The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Hood "toggle" covert headgear

BattleAxMaeve

If some head gear can make hoods disappear, can't you create a covert head gear that does the same? Then, if a player wants to "raise" the hood, they need only click on "hide head gear", right?

Intuitively backwards, but perhaps a do-able way to accomplish what so many players want?

At the very least, please design more headbands that hide the hood for both Imp and Pub side.

I am tired of cursing hoods every time a new cartel pack comes out. And hearing so many other players doing the same. There is so much armour I'd love to buy except they have that Hood-That-Balds-You!

Shame about the f2p/preferred restriction on hide-head-slot, I guess.

Also, dig a bit on TOR-fashion, and you'll find a whole category full of hood-hiding headwear.

I didn't know that about the f2p restriction. I do feel for them, but, alas, have been unable to come up with a globally effective suggestion. Rather surprised I came up with this one.:o

Unfortunately, most of that headgear seems to be face-hiding as well. There's a simple headband on your Republic alts which transforms to something hideous on an Imp character. I couldn't find a headband that works on Imp side. If anyone knows of one, please share that knowledge with me!

Much appreciated.:D

If some head gear can make hoods disappear, can't you create a covert head gear that does the same? Then, if a player wants to "raise" the hood, they need only click on "hide head gear", right?

Intuitively backwards, but perhaps a do-able way to accomplish what so many players want?

At the very least, please design more headbands that hide the hood for both Imp and Pub side.

I am tired of cursing hoods every time a new cartel pack comes out. And hearing so many other players doing the same. There is so much Armour I'd love to buy except they have that Hood-That-Balds-You!

I agree with this as there are some Chest peaces with hoods that I have wanted the hoods down, maybe if there was a second Button bellow the hide headgear button that allowed you to raise or lower the hoods on the Armour, What do you think ??

I would like to support this all the way into the Game - :)

Sadly we have been requesting a way to ditch hoods since launch. (I think beta testers were campaigning for a toggle as well!) From what I understand, the developers have it stuck in their heads that anything short of a fancy animation of our characters raising and lowering a hood won't do, so they won't put in a simple solution to satisfy the masses that don't care about rp and just want to use expensive cartel chests on non-Togruta characters.

Sadly we have been requesting a way to ditch hoods since launch. (I think beta testers were campaigning for a toggle as well!) From what I understand, the developers have it stuck in their heads that anything short of a fancy animation of our characters raising and lowering a hood won't do, so they won't put in a simple solution to satisfy the masses that don't care about rp and just want to use expensive cartel chests on non-Togruta characters.

It does not Bother me if it is a fancy animation or the hood just drops and raise in an instant . Who's with me ?

• 5 months later...

Sadly, the option to visually remove the hood has indeed been something requested numerous times over the last 5 and a half years. Though I don't always read the suggestions, this may be the first time it actually suggests a potential mechanic that they could implement... The covert helmet.

Obviously, there are many ways to reach the same goal, but sometimes it takes a suggestion like this, that shows a possible way to do it that seems easy enough, to actually give them the edge of getting something done.

Keith, Eric. It would be awesome if you could forward this to the team to discuss. :jawa_cool:

This has been asked for more times than I can count. But since we know the devs are actually reading the forums again (and I'm not convinced they were being read very regularly before), in the interest of proving the point that this has been in demand for years and years, here are links to a bunch of previous threads requesting a Covert Energy headpiece that hides hoods. These are just ones that I could find on a search of covert/helmet/hood/invisible, and I'm sure there's likely more that didn't have as obvious subject lines.

December 2012

December 2012

February 2013

June 2013

June 2013

October 2013

April 2014

July 2014

April 2015

July 2015

September 2015

November 2015

May 2016

A Covert Energy helmet that hides hoods has long seemed, to me, the perfect, easy solution to the request for the hood toggle. Concerns have been raised in the past that they might not be implementing this because the "Hide Helmet" option is one of the game's more popular unlocks that F2P players purchase, but I think there are very easy solutions to this:

1. Make the Covert Energy headpiece a direct CM purchase only, and make it cost more than the Hide Helmet unlock.

2. The fact that it might be sellable on the GTN isn't going to make a single bit of difference, because we all know perfectly well that it will sell for far more than the 350k credit cap on F2P players. But if there is a truly desperate need to avoid it ever being within reach of the F2P player without a $ exchange, then make the item BOP upon purchase.

A Covert Energy headpiece for direct purchase as per the above would be nothing but profit for the game. Subs and F2P would both buy it direct, and I guarantee the vast majority of folks would also Collections unlock it. Profit twice over.

Devs! Please. For pity's sake. Please please please please please.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

It can be done program wise it's already in the game looking at you Togruta and you Omenbringer's Headgear. And not to forget the toggle button for it as well only the current one only refers to the actual head piece. So earlier mentioned suggestion of a 2nd button that hides hoods would solve every thing. No fancy animations needed just *pop* and it's off. As a Beta player I recognize the suggestions made on this during that time and I for one would really like to see these changes made.

Can we get a @staff here to look into this? These guys really are on to something easy to fix and greatly beneficial for personal immersion.

• 3 weeks later...