Unassembled Components grind per hour/hours

MakArdross

Just doing some numbers and it was simple to figure out that your gearing plan needs to be fixed. Of course you're tired of hearing this, and if you're dreading to read this, then why haven't you already change the system after being constantly criticized?

Warzones

Unassembled component grind per hour:

On average 4 Warzones per hour

Most components gained - 20

Least components gained - 8

Average components gained - 14

Unassembled component grind for 5 hours:

On average 20 Warzones in 5 hours

Most components gained - 100

Least components gained - 40

Average components gained - 70

GSF

On average 3 GSF per hour

Most components gained - 24

Least components gained - 9

Average components gained - 14 or 19

On average 15 GSF in 5 hours

Most components gained - 120

Least components gained - 45

Average components gained - 85

Ranked Warzones

Does this even pop anymore? jk, it didn't pop frequent enough to give a serious number crunch. During prime hours this "could" (key word there) have similar GSF averages as the reward is the same.

After 5 hours of the pvp grind, we can barely buy a tier 1 piece of gear. I feel very rewarded after that. Thank you. This was your intent right? To have a rewarded feeling? Well I hope you can feel my sarcasm.

Just doing some numbers and it was simple to figure out that your gearing plan needs to be fixed. Of course you're tired of hearing this, and if you're dreading to read this, then why haven't you already change the system after being constantly criticized?

Warzones

On average 4 Warzones per hour

Most components gained - 20

Least components gained - 8

Average components gained - 14

On average 20 Warzones in 5 hours

Most components gained - 100

Least components gained - 40

Average components gained - 70

GSF

On average 3 GSF per hour

Most components gained - 24

Least components gained - 9

Average components gained - 14 or 19

On average 15 GSF in 5 hours

Most components gained - 120

Least components gained - 45

Average components gained - 85

Ranked Warzones

Does this even pop anymore? jk, it didn't pop frequent enough to give a serious number crunch. During prime hours this "could" (key word there) have similar GSF averages as the reward is the same.

After 5 hours of the pvp grind, we can barely buy a tier 1 piece of gear. I feel very rewarded after that. Thank you. This was your intent right? To have a rewarded feeling? Well I hope you can feel my sarcasm.

They need these returns to be between 8-12 times quicker. I have 50 characters since the DvsL event so I prefer the 12x. But honestly speaking they need to at a very very bare minimum at least raise it to 8x. At a bare minimum.

I have said it several times in other posts. This does NOT need a tweak. It needs a full sledge hammer swing to get it where people will be happy and hopefully my friends will come back and start playing again. Anything less that 8x will on instigate more backlash and make this more toxic than it already is.

8x, LOL please no. The values are fine as it is for GSF and just need a slight buff for PvP, it's meant to be a slower alternative to Operations not a replacement.

at the moment pve is much faster source for gearing up,especially if you run with your guilds which are not ninja looting,not failing,and share out all the pieces so everyone gets something. Devs made a stupid moove and made pvp and pve gearing up disbalanced...

at the moment pve is much faster source for gearing up,especially if you run with your guilds which are not ninja looting,not failing,and share out all the pieces so everyone gets something. Devs made a stupid moove and made pvp and pve gearing up disbalanced...

I got my only two 242 pieces from PvP.

How about playing the game for fun, and get gear as a side benefit? That's why most people enjoy the new system. Only forum warriors with their calculators are trying to decipher CXP/hour and components/hour. You guys really need to relax and enjoy the game like everyone else.

How about playing the game for fun, and get gear as a side benefit? That's why most people enjoy the new system. Only forum warriors with their calculators are trying to decipher CXP/hour and components/hour. You guys really need to relax and enjoy the game like everyone else.

Yeah, tell that to the people who said they quit after 5.0 dropped! Like this person here...

I unsubbed, but my subscription doesn't end for quite a while as I renewed it just prior to 5.0. After realizing just how bad it was for my alts and terrible command crates, I unsubbed and deleted my payment information.

Oh well.

...OH WAIT, THAT'S YOU!!

Care to explain, hypocrite? Why aren't you playing the game for fun and just getting gear as a side benefit, to use your own words against you? Why aren't you just relaxing and enjoying the game like your alleged 'everyone else'--as I assume you wouldn't have unsubscribed if you were still enjoying the game? Inquiring minds want to know. :rak_03:

Edited by AscendingSky

Yeah, tell that to the people who said they quit after 5.0 dropped! Like this person here...

...OH WAIT, THAT'S YOU!!

