The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New mini map icons - once again, BW tries to "fix" something not broken

FourPawnBenoni

I thought I liked it at first, then I went into a raid. Soa for example, why is your character filtered to the bottom of the icons? You can't see which direction you're facing. I can see how this is an annoyance and a nightmare in pvp and other operations.

Had this same problem earlier today, had to actually open my map more than once to figure out what direction I was supposed to go. The way it is now, if you're in a group, the minimap is useless.

Edited by Airehn

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This big circles on the mini map are not only not useful they are rendering the mini map useless (as others have said before me).

In raids I need to see the enemies and myself first and the group members last.

This needs to be changed back asap!

Or even better give an option for the style. So the people who actually like this style can keep it.

Edited by Liilu

I do not understand why the change?

What was wrong with the mini map before they put in these purple circles?

A while back they changed the icons for other players in your group from a purple color to the same pale blue as the lines on the map. Which was a terrible idea, admittedly. It was harder to see where other players were at a glance on the map because the colors were the same. So now their solution is to keep the icons the same pale blue, but put a huge purple circle around them, with an opaque layer within the circle that blocks out all other items of interest on the map, which makes things worse.

I don't understand why they'd go to the trouble to code those circles instead of just changing the color of the icon for other players again--preferably to something like yellow or orange that would be easier to see for people with forms of color-blindness, as I've been told the shade of purple used before was just as bad for them as the blue was for everyone else.

Edited by AscendingSky

Please find the enemy for me https://gyazo.com/97907c59e8a610c2c482fd55edc3782e

Good intentions I'm sure, but poor implementation.

That's the story of BioWare Austin. There have been many great and fabulous ideas for SWTOR in the last five years. Almost every single one of them has been decimated to one extent or another by completely incompetent implementation.