Light Alignment Tier reset from V to 0!!

Savyl

Was just finally enjoying my new Righteous Mystic's Sabers when I got hit by this damn bug again because i forgot logging out in Section X with that quest does this. Took me the entire WEEK to grind my rep back due to limited playing time.

When the heck is this finally going to get freaking fixed???

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just replying to say that this just happened to me. I thought it was because of the United Forces update, but now that I'm reading this thread, it wasn't. Today I was on my Jedi Shadow Main who is 100% pure Light Side Rank V and doing the dailies on Section X. I had logged out in the middle of doing dailies with that one bonus active. I didn't notice the reset until I was doing Ziost and I got the pop up saying I was attuned to the Light Side of the Force and achieved Light I.

I sent in a support ticket and I got a reply saying:

"Thank you for contacting Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Support.

We wanted to let you know that we identified the problem you ran into as a bug. We’ll fix it in a future game update.

Keep an eye on http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes for details on bug fixes included in each game update."

So no help from Customer Support and no idea when it is going to be fixed. This whole thing is so frustrating. I'm surprised they let this bug go for so long.

Just replying to say that this just happened to me. I thought it was because of the United Forces update, but now that I'm reading this thread, it wasn't. Today I was on my Jedi Shadow Main who is 100% pure Light Side Rank V and doing the dailies on Section X. I had logged out in the middle of doing dailies with that one bonus active. I didn't notice the reset until I was doing Ziost and I got the pop up saying I was attuned to the Light Side of the Force and achieved Light I.

I sent in a support ticket and I got a reply saying:

"Thank you for contacting Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Support.

We wanted to let you know that we identified the problem you ran into as a bug. We’ll fix it in a future game update.

Keep an eye on http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes for details on bug fixes included in each game update."

So no help from Customer Support and no idea when it is going to be fixed. This whole thing is so frustrating. I'm surprised they let this bug go for so long.

Same thing happened to me earlier, and on Section X too. Shortly after wrapping up [DAILY] Imminent Threat I noticed that the bonus mission for [DAILY] The Dread Guard was active and on stage 2 for some reason (could it have anything to do with the fact I've done it before in the past) and I noticed that me and my companion no longer met the requirements for any of our light side token equipment, so when I checked my alignment I saw it was down to the 300s when it was previously maxed out. At this point I don't feel like I should even bother wasting my time trying to find the words for this to sent in a ticket when the only response I'll probably end up getting is "The Template".

At least for me, this game has been REALLY glitching out these past few days . According to SWTOR Calendar, Rakghoul Resurgence: Tatooine was supposed to have begun this week but it doesn't seem to have started; if it ended up getting cancelled I can see why. Sorry for being so irritable and for going a little off topic here.

Has anyone else had more toon's alignment reset recently?

I went from Light V to II on one of my mains in September (possibly due to the Section X bug).

My other main has just been reset from Light V to Light II within the last few days. Unfortunately I do not know what may have caused this, or exactly when it occurred - all that I know is that I have not done Section X on this toon recently.

Anyone else experiencing a recent reset? It's frustrating to have had both my mains lose their alignment...

Has anyone else had more toon's alignment reset recently?

I went from Light V to II on one of my mains in September (possibly due to the Section X bug).

My other main has just been reset from Light V to Light II within the last few days. Unfortunately I do not know what may have caused this, or exactly when it occurred - all that I know is that I have not done Section X on this toon recently.

Anyone else experiencing a recent reset? It's frustrating to have had both my mains lose their alignment...

I haven't had a problem with it since I stopped going to Section X. It seems there is a bug in one of the dailies that if you leave the planet with it open or even just log out in Section X, there is a high probability that you alignment will get reset.