Care to explain, hypocrite? Why aren't you playing the game for fun and just getting gear as a side benefit, to use your own words against you? Why aren't you just relaxing and enjoying the game like your alleged 'everyone else'--as I assume you wouldn't have unsubscribed if you were still enjoying the game? Inquiring minds want to know. :rak_03:

''Tis the case of irony.

Edited by FerkWork

Yeah, relax, gear is not important in a mmo, it's just a "side benefit". People enjoy that new system SO MUCH that dev's have to modify it, and they know that they still have to modify it (as said in last livestream).

Sure, it's a complete succes, and dev's are not completely changing the game direction since their last failures, that's propaganda :rolleyes:

Just keep subbing forever and maybe someday you'll get gear, if you have a lot of alts, just keep subbing for life and enjoy. :D

Seriously, you're a fan of that "alternative facts" thing ? Reality don't please you, so you invent a new one ? Cute. :p

everybody can cryout here if they want, even if they dont have a sub. ,

they can come her to complain every 1 1/2 month after using a ref link like i did ^^

why should i sub for the "needle in a haystack" content :rolleyes:

while other games are getting bigger and bigger, and €A have decided not to support their own game.:cool:

remember when eric said u get every hour a box. that was back then wen CXP cap was 100 and not nerfed till death :o

this component hunting is only another control function to slow down the pace. but hey if u only have 4 chars this would be ok. but this game lives from diversity, as stated out last year with DvL. ... oh wait...5.0 was another trap and a 180degree turn.:p

Edited by ShinDoRai

but hey if u only have 4 chars this would be ok. but this game lives from diversity, as stated out last year with DvL. ... oh wait...5.0 was another trap and a 180degree turn.:p

True. DvL event clearly incited a lot of people to create even MORE alts. And just after that, a completely alt-unfriendly system. Dev's will never answer about it, but I'd love to see them trying to justify such stupidity. :p

Edited by RswanBing

I have to admit that sounds about right, and what makes it worse is the crap you have to put up with. If your not in a guild that does active gearing runs or competing in ranked pvp, your probably looking at a lot of time to gear just one toon.

Which means you hopefully get that lucky high roll on a pugged operation group or instead you can grind like crazy through reg pvp. All the while dealing with the ***-hats that have always been there, unfortunately now you have to put up with them instead switching to something else in game.

Why because to be semi-competitive for reg pvp or whatever facet of the game that requires at least decent gear, means you have to follow this new or should say old school Battlemaster and War-hero gearing grind. :(

8x, LOL please no. The values are fine as it is for GSF and just need a slight buff for PvP, it's meant to be a slower alternative to Operations not a replacement.

Since the same gear is now used for PvP and PvE, the time put in to acquire pieces should be equal. PvP shouldn't be a slower grind.

High effort activities shouldn't reward the same as low effort activities.

So you're saying that PvP should payout more than PvE.....right?

Because PvE takes much less effort that PvP. Or is this that old tired thing where people who do Ops seem to think they are better than everyone else and should be rewarded for it.

Because PvE takes much less effort that PvP. Or is this that old tired thing where people who do Ops seem to think they are better than everyone else and should be rewarded for it.

You really think it takes more time and effort to queue for PvP than to do NiM ops? lol...

The whole thing should be much less effort period. They need to raise the returns across the board 8-12 times what it is now.

FYI I have 50 characters now since the DvsL event. You honestly believe the current system is even remotely reasonable for THIS game? I don't care if other MMOs have a grind for gear. I wouldn't care if they all did. This game allows 52 characters PER SERVER and with this type of game mechanic the gear grind should be very quick. This system is toxic for this game. Maybe other games it works good, but this game it is cancer as everyone has seen since it went live.

You really think it takes more time and effort to queue for PvP than to do NiM ops? lol...

Players are not being rewarded for queuing and shouldn't be. Nor is the act of queuing difficult.

Getting a Ops group together and all in one place may be difficult if the group has members that don't show, are late or whatever. But, CXP isn't rewarded for non game play. The point I was making is that any game play could be considered difficult from the perspective player. I personally consider PvP to be more difficult than all of PvE. Not that Ops cant be tiresome and a challenge.

Everyone who plays the game should be able to get gear if the gear is universal as it is now. Nothing should be put behind an elitist wall just to make a small group feel special. Whether they are PvPers, Ops players or....RPers.

If the current system for gearing continues I shall be playing another game. I will not play and pay for a year just to gear up.

