gunships have ruined GSF deathmatch

Jensaga

at least half the team plays a GS. give this game mode some attention, if you are going to throw bonus CXP on it.

balance it a little, tone down the 1 shot kills on rail slugs that bypass shields.

Attention for GSF would be great! But... not really for the reasons you want it. The balance is actually pretty good, aside from strike fighters being underpowered and having no real role.

It can definitely be frustrating, dealing with gunships... but they are actually pretty fragile if you know how to approach removing them. I even wrote a whole guide on the subject. Additionally, I run GSF School on YouTube, which has many lessons on dealing with all sorts of situations, even if you don't have upgraded ships. You'll find it a lot easier to compete once you're armed with some information and put it into practice!

Good luck, I hope you stick with GSF. Try asking veteran pilots for advice or to group up with you, too!

You should also join the GSF Discord, where you can find well over a hundred pilots as members now spanning all servers. It's a great place to chat about the game and find groups/events/help!

- Despon

Edited by caederon

its boring barrel rolling into a gunship field over and over again. i know how to counter them, but in doing so its generally going to be me charging alone into an enemy field of 5 or 6 gunships because my entire team is sitting back in gunships. its ridiculous.

its boring barrel rolling into a gunship field over and over again. i know how to counter them, but in doing so its generally going to be me charging alone into an enemy field of 5 or 6 gunships because my entire team is sitting back in gunships. its ridiculous.

That says more about your team than the game, doesn't it? What they're doing doesn't actually work very well. Why are they doing it anyway?

That says more about your team than the game, doesn't it? What they're doing doesn't actually work very well. Why are they doing it anyway?

no, it doesnt.

if you play GSF you know good and well that at least 50% of your team during deathmatch will be gunships. there isnt really anything that can be done, other than running a premade. I dont particularly blame them for using gunships. its the best ship to use in deathmatch, but it makes the game mode extremely one dimensional, not to mention boring.

if you play GSF you know good and well

...that scouts are lethal against gunships! Both the T1 and T2 scout have excellent systems and components that will melt gunships. They will particularly tear up novice gunship pilots, of which there are likely to be several in any large group of gunships.

What won't happen is one player won't beat eight no matter what they're flying. You need a team-wide effort, and if half or more of your team is not doing the job, you're not going to win often.

Groups of scouts are really a gunship wall's worst nightmare. Evasion will make them miss, a lot.

And is there something wrong with getting a group together or communicating with your team in matches? There are many strong ship choices in TDM. Advocate for scout if that's what you like to fly. Help people learn how to use Evasion, cooldowns, and tactical approaches to blow up the gunships you're facing.

- Despon

no, it doesnt.

if you play GSF you know good and well that at least 50% of your team during deathmatch will be gunships. there isnt really anything that can be done, other than running a premade. I dont particularly blame them for using gunships. its the best ship to use in deathmatch, but it makes the game mode extremely one dimensional, not to mention boring.

1) I am wondering how experienced you are on GSF.

2) I am wondering if have you ever played a Gunship.

3) I am wondering what lvl your upgrades are.

4) Half of your enemy team went Gunships and half of your team went also Gunships so the most skilled Gunship pilots won? Or is this a rage post "My team never goes Gunships".

In any case. Gunships can't one shoot. They can 2 shoot if they critical (passive skill that needs tons of points and that gives only 16% chance).As they can also get 2 shooted too.

Edited by NeverLoseFaith

With the exception of Harbinger the pool of players is so small now GSF is completely faction lopsided on most servers. What they need to do is blend the factions like they do in the current story and that will instantly make the matches more playable as they are distributing the veteran players around.

GSF is the most polarized game mode in SWTOR. People either hate it with a passion or become fans of it and IMHO it's entirely up to that first match if they'll stick with it. Give those people the best possible experience and maybe another pilot will be added to the pool of daily contenders.

it's entirely up to that first match if they'll stick with it. Give those people the best possible experience and maybe another pilot will be added to the pool of daily contenders.

