Did they do away with forum search?

clarkwgriswoldjr

Hi there,

Currently the forum search function is turned off while some maintenance is completed. The information regarding this was originally posted by Amber Green, here, on December 14th:

Hello everyone! For the next several days, we will be performing some back end maintenance on the Star Wars・ The Old Republic・Forums. During this time, you will be unable to use the search function for the Forums. However, there will be no other effects to you as a user, and you will be able to continue to message, post, reply, and report as normal.

We apologize for any inconvenience. When maintenance has been completed and searching is functional again we will post here, so please watch this thread for any updates or additional information.

We hope this answers your question! Updates will be viewable in the Developer Tracker as they become available.

thats all good but im not even allowed to click on

Find all posts by Max_Gambit

Find all threads started by Max_Gambit

if i do click them i get

Max_Gambit, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

kinda strange hehe

Hello everyone! For the next several days, we will be performing some back end maintenance on the Star Wars・ The Old Republic・Forums. During this time, you will be unable to use the search function for the Forums. However, there will be no other effects to you as a user, and you will be able to continue to message, post, reply, and report as normal.

We apologize for any inconvenience. When maintenance has been completed and searching is functional again we will post here, so please watch this thread for any updates or additional information.

I hope it's too many more batches of several days.

From what I remember, it didn't work all that well even when it was available.

It worked very well for the three three years I was on this forum and it needs to be re-instated ASAP, as its removal also makes you unable to track your own posts... which leads to threads dying fastly and people posting tons of same-topic threads. Which clutters up this forum even more.

I do not know but it makes it difficult to find any information. I am glad that I didn't spend the last 4 months here. I will just move to a fan-site that has a search function. looking like darthhater.com but taking suggestions also.

torhead.com is also a good site.

and ya the entire search has been disabled, you can't even search for your own posts to find threads you posted on yesterday.

Bad form bioware, you take the forum search offline right when the game launches so all the new players will be spamming with new threads cause they can't search for answers.

No offense but as other have stated, this is by far, the dumbest thing you could do before a launch. Now players like me who have technical questions, can't figure out whether their posts were answered in the Customer Service forum.

Where this launch fails isn't in the gameplay or even the bugs that permeate it, but the general lack of many key administrative features that players depend upon such as this.