Don't take it out on BWA, THEY ARE FIGHTING FOR US!

IstariZen

YOU HAVE CALLED ME A STRAWMAN MULTIPLE TIMES. What is your deal? You are constantly changing up what we both said to better fit your own arguments. Is this worth it for you? And if so, why can't you try to use all that energy to offer some feedback to the devs? Who knows maybe everyone will like your post.

Please point to a post where I said you, personally, were a strawman. Prove it.

You can't. For the second time, that is not what I'm saying, or what I have ever said. I keep accusing you of beating up on a poor abused strawman, because you're utilizing the strawman logical fallacy. You're using a strawman in your arguments, that's what it means.

Since you possibly have some anger management issues at present, I'm going to stop responding to you now. I'd rather not you get any more upset than you already seem to be.

Edited by AscendingSky

Please point to a post where I said you, personally, were a strawman. Prove it.

You can't. For the second time, that is not what I'm saying, or what I have ever said. I keep accusing you of beating up on a poor abused strawman, because you're utilizing the strawman logical fallacy. You're using a strawman in your arguments, that's what it means.

Since you possibly have some anger management issues at present, I'm going to stop responding to you now. I'd rather not you get any more upset than you already seem to be.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9222269

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=906655&page=3

there are so many. Everyone is a white knight setting up strawman arguements for you.

Oh and Im not upset. Im just the active sub posting on the forums and you are the player who quit and is lurking. I added an edit to my previous post, feel free to read it.

The big thing is, people that do not like the game do not have to. They also do not need to hang out on the forums with the single intention to just try to "burn the whole thing down". If you do not like the game, beyond trying to help and accept reasonable effort coming your way, well, there is nothing for you here anymore.

Edited by IstariZen

Well you just emphasized the problem to a T. What does it have to do with bioware austin. You think by abusing them, they might fight for there lives to the EA overlords?!? lol. If anything, be constructive here and ***** at EA. Atleast when our guys go to EA with complaints, EA can say "Yeah we saw that too".

Its insane to me, how you guys think. One of my favorite articles ever is about a guy (a group of interns) petitioning his employer to wear casual clothes as work. Someone else did it every day, so why shouldn't he. Everyone that signed that petition was fired on the spot the next day. The exception was an army vet with severe injuries.

http://www.askamanager.org/2016/06/i-was-fired-from-my-internship-for-writing-a-proposal-for-a-more-flexible-dress-code.html

So I ask you, HOW SERIOUS CAN YOU POSSIBLY BE?

Welcome to the real world kiddo. Your life might be perfect now, but these guys are working their asses off.

EA did not develop this game, BWA DID! They have been screwing up this game since day one. It was BWA who decided to use the crappy engine this game runs on. BWA made all the design choices from the start, EA cut the check and this is what they received for their investment. When SWTOR launched it was just mediocre. IF it was great then it would not have gone f2p so quickly.

BWA is not fighting for us but their own butts. SWTOR has been mismanaged and poorly designed from the start and that is totally on the BWA staff, not EA. EA execs did not create the Glalactic Command debacle, or the crappy GSF or decide it was a great idea to take the fledgling HERO engine and make it work for their game. That was all BWA.

They need to know how pissed we are at the current state of the game. It's not fun anymore. It is stale and boring. If this game had been designed better from the start then maybe EA would not reduced the budget. They had to cut expenses to make the game profitable.. BWA suffered from their own design choices. BWA is to blame, not entirely but mostly. If they were really fighting for us they would be communicating more and actually listening to us. They don't do either. GC is proof of that.

EA has forums too.

Yes, you posted this very thread in their forums. Bioware hasn't existed for a decade. In 2007 BioWare was bought by EA, the company was dissolved into EA and EA created a new subsidiary called EA Bioware. It broke up the team, and seeded it along with their latest acquisition Mythic to create an MMO and RPG division.

So no, you do not need to go the EA forums to take it out on EA, because you are talking in the EA forums.

As for the whole "they are fighting for us".. i don't see how they do. There is barely any feedback around here, outside the livestreams. For several months now people everywhere told them "its not working" and they still pretend that it is working.

The whole situation reminds me painfully of Star Wars Galaxies, where they kept on claiming "its working guys, just give it a little time, we'll find the right spot"... and see where that one went.

Take this fight to EA. They know the licence they have. We have three incredible people fighting for us, stop taking it out on them. IF EA KNEW HOW MUCH WE LOVED THIS GAME and the true potential it has, maybe our three musketeers would get the team they deserved. STOP FIGHTING the only guys helping us, EA has forums too.

Keep suggestions and proper feedback here and the rest there. Having people pissed here only hurts our player base and punishes the people trying to help us.

