Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

5 games in and I feel like quitting pvp

Aribethx

Recently returned to the game and I thought I'd pop in some pvp on my operative healer. unranked pvp solo queue on a 31 op.

5 games later I almost deleted the game.

My team was consistently disorganized, half of them went and hid in stealth and watched the rest of us get mowed down over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

The other teams must have been grouped. Different players each time, but I couldn't keep up with their damage output. 1.9m heals each game give or take and it was just so demoralizing to not be able to keep anyone alive or to even score 1 point or take 1 objective. Just utter and complete annihilation.

QQ moar yeah, but maybe the devs of this game should take a look at the quality of pvp in their game because I've never seen a mismatch so great before. 5 games in a row and I just felt utterly sick of playing. Is that a good recipe for success?

And for those of you who will inevitably demean me and laugh and whatever... that's fine. But one more person has left pvp. Soon you'll just be beating yourself.

Edited by Aribethx

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only 5 games ? on rep side I lost 20 matches from weekly.

I don't think the devs are responsible for the skill level of the players who que. nothing can be done about that unless you want to wait 30 mins between pops until both sides get the same ammount of heals tanks dps in the team, with the same gear level.

All they could do at the moment is remove this pay to win system.

You shouldn't make judgements based on 5 bad games.

Sounds like you got matched up with a set of serious bads on your team. Were they always the same guys? The other teams sound normal to me.

When that happens usually it's good to just take a short break and get out of the matchmaker cycle with the twits it was matching you up with.

It sucks when you're trying to win and then notice half your team is just standing around farming defender medals. It happens, but it isn't a typical case, unless you're WAY behind and people give up. You're seeing it more recently at 70 than before due to PvE scrubs farming PvP for CXP and components, though.

yeah but as an operative, you can single-handedly troll a node and prevent at least 5 people from capping it, for a very long time. if it's voidstar, can get be in two places at once, so can't stop em from planting that bomb all by your lonesome.

Imp side can get really tricky on weekends cause the bad are not in school and you might end up loosing 5 matches back-to-back.

I know its a loss when everyone heads to mid in Ancient hypergate.

It's amazing, isn't it.

Last Hypergates match I was in, three guys went for our pylon out the gate so I peeled off to mid and fought there until the orbs spawned, grabbed an orb, and ran back to our pylon.

Empty. No one there. All three guys ran to mid after capping it, no guards. No one else was running orbs either. Luckily the enemy was even more bad and never noticed. So, I guarded.

Sub 41 PVP has the biggest gap between players because of skills, defensives and actual abilities vary so significantly (a level 10 against a level 40 has no chance). This bracket also favors ranged classes so significantly over melee it's almost broken (some consider it's the same at 70 but anyway). Consider sub 41 PVP nothing more then a levelling tool as a break from questing. Edited by MuskyBoy

After I calmed down, I came back here expecting to get roasted.

I'm surprised at all the helpful hints and perspectives. Thank you all. I really appreciate it. I shouldn't have posted out of frustration, and I'm going to try to do what you all said.

Thanks. Really.

yeah but as an operative, you can single-handedly troll a node and prevent at least 5 people from capping it, for a very long time. if it's voidstar, can get be in two places at once, so can't stop em from planting that bomb all by your lonesome.

Imp side can get really tricky on weekends cause the bad are not in school and you might end up loosing 5 matches back-to-back.

You cannot easily stall 5 people on the off node unless they're terrible and you should never base performance around the assumption of other people being terrible. It's really hard to stall vs 2 good players and your comment suggests you have no clue what you're talking about, let alone be giving advice about it.

I am on the side of the OP

I try to play the PVP daily and weekly, LVL 70 pub from the REP side. I have OK gear but not the best.

After about 50 rounds the REPs win only about 20%.

Obviously you can sometimes just get on a bad pub team, but COME ON!!!

I see often when two or three Reps can't take down one I'mp.

A combination of two things are going on - HACKING and Overpowered Imp.

That's my PVP experience and it is not fun at all. The only reason I play PVP is for the rewards.

PVP NOT FUN!

I try to play the PVP daily and weekly, LVL 70 pub from the REP side. I have OK gear but not the best.

That's my PVP experience and it is not fun at all. The only reason I play PVP is for the rewards.

PVP NOT FUN!

Sounds like you should switch to Ebon Hawk

Edited by HelinCarnate

I stopped PVP overall, just play GSF now, where you still get ganked by premades since only a small hand of people play it, they mostly group up. Now that GSF gives 8 components for a win its even harder to win against the premades on TRE.

Anyway back to lowbie PVP, there is a big gap, mainly in the lowest tier. Most classes have their full rotation after level 32 so if you have lvl 15-20 ppl on your team you cant do much. Also these are mostly new players, of which the game has a lot not so you really have the work cut out for you!

PVP is frustrating in the game also cause of the premades. It sounds silly but people really do enjoy to group up and go do lowbies just to gank people!

