The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why is the staff actually posting?

adormitul

walnuts. definitely walnuts. or this ashtray, no no. not walnuts just this astray... And this paddle game. - The ashtray and the paddle game... And this remote control. - The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control... And these matches. - The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control, and the paddle ball... And this lamp. - The ashtray, this paddle game, and the remote control, and the lamp. And that's *all*. it cant be anything else; nothing, i tell you...The paddle game and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches for sure. Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - That's all there is.

Not really more then usual really. The staff you are referring to is pretty much just the same one or two people in the community facing role.

They do go through some peaks and valleys of how much they post, depending on if there is a lot of issues with new content or not. right now.. we see more dialog because there are serious issues with GC.. and it relevant for them to interact more with the forum on this topic.

What you no longer really see however is actual members of the development team posting in the forums.

Edited by CommunityDroidEU
rude part removed

Okay I am here since the game started and in the last 2 years there where little to no staff posts but now there many why is that?

Something happened and I like when things happened what is the something?

It started with an uprising against the Galactic Command system by enough long time SWTOR MMO veterans to cause an unprecedented 4 PR damage control livestreams to be produced within the first 8 weeks of 5.0's release. The staff continue to post in the forums because the protest is getting louder with each grind acceleration hack they brazenly make to a system the protesters clearly want removed.

But this is nothing. You should see the SWTOR Twitter and Facebook pages as BWA's moderators for those accounts are working full time censoring and ultimately nuking all of the negative press they are getting. They're on the ropes and they know it.

Edited by GalacticKegger

walnuts. definitely walnuts. or this ashtray, no no. not walnuts just this astray... And this paddle game. - The ashtray and the paddle game... And this remote control. - The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control... And these matches. - The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control, and the paddle ball... And this lamp. - The ashtray, this paddle game, and the remote control, and the lamp. And that's *all*. it cant be anything else; nothing, i tell you...The paddle game and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches for sure. Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - That's all there is.

The quote is "and that's all I need", but putting this here was relatively stupid anyway so I am not surprised it was wrong.

yes, i know the quote and that he is listing the items that he needs. however, op was asking what could have happened and the quote, while still not very applicable, ran through my mind with such assurance that it begged to be listed--with a few alterations. no need to be rude.

It would be nice if the posts were anything of import, like why they felt that Galactic Command needed 100 more levels after 6 months.

Look at the stronghold post, it doesn't say anything. Its a question of If and When. Most posts that use that terminology say its not a question of if but when, only EAware instead opt for it may happen and it may happen in some time. Any fortune teller could have told us that.

The game is hemorrhaging players, nothing is being done about Galactic Command except to make it more of a grind, nothing is being done about class balance or PvP, nothing is being done about dead servers but lets not worry cause we may one day get a new stronghold that offers a worse decorating experience than ESO.

My guess is that with so few people still playing the game they are running out of things to do. So maybe they are reading and responding to forum posts in an effort to make themselves look busy.

DarthWoad;9252325]The reason they don't post is because they are scared of their toxic paying customers?

There is one thing of people acting like jerks on the forums but quite another when a family is threatened. I don't know about you but if some idiot threatens my family I sure the hell would not post either as my family is more important than some jerk on the forums.