as possible without having 12 different brackets, and no one wants that. There is only a couple rank difference in abilities and gear with a ten level spread; while still a challenge, not an impossible one.

I think a 3 tier system with bolster is a fair compromise on this issue for all parties.

Edited by Poor_Grammar

It isn't wisdom just because he agrees, it's a circle jerk.

A 50 doesn't fear a 30 any more then a 30 fears a 10. It's a joke, an annoyance at best if they know how to use their abilities. The only way they'll win is if the 50 is just terrible or the 30 lasts long enough for backup to arrive or gets amazingly lucky. See a lot of 10's take down 30's? No, it just doesn't happen with a spread like that, no matter the bolster.

A ten level spread may seem arbitrary, but without a bolster system it's as fair a range as possible without having 12 different brackets, and no one wants that. There is only a couple rank difference in abilities and gear with a ten level spread; while still a challenge, not an impossible one.

If you think a 50 doesn't need to fear a 30, you're playing with the wrong people. Note that this assumes no expertise gear.

Are you kidding, it's terrible.

Aside from playing a gimpy Knight Sentinal, the combat needs a ton of work and CC's need to be gotten rid of.

I never, ever, though CC could be done worse anywhere than WoW - but ToR manages to trump it twenty-fold. So - Awful.

I am sure any person playing a sith class thinks PvP is just fine as is, been that every sith class is op. flame all you want, but the way PvP is set up right now, sith has every advantage. they can heal them selfs fast well in combat, they do more damge per hit. they take less damage per hit. As a lvl 36 commando, I took 5k damage from one hit from a lvl 17 sith agent. and then you want to tell me sirth are not op. the only ones that will say that are people playing sith. and I know they wil jump on and say they play republic, but thats just bs as well. sith is op and they need to fix it befor there are only sith playing battle grounds.

Sweet, my favorite complaint on the forums! The classes across factions are mirrors, except for a few small bugs still remaining, they're precisely equivalent. Anything you're seeing is a result of talent points or gear, not sith classes being more powerful.

Bioware will eventually raise the level cap, then what? We'll have a 10-49 and a 50-55? One bracket gets a 5 level range, while the other a 39 spread?

Then what's the point of adding the 50 if 55 just becomes the new 50? It isn't like a 23 has a chance either way.

Add multiple brackets, Bioware.

Edited by Poor_Grammar