Regs have gone to crap

DarthRaika

I'm really not that angry. I just swear a lot.

Anyway the point remains.

But I really don't think a group queue would work at this point since the player base is just too small. You don't always have groups running. What they could do though, is smarten up the system to put groups against each other more.

At this point ANYTHING would be welcomed. But if they did all three of the things I said, we would be golden. But you know, logic doesn't work when it comes to BW xD.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or, if the special snowflakes learnt to play, if they insist on playing Ill-murder-you-in-the-name-of-justice.

That wouldn't do anything for the faction imbalance. If you re going to quote me, quote everything I said instead of cherry picking it so people can see it in context. :rolleyes: And the reason I do not play imp is simple, bigotry. The amount of people, not everyone obviously, but the amount of people on imp side that are intolerant l33t ******s is astonishing and depressing.

That is completely off topic though, so let's not go there.

Edited by mmmbuddah

That wouldn't do anything for the faction imbalance. If you re going to quote me, quote everything I said instead of cherry picking it so people can see it in context. :rolleyes: And the reason I do not play imp is simple, bigotry. The amount of people, not everyone obviously, but the amount of people on imp side that are intolerant l33t ******s is astonishing and depressing.

That is completely off topic though, so let's not go there.

I would truly welcome if somebody explained to me what the true reason of this faction imbalance is, other than (apparently) the people attracted by one side are worse players than people attracted by the other side.

One guy tried to make up some reasoning about how a bigger pool of players meant a higher average skill level, he... wasn't quite convincing, so to speak.

I would truly welcome if somebody explained to me what the true reason of this faction imbalance is, other than (apparently) the people attracted by one side are worse players than people attracted by the other side..

Well, "attraction" has nothing' to do with it. Everyone wants to be a winner, so if you don't wanna fight an uphill battle you simply re-roll on the side that are the one who seems to be the winning side. How does make that faction imbalance increased? Well, you put in a reward system that makes the winning side able to obtain better gear quicker! It's all quite simple really. No Nobelprize nomination is required to figure that out . . .

Oh and congratulation to your 13th birthday by the way . . .:rolleyes:

Edited by t-darko

Well, "attraction" has nothing' to do with it. Everyone wants to be a winner, so if you don't wanna fight an uphill battle you simply re-roll on the side that are the one who seems to be the winning side. How does make that faction imbalance increased? Well, you put in a reward system that makes the winning side able to obtain better gear quicker! It's all quite simple really. No Nobelprize nomination is required to figure that out . . .

Exactly. It is the sheep effect. :rak_04:

But if all the people that cannot make a win just reroll, shouldn't they be dragging down the winning side?

Edit: Damn, I missed it! It's the gear! Always the gear! So when 4-7 people get capped in Novare right in front of their pretty noses, it must be because they didn't stack enough Alacrity, have longer GCDs and cannot interrupt properly... right?

But if all the people that cannot make a win just reroll, shouldn't they be dragging down the winning side?

Edit: Damn, I missed it! It's the gear! Always the gear! So when 4-7 people get capped in Novare right in front of their pretty noses, it must be because they didn't stack enough Alacrity, have longer GCDs and cannot interrupt properly... right?

No, it clearly went over your head. They go over because the imps , and this is pretty much widely accepted for tre, win most of the time, and they get more unassembled piees. So people roll imp. No point in even talking to you about this because it is pretty clear that you will just have trollish remarks in return anyhow no matter how thought out the discussion.

They go over because the imps , and this is pretty much widely accepted for tre, win most of the time, and they get more unassembled piees. So people roll imp.

I've taken the liberty of removing your personal remarks, hopefully not stripping too much of the essential context of what you said.

So Imps have better gear because they win, and they win because they have better gear.

My dear Lad, or Lassie, what do I know, I gonna try this once more, the continuation is pretty much up to you . . .

Now, the bulk of the pvp population is made up of average pvpers, contrary to popular belief that 90% of the pvp population consist of awesome, never losing, Solo killing Team carriers, 'cos as you so correctly remarked things would be very different then.

