Dot

Kazz_Devlin

You are a melee class. If you want dots you either respec Hatred or go play a Sorc.

We had crushing darkness before and we were melee class. It was one tool used on snipers now removed, it just makes our jobs that much harder!

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

You are a bit lost are you not my friend? Assassin still has DoT spec.

Check this chart or whatever you call it to see which classes spec is for what (DoT, burst,etc) Its quite accurate:

http://i.imgur.com/7BC9B33.png

He's not lost, he's making a case for Deception to have a dot, just like Concealment (Operatives burst spec, their dot spec is lethality) has.

He's not lost, he's making a case for Deception to have a dot, just like Concealment (Operatives burst spec, their dot spec is lethality) has.

Yeah, But Conc needs this dot for sustained damage. Deception doesn't.

It never even was part of the rotation. It was used as a burst combo in PvP and that's it.

Years ago we've commented on here that they could add a short dot after using maul/shadow strike. I'm still up for it :D.

Though the current problem is Infiltration/Deception is better than Serenity/Hated in both burst and sustained.

Also, nobody cares since PvE is dead. no kappa

Edited by invertioN

Yea concealment needs dot for dmg as one of its passive triggers only when there is one. I know backstab puts small dot but you cant relay on it always. Also assassins / shadows DoT was not really standard DoT that lasts for like 18 seconds. It was not instant and delt dmg upfront with SHORT duration DoT. Deception never needed that thing. It was just leftover that players used in very rare situations.

On other side we shadows / sins still have DoT spec

Years ago we've commented on here that they could add a short dot after using maul/shadow strike. I'm still up for it :D.

Though the current problem is Infiltration/Deception is better than Serenity/Hated in both burst and sustained.

Also, nobody cares since PvE is dead. no kappa

I would not mind DoT like that for infiltration / deception if it actually fitted in rotation or gameplay of spec like operatives DoT does.

But in the end I don't actually care. Play style for both specs fits very well. We have burst spec that is all about hard hits and we have quite fun 3 DoT spec with fluff heals. Only things that needs to be looked at is survivability / dmg for both specs. If it is good or not. You get my point.

Oh hell no. Just logged in game and realized that i don't want any long dots and especially not some that trigger randomly from attack. Low Slash is incap for 4 sec so yea NO thanks for DoT spell. Edited by Zenislav

Oh hell no. Just logged in game and realized that i don't want any long dots and especially not some that trigger randomly from attack. Low Slash is incap for 4 sec so yea NO thanks for DoT spell.

good point it would suck for pvp

but it's also not so bad because we are talking about a short dot (4.5-6s = 2-3 gcd after maul). It just means you have to be mindful of what you are doing.

I'm not trying to argue for a dot. just some thoughts. It can suck in some cases.

Edited by invertioN

good point it would suck for pvp

but it's also not so bad because we are talking about a short dot (4.5-6s = 2-3 gcd after maul). It just means you have to be mindful of what you are doing.

I'm not trying to argue for a dot. just some thoughts. It can suck in some cases.

Yeah i'm not saying we need dot though other classes have bleeds and fire and poison and when fighting snipers it would actually be useful if we could land some dots and LOS seeing as its a huge pain to deal with snipers as is. Before I could low slash cast crushing darkness kite LOS and slowly burn them down.

We don't need anything in Deception. Literally nothing. Spec is absolutely lovely as it is.

The only thing bioware could do is globally nerf healing. Because it's dumb.

an ability that slowed turning so we could get behind mara's and jug's and not be forced to face tank?