Returning the extra gear for another piece

WizardGR

As many, I am also finding in crates gear that I already have.

2 or 3 pieces of Chest, 4 pieces of Belt...etc.

Is it a bad idea, to have the abitlty to return the extra pieces of gear (Set Bonus Gear) to a vendor to acquire something else?

Like in the past with the crystals.

You could return back something that you didn't want and claim other piece of gear.

At least that will solve the problem ot doubles

Edited by WizardGR

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but what if I take a piece of gear set, from pvp, (let' say gloves) and after that I will open a crate and find the exact same set gear. T1, T2 or T3.

What I will do with 2 gloves?

And also I will have spend my pvp components for a gear piece.

----

The above was a recent example.

Did an operation, and had a token belt.

After the operation, I also opened the crates!

Take a guess of what I 've found in crates!!

Same with T2 gear on another char.

I was ready to buy a T2 gloves with componets.

I said, i ll do the "weekly" 1rst to open crates and then to buy a t2 gloves

Guess again what I've found in the crates!!

Edited by WizardGR

I have reached Galactic Command rank 300+ and have yet to see a set bonus bracer drop or belt drop on my main character, but I have gotten at least 3 boots per tier, 3 gloves per tier and I have seen multiple head pieces as well.

I just recently started working on an alt and got it to tier 2 and again I have gotten many repeat items in the chests at the end of tier 1 on the alt I had only three armor pieces with the set bonus, but had I been able to trade in the repeat drops I would have had a full set bonus.

Why not give us the option to reverse engineer the set piece gear and get unassembled components so we could then go buy a piece we can use. Make it fair, if a tier 1 bracer is reverse engineered you get 75 unassembled components if you lack a chest piece you will still have to get more gear to reverse engineer or do pvp or starfighter to make up the difference, but at least we move forward. If in tier 2 and 3 you get the purple pieces that you can't use to buy the top tier piece (that is a whole other rant we won't get into) let them give unassembled components of the tier below since they aren't considered best in slot for the tier they are dropping in.

The "Disintegrate" button at the bottom of the Command Stash window doesn't give you Command XP? Is that not "something"?

150 CXP. (or more). as the common stuff

At least "Disintegrate" an Artifact, Legendary item. to give somethig more.

Like a temporary buff with a critical chance to find something equal, but for another slot

Yes, but what if I take a piece of gear set, from pvp, (let' say gloves) and after that I will open a crate and find the exact same set gear. T1, T2 or T3.

What I will do with 2 gloves?

And also I will have spend my pvp components for a gear piece.

1. Take out the mod+enhancement and use them on a different slot or give them to an alt

2. Save the shell and upgrade it to a set of a different class if your alt needs it

I am playng the alts, with diffrent role.

Imperial Healer, Republic dps, same class.

So its still no use.

You can take only the mods, to place them in a diffrenet gear, but still you are losing a whole Set Gear

2) It's an option, but I ll have to spend components 2 times.

One time for the present character and 1 more time for an alt.

Too expensive option

Edited by WizardGR

I do not see the problem in having an exchange vendor for those items that you may already have or don't need.

Yes you can run operations or do pvp but not everyone does that.

Yes you can disintegrate the item for command points but that again is not really helping if you get a piece you already have or don't need.

Having an exchange vendor would be helpful to a lot of players and I think it is a very good idea or at least let us exchange them with our other characters.

Before you say take the mods out, you can't do that with implants, earpieces or relics so having a bound to legacy would be a good idea to be able to share it with our alts.

So its still no use.

You can take only the mods, to place them in a diffrenet gear, but still you are losing a whole Set Gear

Too expensive option

That is true, depending on the repeated set piece. for example:

1) if it's a repeated 230 set piece, when you upgrade it using Unassembled components, you could turn that DPS set piece (the extra) into a 236 Healer set piece (and then move it around by Legacy gear).

2) if it's a 234 extra, or 240 extra, I'd suggest to just Disintegrate it for the CXP.

3) if it's a 236, or a 242 extra (if your that lucky), upgrade using Unassembled components. (see number 1 for the 230. works for these, tho the 242 suggestion here is for after 5.2 when 248 gear comes out.

Edited by Toraak

So its still no use.

It's still a gain, better than getting blue/purple mods and enhancements stat-wise.

Too expensive option

But you bypass a tier for an alt if you use the upgraded piece on him. In 5.2 you're bypassing two tiers in fact, since T2 will be the new baseline purchase for unassembled components.

Not saying it's super useful but still a use in case your alt needs the slot filled.

I do not see the problem in having an exchange vendor for those items that you may already have or don't need.

Yes you can run operations or do pvp but not everyone does that.

Yes you can disintegrate the item for command points but that again is not really helping if you get a piece you already have or don't need.

Having an exchange vendor would be helpful to a lot of players and I think it is a very good idea or at least let us exchange them with our other characters.

