scrap novare coast

Oldenglishe

NC's capping system is not perfect but rather obviously preferable to CW as far as team fights go. It is far too easy to win CW by just dying slowly in the right parts of the map. This works on NC too, of course, but incremental objective capping at least makes it less easy to pull off.

If your team is getting handily beaten in team fights on NC it is difficult to win by cap cheese: if you are dead or heavily outnumbered you are going to have little luck getting ticks. This is clearly less true for CW. A slow trickle of the right classes and players onto a node is WAY more likely to keep ownership of it indefinitely than on NC, even if you have blatantly lost and continue to lose the team fight there.

NC's cap system is silly for stalemated team fights but so is CW's; the difference being that one obviously works better when it isn't a stalemate.

Edited by yellow_

Darn no, its my favorite map :D. The nodes allow for in fight capping, but are pretty much immune to a single sap cap, and the concept of one turret to down the shield and one to damage means the game isnt over till one team truly has 0%. Saw a comeback from 100-2% once (altough granted, most of the time it won't happen, did see it once)

I like alderaan as well, but there is always a point where you say, "k guys, we win with one" and everyone just go sit on their turret for the last 2-3 minutes of the game. grass and snow are also damn annoying when some class know how to play the ledges.

While some team get so mismatched sometimes that people are being nuked a few meters from spawn on BOTH side can happen, they are also fairly rare, and it probably would have been just as not fun on another map.

Also, good ol' pvp where you fight players is always great. I don't mind odessen every now and then, as its fun and original, or the classic huttball sometimes, but Voidstar, Alderaan and Novare Coast remains the classic we're always happy to see.

Queshball can fall in fire into a bottomless abyss.

Darn no, its my favorite map :D. The nodes allow for in fight capping, but are pretty much immune to a single sap cap, and the concept of one turret to down the shield and one to damage means the game isnt over till one team truly has 0%. Saw a comeback from 100-2% once (altough granted, most of the time it won't happen, did see it once)

I like alderaan as well, but there is always a point where you say, "k guys, we win with one" and everyone just go sit on their turret for the last 2-3 minutes of the game. grass and snow are also damn annoying when some class know how to play the ledges.

While some team get so mismatched sometimes that people are being nuked a few meters from spawn on BOTH side can happen, they are also fairly rare, and it probably would have been just as not fun on another map.

Also, good ol' pvp where you fight players is always great. I don't mind odessen every now and then, as its fun and original, or the classic huttball sometimes, but Voidstar, Alderaan and Novare Coast remains the classic we're always happy to see.

Queshball can fall in fire into a bottomless abyss.

Queshball wouldnt be so bad if they would fix the damned rubber banding from scoundrels and gunslingers. Roll, and then you cant target them because they are glitching all over the place and POOF they are at the goal line.

I like NC. They are legit tactics. You must be on the look out at all times. No chasing the kills, but skilled teamwork. And it has always been spam capping. I also like the way Gree pylons have evolved into guarding the pylon being a priority and middle being a dash in and dash out, I just wish people wouldn't over extend and get themselves isolated or learn to run when they are losing health.

novare coast has turned into a spam cap fest. not to mention bioware employees backing phase walk capping and holo capping as a legit tactic. this map sucks. bring new content into the game. this **** is horrible

thanks for reading

Everyone has favourite maps and ones they hate. This just happens to be one you hate while others love it.

People try to spam cap in every capping map. Which is actually really stupid because they die 95% of the time because they don't want to break the cap attempt. All you have to do is kill them while they keep trying to cap. It's even better when you have 5-6 of them do it at once and all you need to do is rotate your AOE abilities at leisure because they aren't attacking you while they spam cap. One Sorc can defend a node when they all do that.

Tactics are obviously too hard for some people. I actually love the other team trying to spam cap. It makes me laugh my *** off because it is the stupidest tactic. They should all wear those Rotworm crash Helmets so they don't hurt their brains.

No, no, no, no and no.

1. Mostly immune to sapcaps,
  2. Don't need you to clear out the enemy team to cap a node, which makes it more enjoyable in the case of stalemates,
  3. The incremental and parallel caps value teamwork and actually require attention from the enemy team to interrupt properly,
  4. The outcome can change till the very last second, unlike for example in CW, where for almost half of the game it's pointless waiting for the timer to run out.

Leave Novare alone.

No, no, no, no and no.

1. Mostly immune to sapcaps,
  2. Don't need you to clear out the enemy team to cap a node, which makes it more enjoyable in the case of stalemates,
  3. The incremental and parallel caps value teamwork and actually require attention from the enemy team to interrupt properly,
  4. The outcome can change till the very last second, unlike for example in CW, where for almost half of the game it's pointless waiting for the timer to run out.

Leave Novare alone.

Nova favours all classes. Every class has something to offer if they play to the classes strengths

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.