Cartel Market LOL

BadHoneyBadger

Upon starting the game I saw that the Grand Nightlife Pack had came back for the weekend and this was exciting since it was one of my favorite series of packs. Upon going to buy one I saw that they were 750 Cartel Coins and were marked at 25% off. Now I'm no math expert but the most I have ever paid for a Hypercrate was 5400 cartel coins back when these came out (it is now 5850 for the new ones) and I believe they came with 20 (maybe 15 which Ill use for the calculation below) to a pack. So lets do some math:

5400/15 = 360 per pack

360 - 25% = 270 So based on the original price these should be 270 per pack

In reality

This a 138% markup from the original price

The markup is 184% from the "discounted" price

Someone correct me if I am wrong or if my math is wrong.

I'm pretty sure that's right. Since the packs have been unavailable for so long, some people are willing to pay much more for them. In any case, even if they were going for their original price, you're better off spending CC on other market items to then sell for credits on the GTN. You can then use those credits to buy what you wanted from the Nightlife packs on the GTN. This is generally the best approach towards getting any items from any packs currently being sold.

Did original Nightlife packs also have full sets? Are these really the same packs, or are they repackaged packs that do actually give more?

BW skipped Nightlife in '16, and I wasn't big on the CM in '15, so I really don't remember what the original packs were like.

Did original Nightlife packs also have full sets? Are these really the same packs, or are they repackaged packs that do actually give more?

BW skipped Nightlife in '16, and I wasn't big on the CM in '15, so I really don't remember what the original packs were like.

I may be wrong, but I do not think these new packs are the same packs that surrounded the "nightlife" event.

I believe these are different packs that contain items from those two earlier nightlife packs, with the armors being full sets and not individual pieces or partial armor sets. There is no "original price" to compare with the current price.

I may be wrong, but I do not think these new packs are the same packs that surrounded the "nightlife" event.

I believe these are different packs that contain items from those two earlier nightlife packs, with the armors being full sets and not individual pieces or partial armor sets. There is no "original price" to compare with the current price.

You're right about it being a combination of the two original nightlife packs, but it has been available before and the price was 1000cc so 750 is a 25% discount.

Dulfy article from 2015

http://dulfy.net/2015/04/30/swtor-details-on-grand-nightlife-pack/