I stopped PVP overall, just play GSF now, where you still get ganked by premades since only a small hand of people play it, they mostly group up. Now that GSF gives 8 components for a win its even harder to win against the premades on TRE.

Anyway back to lowbie PVP, there is a big gap, mainly in the lowest tier. Most classes have their full rotation after level 32 so if you have lvl 15-20 ppl on your team you cant do much. Also these are mostly new players, of which the game has a lot not so you really have the work cut out for you!

PVP is frustrating in the game also cause of the premades. It sounds silly but people really do enjoy to group up and go do lowbies just to gank people!

so much so that at level 69 they will start some new classes to do it all over again.

To the OP, i felt the same when i returned. Even worse cos i knew that empire tends to have the more "streamer pro" players. I was on ToFN from 2012 right up to around 2015 and i recognise some of the imp team who have moved over.

Can't really blame the FoTM players either. They have been through the rest of the content that much when leveling that PvP remains the only thing dynamic enough to hold enjoyment...especially for extended periods of time. What happens is that you end up farmed by 6 merc's for 10 mins. Nerfing and buffing shouldn't happen at the same time and we wouldn't end up with FoTM anyway...

Best thing to do? Just take lowbie for what it is and only worry about balance or classes being under or over powered once you get to 70.

PVP NOT FUN!

Well if the Imp is overpowered then around there someplace there should be an overpower pub since the classes are mirror's of one another.

The issue is, more than likely, the pub players simply not knowing how to play their toons and how to play against other classes.

OP, those are bots. Imp side has been especially plagued by them the last few weeks. There farming those easy creds. They almost always have "letter salad" names that are usually entirely consonants like "ffffklmmmmm" and so on.

I saw this today in Nova coast. A whole premade with letter salad and 1 letter different. They were on the republic side and we lost because of them.

The issue is, more than likely, the pub players simply not knowing how to play their toons and how to play against other classes.

Ah, the usual downplaying of the faction inbalance caused by the players.

Several people here exspülained how this faction inbalance came to be. It's easy to re-read, you could look into the PvP forum for this.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Recently returned to the game and I thought I'd pop in some pvp on my operative healer. unranked pvp solo queue on a 31 op.

5 games later I almost deleted the game.

My team was consistently disorganized, half of them went and hid in stealth and watched the rest of us get mowed down over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

The other teams must have been grouped. Different players each time, but I couldn't keep up with their damage output. 1.9m heals each game give or take and it was just so demoralizing to not be able to keep anyone alive or to even score 1 point or take 1 objective. Just utter and complete annihilation.

QQ moar yeah, but maybe the devs of this game should take a look at the quality of pvp in their game because I've never seen a mismatch so great before. 5 games in a row and I just felt utterly sick of playing. Is that a good recipe for success?

And for those of you who will inevitably demean me and laugh and whatever... that's fine. But one more person has left pvp. Soon you'll just be beating yourself.

I'm more surprised it took 5 games :D. The devs in this game clearly have no regard for PvP whatsoever. Many ignorant people will argue different but you need only look at the facts. My sub ends in 5 days and I can give a flying _____ about this 2xp bs they just implemented in order to encourage people to level alts but at the same time with the asinine RNG system in place, alts are a waste. Especially from a PvP standpoint. I don't think even after all the transfers to Harbringer I have seen it reach standard population except for maybe an hour or so. PvP queues have gotten longer since the new bolster bullsh*t in 5.1 (at level 70). If this was truly a free to play game I might hop on once in a while for kicks and giggles, but it is definitely not worth 15/mo. Bioware has long abandoned the PvP community, refusing to listen feedback.

Edited by JudgeNot

Ah, the usual downplaying of the faction inbalance caused by the players.

Several people here exspülained how this faction inbalance came to be. It's easy to re-read, you could look into the PvP forum for this.

Exactly, people sheeped over to IMP because of a few bad matches, then more sheeped, and more sheeped, and pretty soon you had sheep city. People are allergic to a chellenge now a days. Hence the massive amount of FOTM players in this game since day 1.

Exactly, people sheeped over to IMP because of a few bad matches, then more sheeped, and more sheeped, and pretty soon you had sheep city. People are allergic to a chellenge now a days. Hence the massive amount of FOTM players in this game since day 1.

I blame the parenting. A lot of them are probably millennials who were always told they were going to be very special. When they didn't become the new CEO of Apple Inc. at 20 years old (but in fact still live at home) they took to the internet to show their dominance.

Nothing screams success more than spending 24/7 on an MMO and stomping "bads", roll in a pre-made and tell anyone who isn't to "get gud". You won't find these "PvP players" dueling or theorycrafting...they are too busy creating over-produced youtube video's with emo music that really do nothing but to show the power of VOIP communication and how handy a pocket sorc healer is on hypergates.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them standing around fleet chanting "#HesNotMyEmperor" and calling anyone who doesn't like watching a premade go 6-0 in huttball within 2mins a racist.

So yeah, personally, i stick with Republic because of values. Giving up is not the answer, go against the grain, resiliency is key, you don't have to beat them...just fight them and never back down.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.