The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pub side on TRE?

Bobombo

so i want to start to play on the server the red eclipse and i'm not sure if i can join the pub side for pvp. will we get stomped like 75% of the games? or is it balanced on this server? i like to play pvp and mostly the empire dominates in pvp and i'm afraid to join the republic side cause of that fact.

I am facing the same issue, I have been going through the grind of trying to gear up and have probably spent over 40hrs on PVP as republic in the past 5 days. I would put the imperial win rate at over 80%, the last two games I gave just finished had 153 and 154 kills for the imps and 20 and 0 for the Republic.

I have managed to get to commend rank 92 but yet still short of 5 pieces of tier, 1 gear I still need another 520 unassembled component pieces to just complete tier 1. That is, at the current rate of wins, around another 170 PvP games

Yes, with me the same. Battelgrounds about 25% win, the unrated arenas about 35%, a total of 30%. Which are then 2000 matches to BIS tier 3 Gear for a single toon. I have given up and only play gsf, there is my win% at 70%. Edited by Magira

As it was said numerous times here it really depends on the time of the day. Yes, you will win more on Imp side but not 75% or more unless you run a good organized group in regs . I’d say it’s like 40 to 60 in Imp’s favour. Most pvpers play both factions. My yesterday’s 4,5 hours were like 3 straight wins against Imps, then 6 loses to Republic when I hopped to Imp side, and then a very sweet close Huttball game where we won by keeping the ball on last seconds (2:2) vs the same Reps that were spanking us earlier. These were 70ies. I’ve played my lvl 66 Engi Sniper a bit and, yeah, mid Reps were god awful yesterday.

For level 70 pvp, solo queueing:

I think most people fail to notice when talking about the increasingly awful imbalance is that most imp battles are against other imps. I agree, if you are one of the 6 people in the universe that can play during a weird time you can get a little better win rate as pub, but most often you win about 5% as pub in general if you take out the new war type from consideration.

When I play pubs, I always face imps, 5% win. When I do play imps I always face imps: 45% win (not 50% because premades throw it off). If you roll a skilled premade goes up to about 90%. Numbers were much better on 4.0, still bad but not nearly that bad.

The problem is, 5.0 killed 70 pvp for pubs. Pubs do not hardly queue anymore, and it will only get worse as the imps keep gearing to full T3. I think its too late for them to fix now anyhow, wait for 6.0 to pvp on pubs again.

so i want to start to play on the server the red eclipse and i'm not sure if i can join the pub side for pvp. will we get stomped like 75% of the games? or is it balanced on this server? i like to play pvp and mostly the empire dominates in pvp and i'm afraid to join the republic side cause of that fact.

If people constantly go to Imp side because they are terrified of a challenge then of course we will have a lot less good players. I -only- play pub. Working on gearing my Assault ( or wahtever its called now ) and healer commando and tank / plasmatech VG. Not at 70 yet, but I still have my 208 set gear and am just replacing the mods and enhancements until i can afford the new pvp gear.

Edited by mmmbuddah

Pub side has many decent players on TRE. Most dont play that often anymore. We avarage over 80 % win rate against Imps unless playing with new players or othere ppl on our team are very inexperianced. Only play in premade tho, solo quing is nightmare. Solo rank can be really good or just need to be avoided when you see not skilled players in queue.

Stick to rep side mate, Winning is more fun and challenging :)

Just done my daily grind on TRE as pub, 20 PvP's matches,against imps, 19 so thrashed average kill 160 Imps 10 reps, team had no chance at all, this has been over a six hour period, this is the same day after day,. I am loosing the will to play

Just done my daily grind on TRE as pub, 20 PvP's matches,against imps, 19 so thrashed average kill 160 Imps 10 reps, team had no chance at all, this has been over a six hour period, this is the same day after day,. I am loosing the will to play

This isn't a recent problem. This is something that has gone on for a while, people slowly started to go imp because they had lost a few matches, and then it started to snowball. Now people sheep over to imp the second they have a few bad matches :/.

Imp side PVP on Red Eclipse isn't that much better either. On imp you get annoying imp vs imp matches where you have to be lucky to get in the right team becasue usually one team has 2,3 healers, and the other has ZERO. And it can be very very frustrating considering that not only you get nuked fast. your team starts to ragequit and imp teams are usually a mix of merc and sniper and operative squads.

It's true that rep side might be weaker because it has smaller playerbase but still, wins feel a lot better on rep. My win/lose ratio isn't that much better on imp.

And as somebody said earlier, it depends a lot on the time of day.