The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I give up. I surrender.

Cretinus

I just don't know how to gear my toons in this expansion. I hardly get any MK-3 items. One every 10 crates or the like. Mostly doubles that I already have. If I spend my unassembled components to by MK-3s, then I no longer have unassembled components for upgrading them. And this with my main toon. To gear it will take until the next expansion and to gear the others will take years of grinding. Why they made it like this?!

On my sniper since launch of this horror show.. with the time i have to play, i got a set bonus of 236 augmented, 2 230 relics, 234 implants and earpiece and 234 OH and 236 MH... that is months of play, with the time i have and only on this toon.... gear on other toons suck ... and u do feel the difference if ur undergeared.... so yeah, BW this sucks! :( People who mainly pvp, should not be made to grind gear, Expertice worked just find... sorry!

I also don't understand the point of these crates comprising greens lvl < 230 and other garbage stuff. Is it for demoralizing and frustrating people?! I mean, most commando rank tier 1 people are on crafted 230s, trying to get the MK-3 230s for the set bonus and for starting to upgrade them. Then you do 10 WZs and 10 uprisings and all you get are lvl 220 greens, empty shells and other garbage items, or if you're VERY lucky, then you get one single MK-3, mostly an earpiece or the like, mostly one that you already have twice, well, hello?! This is insane.

I know how much you love tanks :p ... I think for tank gearing the best way I have come up with is to swap to DPS spec for the crates, and to buy the tanking set bonus stuff. I think that's the better way, because from the DPS gear I want the mods and enhancements, and for the most part, those are interchangeable. So it doesn't matter if I get dups, since I can still extract the mods enhancements from them and use them anywhere. Then I use the components to buy the set pieces from the vendors.

As far as I can see, though, the mods/enhances I get from the DPS gear are not the high-endurance ones. For that I *have* to either craft them, get someone to craft them, or buy them off GTN. But I can only get 240's doing that, right? Not 242s? So 240B's give me 193 endurance. I don't know what 242-not-B from the crates would come out to - let alone I haven't really looked into the diff between "gold" and "purple" gear yet (because I'm seeing that I get some "gold" from the crates).

And it seems worthless to get the 230b's, just to replace the 230's I'm getting from the tier 1 crates (and then again at tier 2, etc.). So I'm making due with just the stuff from crates for the time being. It makes me "differently geared" than I would choose, but I don't have the interest in crafting or the PvE-based-checking-account to afford really any of the better stuff.

So, yeah... this is basically ridiculous. All I can say is thank goodness I only play regs, and thank goodness for bolster. Because it means I don't actually have to care about any of this very much.

Wooohoooa! My 4th adept vambracers MK3 now!!!!! This is SOOOOO insane! BW did the maths to have you earn one MK3 every 10 crates, but then they haven't provided for an exchange possibilirty in case of doubles! Some lucky people get chest, trousers, boots and gloves after 40 crates and other ones like me get 4 times the same bracers!!

Yes it is the worst system ever implemented in this game - especially for PVP.

That being said, you can certainly gear up if you simply commit to one character and keep leveling. I finally hit 300 this morning, and my toon as been in full set bonus gear since ~250 I think. I do however only have 3 x 242 pieces so the grind is still very real. I think the coming changes with 5.1.2 will make it slightly easier to get the appropriate gear (increasing "luck" the closer you get to tiers and better components drop). They do however still need to make UCs legacy and obtainable at low -/midbies.

And yes gear makes a difference. There is already an obvious difference between the haves and the have nots. It will be even worse with 246 gear.

I am around Galactic Command rank 260 now.

I saved and then opened 35 Tier 3 crates and got 2 Iokath 240 rated alacrity relics, one 242 adept earpiece and no set bonus for my dps assassin.

I just gear through unassmbled components now and whatever item I get via crates is just an added bonus.

Funny thing is I manged to get my lvl 65 shadow a full set of 230-236 mix, with duplets and by ripping out the item modifications I upgraded on my assassin for when I ever manage to lvl her to 70.

I just don't know how to gear my toons in this expansion. I hardly get any MK-3 items. One every 10 crates or the like. Mostly doubles that I already have. If I spend my unassembled components to by MK-3s, then I no longer have unassembled components for upgrading them. And this with my main toon. To gear it will take until the next expansion and to gear the others will take years of grinding. Why they made it like this?!

What i don't know is that why are you writing it here?BW never checks this part of the forum,write your feedback in general discussion so they can see your feedback.