I have lost my desire to stay subscribed after 5.0+

RainenFyre

I have been a faithful subscriber in SWTOR since launch. That is 5 years of 15/month, not to mention the amount of money spent on cartel coins. I have been through all of the changes in SWTOR, I remember when gear was not modable and you had to wear the mismatching pieces of Tionese, Columi and Rakata gear until you had a full set. I remember when you only ran one class because it made little sense to gear alts. Then Legacy gear made a big step forward in the game, this expanded peoples options to fill a group, because you could always take what gear drops you got and place them in legacy gear to transfer to your main. The game evolved even more throughout the years making it more alt friendly. 4.0 I feel was the best solution for players as far as gear grinding was concerned. Nothing had really changed in the way gear was achieved up to that point, except they added the priority boss weekly that allowed the collection of Nightmare Mode loot in Hard Mode. You had a 1/8 chance to get loot on the first boss and so scaled down until the last boss was a 1/3 chance on ops with 5 bosses or 1/2 chance on a 7 boss operation. These were fair odds for gaining loot and you had to earn it by downing the bosses.

This new system introduced in 5.0 is a horrendous Random Number Generation (RNG) loot scale that far exceeds the original odds of receiving the tier loot. I opened 30 teir 2 crates and did not receive a single 236 piece of equipment. I believe this is why most of the veteran players are leaving the game, you went from a fair loot system to a grind fest that basically removes loot progression. I have 30 65+ characters, 8 of those were needed to achieve legendary status on the DvL event.

I will sadly be unsubscribing after 5 years of game play because I refuse to play on a system that gives scattered rewards for hard work in the game. I usually try to play between 2-3 hours of game play a night, this nets me between 2-3 crates per night depending on the queues popping for galactic command. It will be a long grind to 300, with no guaranteed rewards.

If 5.0 had come out with a guaranteed loot system that gave the players a goal to achieve this patch wouldn’t have drove me away. I would propose a system that guaranteed a piece of loot at certain points of progression throughout the tiers so that at the end of a tier you would have a full set of gear.

1-90 tier 1 would be like this 90/14=6.43 so roughly every 6 levels you would receive enough tokens to get a piece of tier 1 gear from the vendor.

91-180 tier 2 would be the same.

181-300 tier 3 would be like this 120/14=8.57 so roughly every 8 or 9 levels you would receive enough tokens for a piece of tier 3 gear.

This would give every player the incentive to grind through all 300 levels of CXP on multiple characters. Or an extra 120 tier 3 levels to gear out an alt, if you kept the tokens legacy bound.

I understand that Bioware is trying to stretch the game play out a little. However I am very sad that the Bioware developers took this game in the direction they did and turned this game into a RNG grind fest with no foreseeable end. With the kind of RNG luck I have received so far I would not make a full set of top tier gear by the end of the year. I see no reason to continue playing a broken system. When you finally decide to bring back a system like listed above send me an email, until then I am not spending another dime on this game.:mad:

Who cares if there is a CXP Bonus, all it does is get you more crates. The RNG from the crates is the real issue. You used to have a 1/8 chance at worst case scenario for winning a loot drop you were after. Now you have a 1/1000+ chance of getting the loot drop you need from a crate. That is an incredible ratio hike that should never have been allowed!

It's not great but it's definitely not that bad. You don't even have to do gc gearing if you don't want. One of the hardcore raiding friends recommended gtn gear was all you would need for SM. Then ops drops are nice right now to take away from rng. Edited by americanaussie

It's not great but it's definitely not that bad. You don't even have to do gc gearing if you don't want. One of the hardcore raiding friends recommended gtn gear was all you would need for SM. Then ops drops are nice right now to take away from rng.

Sure, that would work great for SM. But my group was progressing HM. Now we spend all evening on one boss and get nothing for it. If we were assured drops from SM, we'd do SM and get gear to do HM, but we aren't so why bother?

Who cares if there is a CXP Bonus, all it does is get you more crates. The RNG from the crates is the real issue. You used to have a 1/8 chance at worst case scenario for winning a loot drop you were after. Now you have a 1/1000+ chance of getting the loot drop you need from a crate. That is an incredible ratio hike that should never have been allowed!

