Lags in Warzone (when people start to fight)

alexalexjos

Hi, so i have lags in Warzone when people start to fight, when the match begin i have 60 fps then when i see people fighting with abilities and all, my fps are dropping to 25-30 and my spec are FX-9590, Gtx 970, 12 GB Ram but i can run WoW, Final fantasy reborn, Guild wars 2 etc.. without any problems, my fps drop happen only in Warzone on Swtor so is there any fix to get better fps or something or can someone say if Bioware will optimize their engine for Warzones? i usualy run on Ultra on swtor for Operations, Uprising and other stuff but for Warzones i tried to put Graphic to Medium and is still the same problem, only fps drop when people are fighting, Is there a fix or something?. Thanks in advance for the help.

there is such " fix" on lag, for me it happen yesterday night when i was playing from APAC , have lag spike and finally i was stop playing due lag is not fun in pvp

and then this morning back to normal

so it kinda happen from time time but no immediate fix whatsoever usually it back to normal after awhile

apart from ensuring your windows power option is set to high performance, have you tried playing in fullscreen (window) mode as opposed to fullscreen

also set pre-rendered frames to 1 in the Nvidia control panel for swtor.exe profile

most people complaining about low fps are actually complaining about stutter they think is related to the lower fps.

my spec are FX-9590, .

SWTOR is very CPU intensive and you simply need a better CPU. Unfortunately, the 9590 is about the best of the FX line and there's no "drop in" way to make it better.

Your best option would be to upgrade to an Intel Kabylake i5, such as the i5-7500, 7600, or 7600K - or - if you want to stick with AMD, then get one of the newer Ryzen R5 processors. (The Ryzen is slightly slower than the i5, but much, much better than the old FX).

Unfortunately, in either case you'll need a new CPU, motherboard and DDR4 RAM.

P.S. Personally, I'd go with Ryzen. :)

SWTOR is very CPU intensive and you simply need a better CPU. Unfortunately, the 9590 is about the best of the FX line and there's no "drop in" way to make it better.

Your best option would be to upgrade to an Intel Kabylake i5, such as the i5-7500, 7600, or 7600K - or - if you want to stick with AMD, then get one of the newer Ryzen R5 processors. (The Ryzen is slightly slower than the i5, but much, much better than the old FX).

Unfortunately, in either case you'll need a new CPU, motherboard and DDR4 RAM.

P.S. Personally, I'd go with Ryzen. :)

Yes i understand but im able to play game like this on pvp,WoW ,Final fantasy reborn,Guild wars 2,Eso and alot of new game without any lag, i wont buy a new cpu for only Swtor Warzones that a real joke, i know im not the only one who lag in warzone, i see alot of people with I5,I7 on twitch that lag in warzone, is their engine make warzone lagging, my question was just if there a way to get like 10 more fps so i can get 35-40 fps on intense fight when people fights.

Edited by alexalexjos
forgot to add stuff

• 2 years later...
Thread bit old but problem still fresh for many players. I could type lots of pages what I tried to resolve lags during warzones but short version is unistalling SWTOR from SSD and installing on HDD helped to get rid of lags in my case. Well there is still lag related to ping and server lag but around 70% of my lag is gone. But beware, game is installing around 2 hours because server gives throttle and it is downloading in wave speed between 0 Mb/s to around 50 Mb/s.

Thread bit old but problem still fresh for many players. I could type lots of pages what I tried to resolve lags during warzones but short version is unistalling SWTOR from SSD and installing on HDD helped to get rid of lags in my case. Well there is still lag related to ping and server lag but around 70% of my lag is gone. But beware, game is installing around 2 hours because server gives throttle and it is downloading in wave speed between 0 Mb/s to around 50 Mb/s.

The ssd was probably bottlenecking your cpu. Anyways have you tested all resolutions and graphics settings? Do shift+ctrl+F to pull up fps counter. Change settings to see if it goes up. aliasing, shadows, grass distance etc etc should all be on low. Definitely check the resolution, lower from 1080 to 720 for huge performance increase.

FYI this lag or whatever effects everyone because this engine is just old and janky. I roll a solid 120fps but in combat or heavy pop parts of the fleet it can drop to under 60.

I assume by "lag" in this case, you are talking about FPS (frames per second). There is also, more correctly, lag caused by a high "ping" to the server.

But neither type of lag is affected by whether the game is installed on an SSD or an HDD. The storage method only affects level load times. In SWTOR your FPS is mostly set by the CPU although the GPU can affect it if the graphics are turned way up.

You didn't give many details, but I suspect that going from an SSD to an HDD involved installing it on a new computer. I suspect that the new computer simply had a better CPU.

PvP specifically has always been a train wreck in terms of performance in this game since the very beginning regardless of having a high-end systems or not. Unfortunately, it's a byproduct of a horribly Frankensteined game engine along with having no 64-bit support.

Don't do WZ's anymore but lag is getting more frequent on some planets so not just in WZ's. Take Dantoonie, really bad there for me during pirate incursion but fine any other time. Ossuss depends on how many on instance but the world bosses well no longer do them because of lag. Yet oddly the starter worlds which in general have a much higher population seem fine for lag. However do keep getting invisible enemies while there. Reading this post is worrying but reassuring in an odd way. On one side not just me which probably means it not my connation or P.C. On the other side means it going to continue in game for at least the foreseeable future.

The ssd was probably bottlenecking your cpu. Anyways have you tested all resolutions and graphics settings? Do shift+ctrl+F to pull up fps counter. Change settings to see if it goes up. aliasing, shadows, grass distance etc etc should all be on low. Definitely check the resolution, lower from 1080 to 720 for huge performance increase.

FYI this lag or whatever effects everyone because this engine is just old and janky. I roll a solid 120fps but in combat or heavy pop parts of the fleet it can drop to under 60.

why would an SSD bottleneck his cpu? the HDD is much slower than any SSD.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.