Players are not being rewarded for queuing and shouldn't be. Nor is the act of queuing difficult.

Getting a Ops group together and all in one place may be difficult if the group has members that don't show, are late or whatever. But, CXP isn't rewarded for non game play. The point I was making is that any game play could be considered difficult from the perspective player. I personally consider PvP to be more difficult than all of PvE. Not that Ops cant be tiresome and a challenge.

You don't get it... Why would someone make the effort to study, organize, schedule and practice a challenging group activity when they could just click the queue button and get the same rewards? Does PvP have a higher skill ceiling? Sure. Does skill determine the rewards you get in PvP? Not really, you can be utter trash and still get carried.

Edited by Eli_Porter

Back when we had warzone comms, you could get at most 140 comms for a win and 90 comms for a loss. So a loss would yield around 64% of a win. Now a loss will yield 2 / 5 = 40%. Changing it to 3 Unassembled Components for a loss would make more sense to me.

I think they should increase the rewards to something like 25 UCs for a win, 15 UCs for a loss. Keep the prices of the gear the same. This would still be a slower grind than it was from 3.3 to 5.0, but it would be much more tolerable.

Using a chest piece for example, that would be:

Chest – 100/150/225

which would mean an average of 5 warzones (50% win percentage) for a Tier 1 chest piece, about 8 + 5 WZ for Tier 2, and about 8 + 5 + 12 WZ for a Tier 3 chest piece. That would mean that you could go from nothing to a tier 3 chest piece in around 6-7 hours of warzones (assuming 4 per hour). That would seem reasonable to me.

Since PVE gear and PVP gear are now all one in the same....ok, I guess I could understand them wanting the top tier (Tier 3) to be harder to get. But I see no reason why the Tier1 and Tier2 stuff should be so hard to get. Sure, at a certain point it would be easier to run warzones and get PVE gear than it would to run hard mode operations (especially with how only the last boss drops gear now...the earlier bosses have a pretty small drop chance in my experience). You have to run about three operations to get a piece for each of your 8 man team now. That is several hours of play for one piece. Compare with the current PVP gearing (about 7 hours for one Tier 1 piece!!!!).

Anyway, BioWare chose to make this mess when they completely ripped up the (not broken) pvp gearing system. They violated the old axiom of "if it aint broke, don't fix it!" Keep pvp and pve gearing separate and this problem goes away. Then you can keep GC gearing for solo players, adjust drops from operations, and have pvp gear be easy to aquire (making pvp more about skill than gearing). Fixed.

Back when we had warzone comms, you could get at most 140 comms for a win and 90 comms for a loss. So a loss would yield around 64% of a win. Now a loss will yield 2 / 5 = 40%. Changing it to 3 Unassembled Components for a loss would make more sense to me.

I think they should increase the rewards to something like 25 UCs for a win, 15 UCs for a loss. Keep the prices of the gear the same. This would still be a slower grind than it was from 3.3 to 5.0, but it would be much more tolerable.

Using a chest piece for example, that would be:

Chest – 100/150/225

which would mean an average of 5 warzones (50% win percentage) for a Tier 1 chest piece, about 8 + 5 WZ for Tier 2, and about 8 + 5 + 12 WZ for a Tier 3 chest piece. That would mean that you could go from nothing to a tier 3 chest piece in around 6-7 hours of warzones (assuming 4 per hour). That would seem reasonable to me.

Since PVE gear and PVP gear are now all one in the same....ok, I guess I could understand them wanting the top tier (Tier 3) to be harder to get. But I see no reason why the Tier1 and Tier2 stuff should be so hard to get. Sure, at a certain point it would be easier to run warzones and get PVE gear than it would to run hard mode operations (especially with how only the last boss drops gear now...the earlier bosses have a pretty small drop chance in my experience). You have to run about three operations to get a piece for each of your 8 man team now. That is several hours of play for one piece. Compare with the current PVP gearing (about 7 hours for one Tier 1 piece!!!!).

Anyway, BioWare chose to make this mess when they completely ripped up the (not broken) pvp gearing system. They violated the old axiom of "if it aint broke, don't fix it!" Keep pvp and pve gearing separate and this problem goes away. Then you can keep GC gearing for solo players, adjust drops from operations, and have pvp gear be easy to aquire (making pvp more about skill than gearing). Fixed.

The previous system was too fast and easy and this system is too long and difficult. the problem is bw can't find "the golden middle",something between difficult or easy. They can do rather damn easy or damn difficult... incompetent in other words :rak_01:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.