The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

I don't care that some people hate him either, but it's impolite to drop into a discussion with comments that are obviously so negative and contrary to the intent and spirit of the thread. I dunno, maybe I'm a dinosaur but that's the rules of foruming I've usually.. tried to follow.

Thank you for that!

I also want to say that I agree with you, that it has to be Richard Teverson doing Malavai's voice, or it will be ruined. He did such a wonderful job, he is Malavai to me. <3

Also want to thank all the other Quinn fans. You've made me so happy, in seeing that there are so many fans of the character.

April can't come fast enough for me. :o

I'm happy for you. What I wish wasn't the case was this apparent choice you have to make between them. I mean, the Republic and Empire are not the same as they were before from what I've seen. It's hard to say at this moment but it seems like Elara and Quinn have their opinions graved in stone or something.

Part of the problem I guess is how BWA have focused a lot on the faults in the Republic and so I don't really see them as the good guys. With Acina at the helm in the Empire the constant infighting seems to have been abandoned and I wonder how that would've affected characters like Elara and Quinn. I fear it will just boil down to a choice between supporting Empire or Republic and no matter what your explanation or motivation is, you'll get Quinn or Elara based on that.

Personally I would choose Empire and have Quinn executed finally for his original treason that I wasn't allowed to punish him for. I'm sure if you've forgiven him that's not an issue but I would wish that it would be possible to side with one side and still have a way of persuading the opposing companion. I mean I don't need to have Elara as a companion for my inquisitor but I wouldn't mind and I can't stand Quinn. So I wonder if I can choose Empire and not end up with Quinn. I'd hate to have to take him just because I side with my old home.

It's about choice really and about different outcomes that I think should be possible.

Thank you, for being happy for the Quinn fans.

I get what you're saying, I can respect it. I go the opposite way, I absolutely despise Elara (for many reasons which are my own) but it would be nice if people get the choice of the person they want. Even if they're staunch for one side or the other, it would be nice to have dialogue that would serve to 'persuade' the character to join your cause.

Thank you, for being happy for the Quinn fans.

I get what you're saying, I can respect it. I go the opposite way, I absolutely despise Elara (for many reasons which are my own) but it would be nice if people get the choice of the person they want. Even if they're staunch for one side or the other, it would be nice to have dialogue that would serve to 'persuade' the character to join your cause.

Well and that's it. We all have our favourites. So why would BWA choose to give only some people a choice they would like. I may not like Quinn but I get that others like yourself do. Elara is not my favourite either but it would be more interesting if characters in game were not so black and white but show evidence of reasonable thought.

I have other favourites that I'm still waiting for but I'd hate to be one of the people who really love Quinn AND Elara. You'd feel really screwed in this situation. I dunno, I think they made too big a deal out of the companion thing and every choice they make that limits people can only lead to some people being ticked off about it.

So yeh, I'm always glad when someone can get one of their fave's back even if it's not one of mine.

LOL, Ok i did not attend to disrespect any ones thread here, i just thought i would share my thoughts about my 2 Juggs & Mara's view on the dude that betrayed them. I mean Men and Women are wired differently we all know that. If a guy gets betrayed, most likely they seek revenge of some kind. Ladies may do the same thing or they may take a liking to the betraying SoB. But then again, i really dont want, nor do i, try any more to figure women out. So i leave that at that.

Um. Sure i read the topic of thread but when it ends with a "LOL" i really didnt take it to serious about the LOVE THREAD on Quinn thing.

So with all that said, I Apologies to those that my interrupting thoughts has caused any grief too.

Do Take Care & Be Well......

Not sure how you could misinterpret "haters make your own thread" from the title but in any case you say men and women are different but in reality I guarantee if it had been a sexy woman (and possibly your love interest) doing the exact same thing Quinn did you would forgive her. (For example how many men stabbed Morrigan in Dragon Age?)

Not sure how you could misinterpret "haters make your own thread" from the title but in any case you say men and women are different but in reality I guarantee if it had been a sexy woman (and possibly your love interest) doing the exact same thing Quinn did you would forgive her. (For example how many men stabbed Morrigan in Dragon Age?)

If the love for Kaliyo and Vaylin aren't enough of an example on this point, look at Harley Quinn. Most men would accept anything and everything she does purely because she's hot. It's definitely not just women who're willing to forgive because a bad man has appeal, be it his mind or body.

If the love for Kaliyo and Vaylin aren't enough of an example on this point, look at Harley Quinn. Most men would accept anything and everything she does purely because she's hot. It's definitely not just women who're willing to forgive because a bad man has appeal, be it his mind or body.

Furthermore, this is all pretend. Of course I wouldn't forgive someone for trying to kill me in real life.

/cringe I hope I never have to say something so obvious ever again :p

Haha thank you. Men and women are definitely more alike than different.

I mean, I'm of two minds with Quinn, I love how capable and sexy he is.... and then I hate him at the same time. He's got a pretty nasty streak that comes out - all revenge under that calm exterior. He would have made a hell of a sith rival.

I sort of enjoy reading the Quinn hate, I can't take it personally. I think its great that he's so polarizing. I'd rather read about Quinn hate all day than all the GCXP crying. Maybe I'll start a "I hate Quinn" thread for the lulz :D

It would appear I "missed" 2 years somewhere, since by my calculations he'd be 48 by end of KOTET. But well, I'm not Malavai Quinn, so my calculations apparently suck ;)

I'm not worried about his age and the "infant contingency plan". My warrior and his kid is 7 by the end of KOTET, so that ship has sailed. Fortunately, because due to carbon poisoning she won't be able to have any more.

