A plea to the devs- new player initial ships

Verain

No, no. This is for soothing Verain for the loss of gunship exclusivity. It has to be pink, or perhaps a very light magenta or purple. Light red won't do at all.

Though I have to say it has been too long and I don't remember what the context of the thread was where Verain was endorsing the pink/purple color scheme in GSF. It may have been to do with the palette of colors for the cosmetic GSF components for each faction?

1. It's a Red vs. Blue reference.

2. The engine reactant is actually called light red.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

Right, but Ramalina is mentioning my penchant for demanding a pink/purple Republic coloring scheme, which would be totes perfect on a Clarion.

As far as prior subscriber rewards, it isn't worth discussing much: right now, there is an objective player power advantage granted to subscribers of that time. That is assuredly intended: it was advertised as such, and it has been live since GSF launch. I put out one idea to maintain that delta, assuming it was intended. But like I said in the other places, it doesn't matter if they keep it or not: I just figure that they would. Also note that the subscriber-only gunship paint job is available in grand galactic starfighter packs, and can be found on the GTN!

if ur that upset we can give you a broken cartel T1 GS that u can flaunt around with while accidentally shooting a hull target for 100 ion damage and seeing him limp away. then we'll see who's crying TBQH

I'll sometimes shoot a low power ion if I'm worried about landing the shot, especially if the target is probably low on boost and has full hull. I'd often rather fish for a peel effect that I could maybe turn into a kill, than put it all into one big slug and hope that the single roll of the dice turn up aces.

u need to be an expert to use the T2 GS properly so u should get even early subscriber to use noob ships just like yourself. never seen u use a T2 GS properly not even once TBH.

I did queue up with a Comet Breaker a few times back in the day in hopes of challenging you according to the traditional gunship of your people, but instead the matchmaker just gave us each separate groups of foodships to farm. Maybe one day, but no promises.

I know you're making fun of me but I'd actually use that.

~ Eudoxia

No, I'm on record as asking for a pink/purple Clarion as early as 2014:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=765064&page=4

(in my section complaining that the game is "so North Korea about everything"- interestingly, this is pretty much the only bullet point in anyone's suggestions that has had a change applied to it, in the form of increased access to cosmetic components)

And there's plenty of other places I've asked for it or mentioned it on the forums, or on chat. I really think it would be nice to have some more lively color combinations on Republic side, and at the very least some more bold options on Empire side.

Edited by Verain

Right, but look at how many players don't. Maybe they don't understand what a quest is. Maybe they don't understand what they SHOULD spend the money on. I keep seeing people with like, Starguard, Novadive, Pike. That guy is gonna have a much worse time than he should. If he instead had Starguard, Novadive, Quarrel, Rampart, Pike- he would have a lot more play choices, right?

It's fine to give a new player 5k fleet req. It's just a bit of a trap, to give a player who doesn't know his butt from an asteroid, exactly enough req to buy two specific ships, and he's wrong if he does anything else. If you start everyone with those ships, they'll have really about triple the possible play experiences out the gate, and whatever they spend the fleet req on won't be *wrong* in the same way that not buying the cheap ships is.

Basically: the game gives you two great ships for playing ONE game, right now. But TONS of players don't have those ships. Those players are not all literally on their first game. What they are is, confused about GSF.

Totally. In the past I've asked that the ability to convert fleet to ship should be locked until you've played several games or unlocked a few ships, and when it unlocks it should ideally let you know in words that fleet req is earned more slowly than ship req.

Anyway, the initial fleet req token is great. I don't want to see it go away. I made this thread to ask explicitly for a buff.