Why doesn't the queue ever pop?

Qpon

Hello, Ive returned after a long time away from the game, about 2 years. And I used to love playign Starfighter Mission, right off the bat I used to be able to queue and bam! nearly instant pop.

Now though? Ive been in queue for over 2 hours and it hasn't popped! Why is that? Am I doing something wrong, or do people just not play Starfighter battles anymore? What is the deal?!

It very much depends on what server you're on. Some servers, Jung Ma for example, are pretty much ghost towns.

I think Bastion is also pretty much dead, but I haven't visited in a while.

Harbinger, Shadowlands, Ebon Hawk, and TRE are all usually pretty lively during prime hours.

In general if there are at least 150 or so people on fleet it's unusual for a server to not have a GSF match going on.

Edited by Ramalina

It very much depends on what server you're on. Some servers, Jung Ma for example, are pretty much ghost towns.

Harbinger, Shadowlands, Ebon Hawk, and TRE are all usually pretty lively during prime hours.

In general if there are at least 150 or so people on fleet it's unusual for a server to not have a GSF match going on.

well great...just great! Im on Bastion and thats where Ive leveled my bounty hunter AND used my free character boost on.. damnit! I wish the server list stated what the populations where! Now I'm stuck on some ghost town server with no queues for pvp or starfighter missions...

Do I need to be max level for queues to pop or osmething? Because I swear Ive been in for hours and it hasnt popped -/-

Yeah, after they made server transfers really cheap around a year ago most of the moderate-low population servers like Jung Ma and Bastion (and I think basically all the other PvP servers) had their population migrate en-mass to more populated PvE servers.

After which Bioware removed the Server Population feature from the server selection screen and raised the CC cost of character transfer back to be the equivalent of $10. Sort of a giant middle finger from them to any new or returning customers that weren't on the new high population servers.

On the slightly not-so-bad news front, character transfers are currently on sale for 90 CCs again, which I think works out to about one dollar worth. So it's cheap to transfer again, a subscriber can move 5 characters per months with the CC grant, or 6 if you have a security key bonus. The sale is going to last until, "we're not sure." In theory they're going to announce the end of the sale a week before it ends, but last time they said that they forgot to announce the end of the sale at all.

I think those people from Bastion who transferred during the Great Migration mostly wound up on Harbinger. Harb is generally the highest population server for NA time zones.

Oh, and in case you missed it, there are no longer PvE or PvP servers, all servers have a PvE/PvP toggle button on the mini-map.

Basically if you want a game you'll probably either need to transfer, start an alt on a populated server, or hold a special GSF community event on Bastion (announce it on the forums, reddit, and GSF Discord channel) and hope people show up for it.

Kinda sucks, but it is what it is. "Pay to transfer your characters," is Bioware's implementation of, "better than cross server queues."

Edited by Ramalina

As a German speaking European Server T3-M4 might not be the server for every one but according to SWTORData, which has taken over torstatus server activity tracker, T3-M4 has a compareable population to Ebon Hawk which is bigger than the one from Shadowlands. With T3-M4 being my homeserver I can confirm that we do have an active GSF community, still after we usually aren't mentoined when the topic comes to active GSF communities I thought I might mentoined it.

The server population of Jedi Covenant should also be bigger than Shadowlands and The Progenitor compareable to Shadowlands. But that alone is of course not an indicator of the GSF community, but if someone is on a server not mentoined by Ramalina or myself the population alone is already a problem to build up a community, GSF or otherwise.

If someone is interrested in the population data her is a link

Another suggestion for faster queue times will be to group. Especially for players with long history of play wit high requisition totals and game totals, getting games outside of groups is near impossible as they are basically the bottom of the prioritization list.

As a German speaking European Server T3-M4 might not be the server for every one but according to SWTORData, which has taken over torstatus server activity tracker, T3-M4 has a compareable population to Ebon Hawk which is bigger than the one from Shadowlands. With T3-M4 being my homeserver I can confirm that we do have an active GSF community, still after we usually aren't mentoined when the topic comes to active GSF communities I thought I might mentoined it.

The server population of Jedi Covenant should also be bigger than Shadowlands and The Progenitor compareable to Shadowlands. But that alone is of course not an indicator of the GSF community, but if someone is on a server not mentoined by Ramalina or myself the population alone is already a problem to build up a community, GSF or otherwise.

If someone is interrested in the population data her is a link

SWTORData can't accurately assess populations because the servers have different hardware and the loads are different for each server. That's why most people think TEH is the 2nd most populated NA server, when in actuality it's JC.

~ Eudoxia

Kinda sucks, but it is what it is. "Pay to transfer your characters," is Bioware's implementation of, "better than cross server queues."

This pretty much sums up how pathetic, incapable, ignorant and impudent this company's attitude towards customers is. Saying hello from Jar'kai Sword, probably one of the most ghost town like servers with NO pvp/gsf pop for 9 months now, almost infinite queues even for stupid tactical fps and of course no hm/master fps at all via group finde, plus other disadvantages like ghost town gtn etc etc etc

I love Star Wars and still somewhat like this game, otherwise I wouldn't play still, but it is definitely the last game I will EVER support and play from Bioware and EA, while Bioware is of course just a division of EA nowadays. They both do not deserve any support and my money due to their unique, in and outside of the gaming industry, pathetic and unreachable impudent attitude towards their customers.

The incompetence and stupidity alone to release a game of this kind on a beta engine with no updates, modified by people who don't work for this company anymore, thus having no freaking know how left about that core part, thus do not have the ability to do the right and intelligent things (like other competent and intelligent leaded companies like Blizzard for instance did ages ago, like X server and bug fixing or core improvements, makes me speechless and despise these companies, actually the company EA and its division, and their attitudes and incompetence.

BTW, even discounted server transfers are no option and an impudent "offer" imho (asking for ANY money in this situation is impudent anyway) until they can't get rid of their incompetence not being able to transfer whole guilds and legacies including their strongholds, ships and the placed decoration on all of them. It's fu... data, why are they to incompetent to copy or actually rather move it to another server as a whole, just like a server transfer (not a half assed copy they offer instead of a movel) should work and works with competent companies?!

Edited by Khaleg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.