My problem is:

1. I want players encouraged into operations and pvp, content that is more dependent on set gear anyway.

2. Two to three weeks of casual pvp (2-4 matches a day) is enough to get you a full set anyway, assuming you get nothing from crates.

3. I don't want more vendors to clutter up that supply section.

4. I don't want the system to become more convoluted.

Before you say take the mods out, you can't do that with implants, earpieces or relics so having a bound to legacy would be a good idea to be able to share it with our alts.

But you can craft/buy those instead.

Edited by Eli_Porter

I am not sure if you have the option to turn back a (T1) DPS set gear, in order to take a t2 HEAL set gear.

Also spending 180 components for a (T2) MH weapon, for an alt, you will not have components for you.

They arent legacy wide components. (5 character x 100 componets for only doing Weekly pvp)

That at least could help.

Bur right now I have do pvp with only 1 character to gather 100 components.

Still, I am not sure for the 1rst (Dps to Heal gear and the opposite)

Crates aren't the primary means of obtaining set bonus gear, just like crystals weren't in 4.x (except you have a chance now).

Do PvP and Operations for guaranteed sets.

Incorrect. Crate ARE the primary gearing source. PvP and Ops were meant to be supplementary, not primary.

Incorrect. Crate ARE the primary gearing source. PvP and Ops were meant to be supplementary, not primary.

I said set gear, not gear in general. And what was meant is irrelevant, the fastest way to get set gear in less than a month from now will be PvP and Operations, unless you get lucky.

I said set gear, not gear in general. And what was meant is irrelevant, the fastest way to get set gear in less than a month from now will be PvP and Operations, unless you get lucky.

With 14 chars= 14 Months if you are lucky, because event is going to end. (event brought some people back, as I read in forums)

I understood what you meant. I'm just telling you that that is not how Bioware wanted it. I agree with you...Ops are by far the fastest way...PvP is slower than gear boxes though...you just can't get the commendations needed to advance, even after the increase. PvP items need their prices halved to make it at all realistic.

My problem is:

2. Two to three weeks of casual pvp (2-4 matches a day) is enough to get you a full set anyway, assuming you get nothing from crates.

How do you figure?

Supposing you do both PvP dailies every day nets you 236-292 UCs per week. Let's say 250 on average. You need 1290 UCs to buy a whole 14-piece T1 set. That's 6 weeks worth of PvP.

Granted, there's always the possibility of getting something from the crates. There's also the possibility of getting the piece you've just bought with UCs, which is kind of like the point many people are making.

EDIT: Nevermind, you clarified it's just the 7 set pieces you were talking about. Still, a protection from duplicates would be nice.

Edited by Dbohrius

With 14 chars= 14 Months if you are lucky, because event is going to end. (event brought some people back, as I read in forums)

What I meant in "less than a month" was that in 5.2, which is coming in less than a month, operation drops will be buffed to make set gearing much easier.

Right now you can get a full set in two weeks by doing 4 pvp matches a day, even if you get no sets from crates.

This topic is important. Not only should you be able to exchange purple/legendary set pieces for another piece of gear, it should be usable by an alt. Like you can exchange 230/236/242 unwanted piece for a legacy bound "Voucher for Set Gear Piece".

Exchange your 236, you get "Voucher for 236 set gear piece" etc.

Then we can gear our alts and play them again some day. Currently there is no reason to ever play alts again. Because no-way-in-heck is anyone going to grind for a year on his/her top character and then start doing the same thing on the alts too. Alts are dead in 5.0 but we can fix that with a change like this.

The other important change to bring alts back would be ALSO to do like in 4.0 where alts earn legacy transferable CXP and unassembled components.

These 2 items would eliminate the problem of the insult of getting duplicate set gear drops and allow us to play our alts again and gear any character by playing any character on the account. We could do this in 4.0 (for PvP) and it was genius. Probably the best feature SWTOR had over other MMOs for PvP we lost when we lost that.

This, only for T2 Gear.

For T3 how many components do you need, with same tactic?

And we dont mention the option to buy T2 gear for an alt

Spending components for alts with 1 character, it will not help you for T3 gear

This, only for T2 Gear.

For T3 how many components do you need, with same tactic?

And we dont mention the option to buy T2 gear for an alt

Spending components for alts with 1 character, it will not help you for T3 gear

It's more important to first get 6 set armorings. The tier of the armorings themselves isn't that important, since you can get T3 on everything else with crafting, trading, and legacy shell transferring.

Edited by Eli_Porter

It's more important to first get 6 set armorings. The tier of the armorings themselves isn't that important, since you can get T3 on everything else with crafting, trading, and legacy shell transferring.

Actually when they set bolster to 230 it became important.

Crafted gear has less stats than the ones that coming from system .

Still is better than nothing,

Also if I am not mistaken, you can not return back a set gear (T1, T2, T3), if you dont have also the armor.

I think I tried to give back a T1 Gear Set with mods, in a custom Armor (for a T2) and It didnt recognize it.

So I have to return it, back to the other alt, who initially did the purchase of the gear.