The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

5.x gearing woes, aka what are those folks in Austin smoking?

roadrunnerNM

I finally got to Tier 2 GC on one of my toons and discovered that crates drop 234's while drops from ops or pieces bought with unassembled components are 236's. And I understand 234's can't be upgraded with op drops or components. WTH? So not only does our "primary gearing method" (GC) give worse gear than the "supplementary" drops, but the two systems don't mesh. And this is a "simpler" system?! Just had to vent ...

I finally got to Tier 2 GC on one of my toons and discovered that crates drop 234's while drops from ops or pieces bought with unassembled components are 236's. And I understand 234's can't be upgraded with op drops or components. WTH? So not only does our "primary gearing method" (GC) give worse gear than the "supplementary" drops, but the two systems don't mesh. And this is a "simpler" system?! Just had to vent ...

If I am correct, tier one items are either 228 or 230, tier 2 items are either 234 or 236 and tier 3 items are either 240 or 242 with the set pieces being 230 for tier 1, 234 for tier 2 and 242 for tier 3.

If I am correct, tier one items are either 228 or 230, tier 2 items are either 234 or 236 and tier 3 items are either 240 or 242 with the set pieces being 230 for tier 1, 234 for tier 2 and 242 for tier 3.

Set pieces can be on both the 234 (purple) and 236 (yellow) or 240 (purple) and 242 (yellow) - only the "Legendary" quality can be traded in, but the set piece bonus is attached to both the purple and yellows in tiers 2 and 3, and presumably 4.

Tier 1:

228 green, lettered mods no set bonus

230 blue, lettered mods, no set bonus

230 purple, good mods, set bonus, can be upgraded via PVP and gained in Ops

Tier 2:

232 green, lettered mods no set bonus

234 blue, lettered mods, no set bonus

234 purple, good mods, set bonus

236 gold, good mods, set bonus, can be upgraded via PVP and gained in Ops

Tier 3:

238 green, lettered mods no set bonus

240 blue, lettered mods, no set bonus

240 purple, good mods, and set bonus

242 gold, good mods, and set bonus, can be upgraded via PVP (in 3.2) and gained in Ops

Edited by Mubrak

Tier 1:

228 green, lettered mods no set bonus

230 blue, lettered mods, no set bonus

230 purple, good mods, set bonus, can be upgraded via PVP and gained in Ops

Tier 2:

232 green, lettered mods no set bonus

234 blue, lettered mods, no set bonus

234 purple, good mods, set bonus

236 gold, good mods, set bonus, can be upgraded via PVP and gained in Ops

Tier 3:

238 green, lettered mods no set bonus

240 blue, lettered mods, no set bonus

240 purple, good mods, and set bonus

242 gold, good mods, and set bonus, can be upgraded via PVP (in 3.2) and gained in Ops

Damn...you made my post look petty :p

Great details!!!