• 2 weeks later...
Haven't played my Jedi Knight in a while and I see this has happened to me too on that character....was always light aligned since levelled years ago - never toggled it off. Will write a ticket and see what happens - only noticed it cos my companion had a light aligned duelsaber which was flashing up and not working correctly.:(

• 3 months later...
Just happened to me today. I did section X earlier with a guildie and didn't even notice it, but now a few hours later I went to equip a piece of Light 3 gear and couldn't. I know it was ok this afternoon because I equipped a piece of Light 5 gear just fine... Sent in a support ticket, but this is ridiculous.

—------+++++)(!%"$/%#%_43/__

I'm litrally tpo mad to type right now. Got me with this today.....again.

It's a bummer, man, and there's nothing they can do to fix it for you. You just have to re-grind the alignment. That's not hard to do nowadays - it took me 2-3 days. But I sympathize with you. It was frustrating for me too.

I wonder what causes this? I run Sec x all the time on most of my toons from both sides and this never happens to me.

I contacted support via in game system after it happened to me and they confirmed it happened when I completed the bonus republic Section X quest Ancient Prison Suppression. Though the bug did not happen to my guildie who I was teamed with at the time and we both completed the quest. It also hasn't happened to me before on that quest so it appears to have an amount of randomness attached to it.

Though the fact they looked at my character file and confirmed when and where it happened does confirm that the quest is the issue so they told me to file an in game bug report about it and avoid that mission until I see it's been fixed in the patch notes... In other words, never do that mission again for as long as the game is still online because it'll probably never get fixed. CS also did not restore my alignment so I've now got to slog my way back up to light 5.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
CS also did not restore my alignment so I've now got to slog my way back up to light 5.
Same happened to me 3 weeks back as well, and most annoying part is that my char wore a light IV armor, so basically I needed to buy a new set, rip all mods out and plug them into the new one, cost me quite a lot. :( Known bug for ages, nightmare for roleplayers, annoyance for everyone else - no action taken, no support.

• 1 month later...

Amateur hour.. Seriously.

It's just a series of numbers you people can't reset for us?

Jesus. Bioware, you're inept.There is literally no reason why you cannot reset alignments for us. We have the achievements, we have the titles, we have everything that shows we attained our rank V alignment, and yet we suddenly went from 100000 to 0 in a single mission?

Really gets your mental gears turning doesn't it? Real metaphysical territory we're getting into.

Christ.

Wow, I can't believe it's been a whole year since I posted in this thread, and it began 6 months before that, and the issue still isn't fixed.

People say you can grind it using Diplomacy easy, but that is not really acceptable, especially to those who did not have diplomacy maxxed out to begin with.

As if the developers can't simply create a bound token worth "x" amount of light side points to give to those who are affected until the problem is addressed.

This is a huge problem if your gear is light side dependant (like my saber was at the time) since I had to pull all my mods and reaugment some other random saber until I could get back to Light V.

A sure way to reproduce this bug is to get the staged "Ancient Prison Suppression" mission, and then port to your stronghold. The mission will automatically jump to the next stage and your alignment will be reset to 0.

I may or may not have exploited this bug for intentional alignment resets :rolleyes:

To avoid the bug, don't skip any stages of that quest and do it in one go. Don't log out or leave the planet or even just the quest area until you finished the final stage.

The similar staged quest on the imp side is bugged as well, but while the imp quest will automatically start on the final stage, the republic quest starts on the first stage without you picking up one of the quest items, and then automatically starts the next stage when you leave the quest-area without having any of the quest items. Somehow this causes an alignment reset.

Edited by Mubrak

Not personally affected by this bug but it's kind of absurd that it's still around after so long. I understand the game has a skeleton crew running it now and may as well be in maintenance mode, but this has been around for years now. Not a good look for people wanting to try the game and stumbling onto threads like these.

My JK had this happen some time ago, while he had been in Sec. X he was completely done with the weeklies went to his SH, then started another planet's weeklies. Only got the reset when I logged him back in the next day.

It's annoying, no CS doesn't help at all and there's never been a bug fix. Yet another bug that's left to fester.