Galactic Command isn't that bad and i'm enjoying it

fushnchips

Getting those pieces wouldn;t be tied to where you're in the story line, would it? I don;t recall anyone mentioning that before.

No I don't think so, I pulled 4 tier one set pieces without ever running a single chapter. Somewhere in tier 2 i did the first 9 chapters and my luck does seems a little better now but I don't think it is related.

Edited by Kawiki

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind it, but I do mind not being able to get specific mods/enhancements/hilts/barrels that I actually want, along with the xtremely low CXP rate for sidequests, heroics, and vanilla story quests.

On it's own, it's a failed concept IMO, but with unassembled pieces/components it's a lot better. Hopefully with 5.1.2 there will be a decent increase in unassembled piece drops in warzones, atleast.

Edited by ZeroTypeR

Just got my second piece and it was on the same character.

Just realized something. I'm getting it on the character that's run the 2 Knights xpacs. Have yet to get any of the set pieces on a character that hasn't run the xpacs.

Getting those pieces wouldn;t be tied to where you're in the story line, would it? I don;t recall anyone mentioning that before.

edit: Data: Level 70 Jedi Sentinel Combat build. Command Rank 7. Gotten a [Eternal Commander MK-3 Vindicator's Belt] and a [Eternal Commander MK-3 Vindicator's Armguards] 230 purples.

Doubt it. Only my Shadow has done FE and ET and he's gotten mostly green 228's. My Sentinel started GC first and has a mix with mostly blue/orange 230's. My Merc started GC last and got a SB helmet on his first try, and a SB belt later on.

No I don't think so, I pulled 4 tier one set pieces without ever running a single chapter. Somewhere in tier 2 i did the first 9 chapters and my luck does seems a little better now but I don't think it is related.

Doubt it. Only my Shadow has done FE and ET and he's gotten mostly green 228's. My Sentinel started GC first and has a mix with mostly blue/orange 230's. My Merc started GC last and got a SB helmet on his first try, and a SB belt later on.

Thank you for the responses. It was just something I noticed.

Just realized something. I'm getting it on the character that's run the 2 Knights xpacs. Have yet to get any of the set pieces on a character that hasn't run the xpacs.

Shadow, haven't started KotFE, CR 23: two set pieces, two blue 230s

Guardian, KotFE & KotET done, CR 42: two set pieces, one non-set 230 purple, multiple blue 230s including mainhand

Commando, KotFE done, CR 93: five 230 set (+ at least two duplicates), three non-set 230 purples, one 234 relic

Edited by Halinalle

Like a few players in this game I gave up the daily grind ( at rank 45 ) but then they gave us the massive bonus boost and since then I have made it to max rank 300 and come away with at least 2 sets of full 240 and working on my 3rd also getting some nice legendary items.

So because you are extremely lucky with your drops all is well for everybody?

If I had a penny for every post where someone said all is fine because they are fine...

If I had a penny for every post where someone said all is fine because they are fine...

Yep... all these self-appointed defenders of EAWare are, at their core, simply selfish. THEY have the gear they want, so who cares if most other players don't, right? It's all about THEM.

It's disgusting, really. I can't take any of these white knights with the "**** you, got mine," mentality seriously anymore.

It's just not possible to get to rank 300 and claim that you only got two set pieces. It's just not possible.

It's not likely but it's definitely possible. I mean it's possible that someone would get none at all.

Edited by stoopicus

Let me guess, math was not a strong point during your education.

RNG is a hard concept for people to understand apparently. There is no guarentuee of anything and which is why we need specific loot drops back on all bosses and Massive increase in PvP comms. :rolleyes:

Edited by FerkWork

The bottom line is that someone high up, had a TERRIBLE idea that they forced on everyone else, and now they are defending it as long as they can so that person doesnt look so much like garbage.

THE PERSON WHO CONCEIVED CG. Your idea is Extreme hyperfail. Stop forcing yourself on us all and get rid of it.

300 ranks, no purple 230s, 234s and 240s. What is probability of that happening?

You said, "not possible." The fact that it actually is possible is enough to warrant torches and pitchforks from the villagers. [Edit] And I agree with them... who really wants to be that guy who gets absolutely nothing? Who wants to see their friend get absolutely nothing he wants and so quits the game over it? Who wants a system where the creators actually thought it was an acceptable idea that a player has the possibility of getting nothing he wants for the time he puts in?

Edited by Edyn

If I had a penny for every post where someone said everything is horrible because they had bad luck... hell, I'd even take all the pennies from posts where someone merely assumed they'd have bad luck and didn't even try.

It's just not possible to get to rank 300 and claim that you only got two set pieces. It's just not possible.

Actually, it's very possible, although probably not too likely.

Random probability is just that, random.

Unless you've seen the actual drop-tables and know something we don't? Do tell, if so.

Edited by midianlord

Yep... all these self-appointed defenders of EAWare are, at their core, simply selfish. THEY have the gear they want, so who cares if most other players don't, right? It's all about THEM.

It's disgusting, really. I can't take any of these white knights with the "**** you, got mine," mentality seriously anymore.

Since before launch, there has not been a demographic more inimical to the long-term health of this game and its community than the "defenders," "white knights," "BioDrones"...Call them what you will.

Naturally, the irony of this is lost on them.

Opened 4 crates at CR 106 and got 236 SA relic.

Since before launch, there has not been a demographic more inimical to the long-term health of this game and its community than the "defenders," "white knights," "BioDrones"...Call them what you will.

Let me guess, you're one of those "players" who claim the game is dead/dying.

Why do you even bother to log in if "the game is dead"?

Edited by Halinalle

Bioware jettisoned their truly devoted cash cows who defended the game (not Bioware) until 4.0 literally threw them out. They're the ones now protesting that the game be brought back to its roots.

What Bioware replaced them with are the inimicals that have the game in its current situation. Well, that and Bioware's narcissism. Other gaming communities who are watching all of this have to be laughing their asses off.

Edited by GalacticKegger

Bioware jettisoned their truly devoted cash cows who defended the game (not Bioware) until 4.0 literally threw them out. They're the ones now protesting that the game be brought back to its roots.

What Bioware replaced them with are the inimicals that have the game in its current situation. Well, that and Bioware's narcissism. Other gaming communities who are watching all of this have to be laughing their asses off.

More irony. But then, "BioWare" and "short-sighted" seem to go together an awful lot lately, don't they.

("Inimical" is not a noun, BTW...)