While I can see where you're coming from with that sentiment, it's not true of all players that a difficult first match will chase them off. I started around launch with GSF, and routinely was reduced to space dust. It served to bolster my resolve to get good at the game and overcome the challenges. PvP gaming never appealed to me before GSF, but space combat games always had, so I stuck with it and I'm glad I did. Not everyone likes PvP in general, and that is likely true of a large percentage of the players in a primarily PvE MMORPG.

They should have structured the game differently at the start, but my guess is that the devs were really given very few resources to work with (which is evidenced by the scavenging and reuse of art assets) and could not implement a full-scale vision of how a game like GSF ought to be run. Nevertheless, they did manage to implement a very good PvP space combat game. It requires some diligence to leap the hurdles that the beginning player is faced with. That's why I started the GSF School YouTube Channel, so people would have a resource to help arm them against the tough challenges they'll face. Be certain, too, that they can be overcome.

In my opinion, the way to give new players the best possible experience is to socialize with them, offer to group with them, and be active in disseminating the knowledge that will lead to their improvement.

- Despon

1) I am wondering how experienced you are on GSF.

2) I am wondering if have you ever played a Gunship.

3) I am wondering what lvl your upgrades are.

4) Half of your enemy team went Gunships and half of your team went also Gunships so the most skilled Gunship pilots won? Or is this a rage post "My team never goes Gunships".

In any case. Gunships can't one shoot. They can 2 shoot if they critical (passive skill that needs tons of points and that gives only 16% chance).As they can also get 2 shooted too.

You seem to think im complaining that I am losing to gunships, which isn't really the point here. The complaint is that it makes for a very boring and 1 dimensional game mode. Sit back and snipe.

If I wanted to do that, I'd have stuck with counterstrike. I run with my guild sometimes, when more than 2 want to play GSF and we can change the dynamic of deathmatch, but most of the time people just don't want to play GSF and I feel like having a field full of gunships contributes to that.

With the exception of Harbinger the pool of players is so small now GSF is completely faction lopsided on most servers. What they need to do is blend the factions like they do in the current story and that will instantly make the matches more playable as they are distributing the veteran players around.

GSF is the most polarized game mode in SWTOR. People either hate it with a passion or become fans of it and IMHO it's entirely up to that first match if they'll stick with it. Give those people the best possible experience and maybe another pilot will be added to the pool of daily contenders.

the only thing that they can, and should do is merging all servers. Its a common knowledge that Harbinger is the only playable US server and that Red Eclipse is the only playable EU server. WIth introduction of PVE/PVP instances they killed PVP servers... TOFN (best EU PvP sever) died with release of this thing few months ago. There is completly no reason to keep more servers than one per region ( US, EU, ASIA / STUFF ).

GSF

Good scout can kill gunship without a problem... buy this one-and-only viable version that every pro pilot is flying and train.

Edited by PatrykJesionek

the only thing that they can, and should do is merging all servers. Its a common knowledge that Harbinger is the only playable US server and that Red Eclipse is the only playable EU server. WIth introduction of PVE/PVP instances they killed PVP servers... TOFN (best EU PvP sever) died with release of this thing few months ago. There is completly no reason to keep more servers than one per region ( US, EU, ASIA / STUFF ).

GSF

Good scout can kill gunship without a problem... buy this one-and-only viable version that every pro pilot is flying and train.

You didn't follow the thread. I don't need advice on how to counter a gunship. I've been killing "single" gunships all day.

The problem is that 8 out of 10 players on either team are using gunships and it makes for a boring game.

Secondly, even if you are the most leet ace scout pilot ever, you aren't flying into a squad of 6 gunships and killing anyone unless your team communicates and follows the strategy. Unless you are running a premade, you're going to have 6 or 7 gunships of your own, sitting 15000m away hoping for a lucky snipe.