Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Foundry Master mode for HK Part is ridiculous

Even if you do run it in master mode, you only really need 228 gear - which you can easily get crafted or with credits off the vendor.

This is one of the few requirements in the game that I have no issue with, especailly since its been like this since that mission went live.

Edited by NikSunrider

Okay if the names has only changed and story tactical vet is hard mode mastery is oh my god you c are killing me. The hi part level for foundry against revan is hard mode not oh my god mastery. The false emperor is mastery. However I have gotten the hi 51 items and I don't vet or mastery I did it by solo.

Complete foundry and get the hk51 from the jar at the end, it's not loot and don't try and get it a out of order or be when not on mission. You can't sell it it's bound and legacy bound. False emperor is where you fight hk droid again and beat him you get his head there then you go threaten the idiot.

Edited by WilliamBeckket
Spelling error bane is name

Okay if the names has only changed and story tactical vet is hard mode mastery is oh my god you c are killing me. The hi part level for foundry against revan is hard mode not oh my god mastery. The false emperor is mastery. However I have gotten the hi 51 items and I don't vet or mastery I did it by solo.

Complete foundry and get the hk51 from the jar at the end, it's not loot and don't try and get it a out of order or be when not on mission. You can't sell it it's bound and legacy bound. False emperor is where you fight hk droid again and beat him you get his head there then you go threaten the idiot.

Dude, calm down.

OP: Do the flashpoints on "Story" mode (previously known as "Solo"), with you, your companion, and the Jesus Droid. This is all that's needed. You do not need to be level 70. You do not need a rank 50 companion. You do not need to grind GC for weeks to get supermax gear.

Well. That's how it worked for me during the DvL event in the run-up to 5.0. (In three years of playing the game, I hadn't done this. I put in the time, and scoured the net for answers on just this point, and found that indeed, solo mode is enough.)

It used to be hard task to get HK. And it was fine, HK is so unique companion, you should have to do work to get it. Now, you just need time. Do not know if planet scanning is still involved(imo it was hardest part). Now its just time consuming, nothing more. And you have to do it once. After that, you can unlock it through legacy for all characters. Faile to see problem here.

Does the hk mission have to be active to get the part? Or can you run the fp on another toon and mail the part to the toon with the active mission?

Yes, the mission must be active on the character in order to get the part from the flashpoints. The only parts that can be obtained without having the mission are the ones from Outlaw's Den, Coruscant, and Dromund Kaas (and they're also the only parts you can send to another member of your legacy).

Also, just to clarify for anyone new to this discussion who may have missed the other posts - since 4.0 the parts can be obtained by running the flashpoints in any mode, but the mission log has never been updated so it still says it requires Hard Mode.

I helped a friend go through the Foundry last night to get the final piece of the puzzle for him. Having read this forum I wasn't worried about it so we did it on Veteran mode not master. Figured we didn't need the droids two level 70's with companions to do an obsolete flashpoint. Well in the end Revan was a little buggy at the end our companions completely disappeared not got killed mind you but just up and dismissed themselves during the fight. We still prevailed but the loyalty chip did not drop for him. Edited by Taythan

The HK part doesn't drop, it sits on a ledge if the HK mission is active.

I can confirm that you can get the HK part in Story/Solo mode in 5.1 (i did it yesterday)

It does NOT drop, it is like Eiter said. It looks like a small holoterminal. The part actually shows on the minimap from the start once you are in the foundry (you need to do it with the toon that has the HK mission active).

Just an FYI.

Vet mode may be buggy. Me and the wife ran foundry in Vet for the part and no joy .. was'ent there. The quest tracker indicated that it was on the console however it was missing.

Left and immediately ran it again in story, took all of 10mins to blast through, and the part was there as indicated. Sooooo tldr : run it in story.

• 2 months later...
Just an FYI.

Vet mode may be buggy. Me and the wife ran foundry in Vet for the part and no joy .. was'ent there. The quest tracker indicated that it was on the console however it was missing.

Left and immediately ran it again in story, took all of 10mins to blast through, and the part was there as indicated. Sooooo tldr : run it in story.

just to confirm: just did this on Vet mode with HK component mission and the dot on the map does show up but no part.

So... you still need to do SOLO or HM. :)

yeah yeah thread necro. whatever.

Edited by Zerileth

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.