The average pvp player, you know those who makes the regular pops possible in Regs, mind you I'm going out on a limb here, is dependant not only on decent gear, but among other things, healers and a good team composition. That's three(3) lets say, basic things, Gear, Healers, and a good team composition(as a couple of participants that actually know what they're doing), lacking one or two of these things and an average pvper instantly turns into a BaD one, OR in perfect environment actually looking like a decent pvper, and as such he/she might even get such confidence that he comes here on these forums and spread his uberness!

Know imagine one faction being drained of 1 or 2 of the above 3 described things, due to a lack of wins OR just a belief that he/she belongs to the top 90 % and after 3 losses just changes faction. And Violá, ups there it is, the perceived winning faction!! This isn't mind boggling logic it's quite simple natural human behavior and no one is really at fault for it to be so, unless one, like say, a Dev, is unaware of this in puts in an order of things that actually accentuates and reinforce that behavior.

Edited by t-darko

My dear Lad, or Lassie, what do I know, I gonna try this once more, the continuation is pretty much up to you . . .

Now, the bulk of the pvp population is made up of average pvpers, contrary to popular belief that 90% of the pvp population consist of awesome, never losing, Solo killing Team carriers, 'cos as you so correctly remarked things would be very different then.

The average pvp player, you know those who makes the regular pops possible in Regs, mind you I'm going out on a limb here, is dependant not only on decent gear, but among other things, healers and a good team composition. That's three(3) lets say, basic things, Gear, Healers, and a good team composition(as a couple of participants that actually know what they're doing), lacking one or two of these things and an average pvper instantly turns into a BaD one, OR in perfect environment actually looking like a decent pvper, and as such he/she might even get such confidence that he comes here on these forums and spread his uberness!

Know imagine one faction being drained of 1 or 2 of the above 3 described things, due to a lack of wins OR just a belief that he/she belongs to the top 90 % and after 3 losses just changes faction. And Violá, ups there it is, the perceived winning faction!! This isn't mind boggling logic it's quite simple natural human behavior and no one is really at fault for it to be so, unless one, like say, a Dev, is unaware of this in puts in an order of things that actually accentuates and reinforce that behavior.

Exactly. And that would be the unassembled components and a horrible method of gearing.

except any half decent team can switch over to their pub toons and win their as well. The issue is there seems to be a bigger concentration of people who don't know what the hell they're doing over there.

Eh, not with this gearing system. The incentive's been quite effectively killed.

Which misses more than a third of the pieces. On top of that, you are still better off playing your main, because the unassembled components are legacy-bound and your main is likely to be getting better drops than a casual alt.

Unless you got full gear :rolleyes:

Honestly, this whole thread is one big *********** joke.

If you really have that much of a problem with people forming premades, then maybe you should take a close look in the mirror and face the fact that the problem might be yourself.

I soloqueue a lot, I also occasionally premade and anyone that can go with a premade would be a fool not to.

Why? Because the average player in Regs is a complete bonehead.

The amount of times I've had someone **** over my "Sap caps" isn't even to be mentioned.

But I can tell you with absolute certainty the number would be in the triple zero's.

If the average player in regs wouldn't be so gosh darn aweful, maybe more good players would be willing to queue alone. Tbh, the fact that I mostly play Sin is probably the only reason I still do.

Because if I'd be a Guardian trying to full time soloqueue I'd ragequit PvP itself as well.

You just can't make a big enough difference when the rest of the team is completely unaware of *** to do.

If you can't beat them, join them. If you aren't good enough to join them, work harder. End of story.

This thread is not about premaders being evil or that noobs should "git gud". I even mentioned in multiple posts that I completely understand decent pvp'rs who premade because they are tired of the coin flip that pugging regs is and so they choose to pugstomp over the coin toss.

The only premaders I insult are the complete losers that really enjoy pugstomping and love it more than even matches. These people are terrible human beings. I don't think most premaders fit into that category though. I know I didn't when I premaded. I get the feeling that you would like more even matches as well.