I sure hope we'd be able to replay this chapter (is it going to be a chapter?) like all KOTFE/ET. And that customisations will work, because mine is not the default, and I don't want my warrior talk to some stranger. And that Teverson is back to voice him, because I don't want my warrior talk to some stranger.

I'm kinda excited and worried at the same time. I worry too much :o;)

Personally I would choose Empire and have Quinn executed finally for his original treason that I wasn't allowed to punish him for.

Just a little nit pick. What Quinn did wasn't treason, quite the opposite. Until the Sith Warrior defeated Barras in front of the council and was acknowledged as Wrath, it was the warrior who was acting as a traitor to the Empire. Barras was a Dark Council member of good standing, the warrior was just his lowly apprentice. Had Quinn defied Barras and acted on behalf of the warrior, then he'd be viewed as a traitor and would have been executed as a such had the warrior failed.

What you want is to murder him in revenge for a personal betrayal. I have no problem with that and I think many people need that closure. But that doesn't turn it into treason.

I'm kinda excited and worried at the same time. I worry too much :o;)

Same! I know that no matter how they write him back in, I'm not going to be 100% satisfied.

I mean, really, what's he been doing this whole time that would make any sense?

And I'd love for him to be at least a flirt option for men/ other classes.

And will they bring up the betrayal to put it to rest once and for all? Or just pretend like it's water under the bridge? (It ain't!!)

But I'd rather have him back and be mad about something than not have him at all.

And will they bring up the betrayal to put it to rest once and for all? Or just pretend like it's water under the bridge? (It ain't!!)

For my warrior it is. She wasn't even angry (hurt and disappointed but not angry), just pitied him, poor moron manipulated by Baras into stupidity :cool:

But I wouldn't mind it mentioned as long as one of options to answer is "You still feel guilty? Shut up and kiss me!" While for me it's closed, the others deserve some kind of closure, if they wish so.

On the other hand, it's been years since. How long can it be dragged?

The problem is that his reasons and explanation are different depending on your warrior's actions, so it may not make sense for all, if one version is given. They already made a continuity error, assuming by default in KOTFE that Vette knows about his betrayal. You can choose to never tell anyone (I chose that option), so there are only two people who know: her and him. My warrior gave him her word, and I don't want the devs to make her a liar. :rolleyes:

The problem is that his reasons and explanation are different depending on your warrior's actions, so it may not make sense for all, if one version is given. They already made a continuity error, assuming by default in KOTFE that Vette knows about his betrayal. You can choose to never tell anyone (I chose that option), so there are only two people who know: her and him. My warrior gave him her word, and I don't want the devs to make her a liar. :rolleyes:

I missed the part about Vette knowing. Is it in the chapter where she comes back? I don't remember her talking about him.

I missed the part about Vette knowing. Is it in the chapter where she comes back? I don't remember her talking about him.

Yes, that chapter. I remember because broken continuity is broken. A little thing in general, but very important to me, so drew my attention.

Vette also made a nonsensical hostile remark about him in KOTET (Ch 4, if i'm not mistaken). Totally unfair to both her character (she was never hostile to him, just harmlessly teasing him out of his mind), and his (since the accusation was absurd). It's a reaction to something the warrior says, so not everyone can get this one.

wouldnt it be great that after a couple of years ( ingame years ) u can get kids with your LI. and u can teach this kids in quest to become also sidekicks in the story :p

and give them specials in events over the time, so they become even more unique

i would like to play such LIs

wouldnt it be great that after a couple of years ( ingame years ) u can get kids with your LI. and u can teach this kids in quest to become also sidekicks in the story :p

I'm gonna have to say heellllll no to that. :eek:

Haha thank you. Men and women are definitely more alike than different.

I mean, I'm of two minds with Quinn, I love how capable and sexy he is.... and then I hate him at the same time. He's got a pretty nasty streak that comes out - all revenge under that calm exterior. He would have made a hell of a sith rival.

I sort of enjoy reading the Quinn hate, I can't take it personally. I think its great that he's so polarizing. I'd rather read about Quinn hate all day than all the GCXP crying. Maybe I'll start a "I hate Quinn" thread for the lulz :D

Haha, looks like Immo beat you to it. Guess they're going to have some fun of their own with their thread now lol. :p

Edited by Lunafox

That would be a neat option. I'd play it :D

Yes because I am baby crazy-er I mean because they have been together a long time and it would be cool and cute. It would be very plausible for the female love interest to have been pregnant when the male hero was captured and frozen in carbonite as one scenario (and for some reason I keep thinking of my female Cathar trooper as having been in some kind of "Kill Bill" scenario where she was pregnant and rather than being in carbonite the whole time was just in stasis for part of it and the baby was taken away, OR while in carbonite the baby's growth was frozen and so she is still pregnant when she comes out of carbonite even though the baby should have been born 4-5 years ago). I think about how a male smuggler and his kids with Risha would have to survive and thwart assassination attempts because they are not noble and they're non-human. :eek:

Of course BioWare will never have a game where you have kids or where the character and their love interest are pregnant at the end(unless you count the OGB I guess though we never even got to meet him as our Warden) or anything like that. I love games where you have kids though and I so wish we could as part of the storyline. I mean there are a lot of war orphans out there gaiz...

Edited by Nefla

Yes, that chapter. I remember because broken continuity is broken. A little thing in general, but very important to me, so drew my attention.

Vette also made a nonsensical hostile remark about him in KOTET (Ch 4, if i'm not mistaken). Totally unfair to both her character (she was never hostile to him, just harmlessly teasing him out of his mind), and his (since the accusation was absurd). It's a reaction to something the warrior says, so not everyone can get this one.

I think I missed it- what conversation option was this? For my main, Vette was actually with her when Quinn did what he was forced to by Baras so she's always known.