Exactly they are ***** footing around, 5.1 should've taken the appropriate steps to resolve the issue instead a bandaid for a wound that needs stitches. They choose to not fix it and doubled down on their mistake by nerfing bolster pissing off more PvPers with their dismissive response causing long time players, who love the game and have stuck it out through thick and thin, to unsub.

Take the steps to fix the problem right now like: increase CXP massively, increase drop rates ensure by the time players hit T2 they have their full set bonus and T1 gear. Same with T2 and T3, leave legendary for a huge grind.

It's not that hard to resolve, no more feedback needed, no more streams, like Nike just do it.

Just make sure if you are unsubbing to also PM Eric and Tait to let them know and why.

I've PM'd Eric already. I also rote a long letter to EA execs. After this patch, they may get another on my way out. Or, I may let share holders ask about it on the regular call that is coming up. Putting them on the spot there may get more action taken.

I've PM'd Eric already. I also rote a long letter to EA execs. After this patch, they may get another on my way out. Or, I may let share holders ask about it on the regular call that is coming up. Putting them on the spot there may get more action taken.

Now if we can just get everyone to do that our, voices might be heard by those who probably keep those unsub figures secret. Even if they don't, I'm sure they don't properly show the amount of long term players leaving.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Sure, that would work great for SM. But my group was progressing HM. Now we spend all evening on one boss and get nothing for it. If we were assured drops from SM, we'd do SM and get gear to do HM, but we aren't so why bother?

Looks like SM drops stuff according to Eric. Veteran as well. I follow Theron Shan on twitter who plays on TRE and he posted the 240 gear is available on gtn. They do ops but I think it's more SM so they said purple 228 or 230 gear was more than enough on SM. I've been researching this as I was to do mmo content. So 230 for SM and you can buy whatever else for HM. No its not set bonus but you can work to that with ops drops.

Looks like SM drops stuff according to Eric. Veteran as well. I follow Theron Shan on twitter who plays on TRE and he posted the 240 gear is available on gtn. They do ops but I think it's more SM so they said purple 228 or 230 gear was more than enough on SM. I've been researching this as I was to do mmo content. So 230 for SM and you can buy whatever else for HM. No its not set bonus but you can work to that with ops drops.

Last boss is guaranteed to drop two token. The other's have a chance. So far we've gotten nothing of anything but the last boss. The 240 on the GTN is not set piece gear and costs way more than I have and you can't buy schematics. FWIW, you can do SM in 220s from 4.0 due to bolster. SM is really accessible to most players and most of the boss mechanics are simplified (or in some cases totally removed.) If you haven't done, them, get a group and GF them, although if you don't have 8 people it can be a wait to get the extra people you need.

Unfortunately, after working them HM, the reduced mechanics make the SM for most of them boring so my group isn't real up on going back and doing them with almost no reward for doing it. With either a gearing system like 3.0 or 4.0 or a system like the old PVP system, we'd do it to build up gear because we'd have a fixed goal and a set time to get there (assuming it was a month or two.) But since it's not, half of us are either unsubbed already or gone in the next couple of weeks. BW had their chance today to keep us around and failed to do so.

Do you have a couple hundred million spare credits to drop on buying every single armoring, enhancement, mod, implant, earpiece, relic, barrel, and hilt I need to gear out all my characters in crafted 240s? Oh, and also mats, if you buy them straight from the crafters themselves? I sure don't!!

Oh, and do those crafted armorings give set bonus? Nope!

Edited by AscendingSky

While I realize the current system isn't ideal, and I miss the old system as well minus hm's dropping the top tier, I think the entire community is also over-exaggerating a bit. If you're an experienced raider at all, you can run some HM content, and even NiM Nefra in 220/224's from 4.0. Even if you feel the need to go the story mode route, that can be done in terribad gear with the bolster. In the three ops I have run this week, I have seen 4 random drops, 3 236's, and 1 230 in a sm. This is not including the guaranteed drop on the last boss. Considering it's 2 tokens per drop, that's quite a bit of gear for simply running 3 ops. Never mind the cxp crates you would earn along the way, which goes much faster now with the legacy perk and cxp boost token. I have no doubt they will likely up the drop rate in the future as well. It's very nice to see they reserved 242 strictly to nightmare drops though, as we would be back to the entire fleet farming EV/KP endlessly and all walking around with the best gear in the game again simply for clearing the 2 easiest hm operations.