I am fully aware that BW will never add a good matchmaking system for regs but there is at least a small chance we could convince them to add the most basic kind of matchmaking if we come together(they added more complex matchmaking in ranked for instance).

I am just asking for a system that if there is a premade on one team the system "tries" for several minutes to get a premade on the other team as well. If this very short window passes without any luck then it works as it does now.

I think most of us would like more even matches. I think most people are decent and most pvp'rs are competitive. If my assumptions are correct then I would think most of us would like to have basic matchmaking. I hope I'm right :) .

Edited by DarthRaika

The only premaders I insult are the complete losers that really enjoy pugstomping and love it more than even matches.

I think you will find that these are pretty much nonexistant. If you've ever been on the giving end of this spectrum I think you'd quickly realize that pushover wins are pretty damn boring. Everyone likes closer matches, but the games population doesn't really leave a whole lot of room for advanced matchmaking.

I think you will find that these are pretty much nonexistant. If you've ever been on the giving end of this spectrum I think you'd quickly realize that pushover wins are pretty damn boring. Everyone likes closer matches, but the games population doesn't really leave a whole lot of room for advanced matchmaking.

You're hitting the nail on the head here. On occasion our guild has two premades on the same team and we just face 8 PUGs. What is the point of that? Especially in APG, where even the faction isn't an obstacle. Majority of the excellent matches I've had during this expansion have been against my own guildies.

You're hitting the nail on the head here. On occasion our guild has two premades on the same team and we just face 8 PUGs. What is the point of that? Especially in APG, where even the faction isn't an obstacle. Majority of the excellent matches I've had during this expansion have been against my own guildies.

Which brings us to the current situation. If you been around long enough, experienced the decline of the pvp population, this is the effect of that. There's really no arguing against wanting to play together with other players that know what to do and when to do it, certainly not against playing with friends.

But now we're at a point, a juncture really, when it comes to pvp, where it's up to us if the decline is to be slowed down. I had a hard time getting pops in midbies last night on TRE. That's a bad sign, that means that the possibility to level through pvp is about to disappear. Which in turn means that more and more is going to, if ever, do their pvp debut at level 70. That equals more n00bs i top tier pvp, and that my friend, as the OP points out, certainly comes across as if "Regs have gone to crap".

So what to do? Well, we could resort to the general pvp community way of troubleshooting; Blame the Devs. Which ultimately brings me to my point; Has it worked? Has things changed to the better?

Either you are a part of the problem OR you're a part of the Solution! Going on like we have been, blaming the Devs, only makes us as a community a part of the problem. To be a part of the Solution, we need to start to think and act smart, and yes the winning side is the key to do just that; cos it is about how we play, how we win! and finally how we include those average newbies, who sometimes are oldies that should know better.

On a general level we need to stop with the spawn camps, they only drive players away, but I've earned my camping rights, you say, and sure you have, but then again do you want to be a part of the solution or of the problem?

We need to stop with the shut outs, when you're winning mate, then you're winning, no need to kill the pops and ultimately the pvp while doing it.

So we're not going to have any fun at all??! Well, I would say past 23.00 gmt or the equivalent time zone we could have the "No hold Bars" games, but any match before that should be about pvp community preserving play, where we have fun, educate, learn and develop. And during the "Nohold Bars" hours it's really up to the winning side how competitive you want it. If it's one sided well mix it up on a sister guild to make the matches more challenging. At that hour we're not as many in the queue that we can't communicate, per faction or inside the Warzones.

We're Five(5) years in to the game guys, it's time the PvP community becomes a Community.

Which brings us to the current situation. If you been around long enough, experienced the decline of the pvp population, this is the effect of that. There's really no arguing against wanting to play together with other players that know what to do and when to do it, certainly not against playing with friends.

The frequency of pops has definitely gone down and I think over the years the average skill level of the people in PvP has declined as well. I've got nothing but subjective evidence for this, of course, but I think we share the same sentiment here.