EA will read it and the fans of the game wont get upset for the extremes that don't make sense to someone that loves the game. Please try it. (Some of you are scaring off new or returning players and you know, as well as I do, how amazing this game is for a new player.

EA gives them a budget and the Devs decide how to implement that budget.

If you have paid attention to any of the investors who post here, and I am one of them, then you'd know that Bioware decided on the gear changes. They even sent out a letter patting themselves on the back for creating a gearing system designed to better player retention.

The fact that it backfired on them is all Bioware. They have not listened to their players in years. There mistakes have caused massive numbers to leave the game, which means that EA just cuts their budget every year in response.

You cannot blame EA for swtor. EA lets the Devs do what they want within the set budget. It is the Devs who have trashed the game.

OP, do you not know what the Strawman fallacy is? Really? You think people are calling YOU a strawman?! :rak_02:

I don't even ...

I tried to explain! I tried to be helpful! I even gave him a website link with the definition! All for naught, sadly. He still keeps claiming to people I called him a strawman.

Edited by AscendingSky

Keep suggestions and proper feedback here and the rest there. Having people pissed here only hurts our player base and punishes the people trying to help us.

So you are telling me that we should do the work for them? The trio could and should show those forums for their supervisors from EA. IT IS THEIR JOB TO REPORT STATUS OF THE GAME AND PLAYERBASE.

If think electronic arts cares about thier ips.....

I was once part of a now long gone community of an ea controlled ip

Warhammer online age of reckoning, what I see here now is remarkably similar to what I saw in the end days of that game

The only hope I hold is that ea will give 2 ***** more about this game because they can milk the popularity from the new movies

I

If think electronic arts cares about thier ips.....

I was once part of a now long gone community of an ea controlled ip

Warhammer online age of reckoning, what I see here now is remarkably similar to what I saw in the end days of that game

The only hope I hold is that ea will give 2 ***** more about this game because they can milk the popularity from the new movies

I

I would say it is worse. EA pulled the plug on Warhammer Online while it still had 50k subs and no IP replacement (i.e., no other Warhammer game in development). SWTOR has it worse because EA has quite a few Star Wars IP games in development - none of which are in the hands of BioWare. Very soon, they will not need SWTOR to make a buck on the Star Wars IP. In fact, I would bet that if ME: Andromeda does not meet sales expectations, you are going to be hearing about another studio brand folded in or out, in the EA umbrella.

I would say it is worse. EA pulled the plug on Warhammer Online while it still had 50k subs and no IP replacement (i.e., no other Warhammer game in development). SWTOR has it worse because EA has quite a few Star Wars IP games in development - none of which are in the hands of BioWare. Very soon, they will not need SWTOR to make a buck on the Star Wars IP. In fact, I would bet that if ME: Andromeda does not meet sales expectations, you are going to be hearing about another studio brand folded in or out, in the EA umbrella.

Personally I hope ME:A falls flat on it's face, after the FUBAR ending to ME3 and Bioware's middle finger to the fanbase over the backlash it should fail. But somehow I doubt it.

Bioware hasn't existed for years now as it's BINO (Bioware in name only) I don't think there are any of the long term Bio vets left in the Canadian studios or if there are they're few in number. When the co-founders of the company walk away you know the ship is sinking.

I've played SWTOR on and off since launch but really can't comment too much other than to say I've seen some pretty bad choices made. I think the most I played was since 4.0 dropped maybe a little prior. I liked 4.0 then they had to go ruin it with 5.0. Oh well what can you do?

This is so naive I don't even know where to start. I mean honestly, really?

I could go on all night blasting the muppets at BWA, but my sub literally ends in less than three hours and this will be the last post I ever make here so idgaf. Actually, I've already done that with several lengthy posts which were all deleted.

I get that some people still like this game, and good for them. For a while I did as well. But don't be ridiculous. You're talking about the most unresponsive community manager I've ever seen (in ten+ years of online gaming) who protects BW behind a wall of ambiguity, empty promises, and straight up lies when he does actually bother to communicate with us (e.g, his job). Oh, and Ben? Really? This is a guy who comes into this and gives us two-years of single player DLC - the man doesn't even know what an MMO is. The man who wrote a long-*** post last may assuring us that the game was in fact not falling into a ravine (it was), in which he talks at length about how awesome rehashed content is and how *exciting* and *awesome* but super-secret stuff was coming. That turned out to be uprisings BTW. Oh and he just said on twitch that the GC grind is exciting so there's that as well. The other guy I don't even know, except from the one time he said on one of the streams I bothered to watch that the staggered chapter release was a mistake on his part - so he's definitely a winner as well. But sure EA games is the devil and BWA is the greatest developer ever.

Peace out and GL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.