While I realize the current system isn't ideal, and I miss the old system as well minus hm's dropping the top tier, I think the entire community is also over-exaggerating a bit. If you're an experienced raider at all, you can run some HM content, and even NiM Nefra in 220/224's from 4.0.

Some might be able to, but not most.

Even if you feel the need to go the story mode route, that can be done in terribad gear with the bolster. In the three ops I have run this week, I have seen 4 random drops, 3 236's, and 1 230 in a sm. This is not including the guaranteed drop on the last boss.

We got nothing extra. Zip. None.

Considering it's 2 tokens per drop, that's quite a bit of gear for simply running 3 ops. Never mind the cxp crates you would earn along the way, which goes much faster now with the legacy perk and cxp boost token. I have no doubt they will likely up the drop rate in the future as well.

Too little, too late. If they fix it, some of us may come back. The longer they wait, the less that will be. Looks at how many never came back after launch and that was all the same mistakes they are remaking now.

a lot

I have been subbed since early access to 1.0.

I have spent well over $10k USD in the CM.

I'm not saying that entitles me to a louder voice, but when I speak they should listen. What I alone have spent on this game equates to thousands of other players.

My sub ends 18 February.

I have been subbed since early access to 1.0.

I have spent well over $10k USD in the CM.

I'm not saying that entitles me to a louder voice, but when I speak they should listen. What I alone have spent on this game equates to thousands of other players.

My sub ends 18 February.

My sub ends in 93 days. I also spend a crap ton of money in this game. They aren't just alienating the Ops guys, I have never done an Op...

I am not unsubbing but will give my objective opinion (note it is my opinion).

I have been here since June 9, 2009, before the game launch. I was involved in some of the beta testing. The game was and still (for me) is fun.

There have been things I disliked and even stated so in the forums but I made my views known and then went on and figured a way to work with things.

I unsubbed once and that was during 4.0 and that was because my boyfriend and I couldn't find things to do together like we used to (not talking about flashpoints and operations). We have limited time when we play so operations are out, though I have done a few, but most of them take up to 2 hours or more and having that kind of time without interruptions is not always possible. Flashpoints we have done but even that can get a bit much if you get people that have no idea what to do and will not listen. We the type to try to help people, even if they dont' have the best gear, but we do expect them to listen when we explain things and not be a jerk when we asked them not to stand in "those circles". We even polite enough not to say "Don't stand in stupid."

When they announced 5.0 and the renewal of some group activity I decided to come back and give it a try. The uprising are great for us, we even managed to do some with just the two of us.

The gearing system is not the best but I understand what they are trying to do. There are a lot of people that don't do flashpoints or operations but some of the harder content does require them to have better gear, especially if you want to do the veteran or even master version.

They are trying to give all people a way to get the gear but the system needs improvment. Yes, I have heard all over the forums for them to dump it, etc and go back to what it was. I know enough of BW that they are not going to do that but they may make changes, which they have shown they are doing, if you give objective suggestions.

I know raiders have a need to have gear faster especially those that run NIM but asking them to do away with the system and go back to a system that left out people I dont' think is right either.

A suggestion trying to fix the mess RNG is might be a better idea. I work around the mess they have by crafting some gear that we need to supplement until we actually get what we need. It not the best for it works for us.

I am not saying it will work for everyone as each person has to judge what is best for them but can raging actually change someone's mind? I can only go by what would happen with me. You rage with me like some of the posts that have been posted, I would actually tone you out and not hear a word you said. You come to me with suggestion in a respectful and polite manner than I would be willing to listen.

Just my 2 cents.

Have a good weekend.

Some might be able to, but not most.

And to this..... It's not an issue of gear.... It's almost always an L2P issue....

We got nothing extra. Zip. None.

How many ops did you run? Only one night? And they have already said, over and over again, that this is the beginning of the changes....

Too little, too late. If they fix it, some of us may come back. The longer they wait, the less that will be. Looks at how many never came back after launch and that was all the same mistakes they are remaking now.

Sounds more like you have your mind made up regardless of change than anything else.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.