But now we're at a point, a juncture really, when it comes to pvp, where it's up to us if the decline is to be slowed down. I had a hard time getting pops in midbies last night on TRE. That's a bad sign, that means that the possibility to level through pvp is about to disappear. Which in turn means that more and more is going to, if ever, do their pvp debut at level 70. That equals more n00bs i top tier pvp, and that my friend, as the OP points out, certainly comes across as if "Regs have gone to crap".

I spent some time leveling a toon from 65 to 70 during the last month or so. Getting midtier pops was an absolute pain. This was on TRE as well, even though apparently my guild doesn't solo queue. It's a shame really, because not only do I like to level through PvP, but on rare occasions doing some midbies is actually quite fun.

So what to do? Well, we could resort to the general pvp community way of troubleshooting; Blame the Devs. Which ultimately brings me to my point; Has it worked? Has things changed to the better?

Either you are a part of the problem OR you're a part of the Solution! Going on like we have been, blaming the Devs, only makes us as a community a part of the problem. To be a part of the Solution, we need to start to think and act smart, and yes the winning side is the key to do just that; cos it is about how we play, how we win! and finally how we include those average newbies, who sometimes are oldies that should know better.

Just my personal point of view, but I do help people if I get asked. However, getting unsolicited abuse in whispers even before a match starts just sort of takes away the motivation to do that. I try to keep my head down, ignore the whispers and pick the ones where I get asked genuine questions (which form a minority of the messages I get). Quite frankly, all the abuse, name calling and implicit threats just make want to start acting like a *****.

On a general level we need to stop with the spawn camps, they only drive players away, but I've earned my camping rights, you say, and sure you have, but then again do you want to be a part of the solution or of the problem?

I don't spawn camp and I've seen one of my guildies do it once. He wanted to see if you still die if you jump on the enemy team's spawn in Civil War. He died.

So we're not going to have any fun at all??! Well, I would say past 23.00 gmt or the equivalent time zone we could have the "No hold Bars" games, but any match before that should be about pvp community preserving play, where we have fun, educate, learn and develop. And during the "Nohold Bars" hours it's really up to the winning side how competitive you want it. If it's one sided well mix it up on a sister guild to make the matches more challenging. At that hour we're not as many in the queue that we can't communicate, per faction or inside the Warzones.

I play to win and to hang around with my friends. Going to do the best I can to win, but I am not taunting the enemy teams. For whatever reason it seems that the majority of chat aggro starts not from the premades, but the people fighting against them. If I happen to kill someone in PvP and then I get a 5 minute tirade on General chat, I honestly can't see what I did wrong there. Same for being called out for ruining games with a premade while I solo queue. Furthermore, I honestly think that the premades make a greater effort to keep the game alive than the people who incessantly whine about them and actively sling abuse.

The community is there, it just needs condensing and igniting.

😈

Agreed. And this positivity is why everyone loves (B)Eastiano. :t_angel:

So why do you ONLY pvp on your imperial since the ToFN exodus?

You already told me it's because rep's are bad (i.e you want easier games). Instead of balancing it out a bit more you've made the problem worse. Like he said, part of the problem or part of the solution.

8v8 the other night on hypergates. Bad reps (this includes the ones who don't just jump ship) capped the node that most would assume is imperials from the get go...you know the one you didn't go to to try sap cap the other. You fail that sap cap (because of me) you then fail to force speed into the health (because of me) and then you leave the warzone. about 1 to 1.30 in.

Your not looking for balance mate, your looking for an easy time. Hence the imperial exclusiveness and hence the rage quitting against the "reps are bad" teams.

So why do you ONLY pvp on your imperial since the ToFN exodus?

Because literally everyone (save a couple lost souls) has their main on the Imperial side now.

And that was the case long before I made my Sin my main.

I don't log Rep, not because I'm afraid of losing, but because I have nothing to seek there.

That also makes the rest of your post irrelevant if not blatantly false.

Edited by Evolixe

LOL. Yes, sure, tell that to BiJ....or guilds like them. Who insulted everyone and their mother when they were pug stomping. They exist, saying they dont is just living in absolute denial.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.