Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

And who knows, maybe this Alliance Alert actually IS fully voiced. Wouldn't that be awesome? If it was, I'd be really, REALLY happy they're bringing LI's back that way - now they don't have to shoehorn them into the overarching story, and they can carefully craft a "meaningful" return for them.

From me it's a firm NO. Alliance Alerts, even if one hopes they would be voiced, don't support customisations. I already suffered once because of that. Oh look, the devs learnt something from that poor Iokath experience... NOT.:(

Remember, guys, that datamined information is *always* subject to change. Case in point: the entirety of chapter twelve of KOTFE.

I didn't know that. What was changed, out of curiosity? (Not sure if it's allowed to talk about it on the forum, so never mind, if not. I'm not that curious to get banned ;))

It also got me thinking I know there are a number of writers in this thread myself among them and it occurs to me that if we put out heads together we'd probably be able to come up with better story lines than the supposed 'professional' writers at Bioware. That's actually kind of scary and depressing when you think about it...

After it had been revealed last year before KOTET hit that it wouldn't bring any comps back, I wrote a Quinn return story. It turned out to also be another companion return story. I don't know what that return will be, but I bet my version is better (and I usually have little faith in my own writing).:o

From me it's a firm NO. Alliance Alerts, even if one hopes they would be voiced, don't support customisations. I already suffered once because of that. Oh look, the devs learnt something from that poor Iokath experience... NOT.:(

Alliance Alerts don't have customizations? D: I...did not know that...

I didn't know that. What was changed, out of curiosity? (Not sure if it's allowed to talk about it on the forum, so never mind, if not. I'm not that curious to get banned ;))

Sent a PM to you!

I discovered it when picking up Lokin on my Agent. Got baldie with beard instead of my moppy with moustache.

Sent a PM to you!

Got it, thank you :)

Sent a PM to you!

Hey Grand Admiral, can you forward it to me as well, I didn't know anything about 12 had been changed, now you have me curiouser... :)

Edited by Lunafox

Thanks! Reply sent. :) That would have been one hell of a train wreak...

*weary nod* Oi vey, no kidding...

I found a video that features said train wreck (all lines are fully voiced). I already sent it to you, OfficerDonNZ, in my reply to your message, but if anybody else wants it, I'd be happy to forward it to them. :D

Edited by Jagaimee

(spoilers because we're not supposed to know stuff)

I'm waiting for the

Vector thread to explode.

If we thought we had it bad with Quinn, they will have it much worse - no proper voice acting, no customisation and no reunion embrace? I'm not going to bother putting my

agent who romanced Vector

through the rest of Kofte let alone kotet/iokcrap until someone feeds back on the forums how the alert works.

How could they have got companions and romances so wrong? They even put out questionnaires about what we thought when the subs dropped dramatically & many people gave feedback about companions. Maybe they are getting the whole Zakuul associated story over so they can start again in 6.0 with more class related stuff in the story. This is a hope I don't think will be met.

ALSO: can someone PM me the changes that were made to chapter 12 please?

Edited by Sarova

@Sarova: Message sent! :)

Received and read, thanks! I had suspected from the way the chapter played out that was the direction they had originally intended. If it had been temporary for the story I think that would have been okay but permanent would have been a disaster.

(spoilers because we're not supposed to know stuff)

I'm waiting for the

Vector thread to explode.

If we thought we had it bad with Quinn, they will have it much worse - no proper voice acting, no customisation and no reunion embrace? ]

I feel like many of us are the same people :p It's always been him and Quinn for me, since 2012.

Am I the only person who is not totally pissed-off at this?

I went and read the spoilers for the Umbara update...and, while my Smuggler is going to be pissed...

...she ditched Corso for Theron because, since she didn't marry Corso, she got nothing from him...no letter...nothing. (So much for all the "No matter what, I'll always be here, waiting for you")

...I'm kind of excited to see how it all plays out. I think there's a long game being played here. And I appreciate the whole "I did NOT see that coming AT ALL" aspect of it.

As far as the LIs being brought back via Alliance Alert....again, I want to hold judgement until I actually see them. They might have revamped the AA system since the last time we got companions back from them. Heck, even an AA would probably be more interaction than we got with the whole Quinn/Dorne reunion....even if our characters aren't voiced.

It also got me thinking I know there are a number of writers in this thread myself among them and it occurs to me that if we put out heads together we'd probably be able to come up with better story lines than the supposed 'professional' writers at Bioware. That's actually kind of scary and depressing when you think about it...

And I think that this is another reason I'm not really that upset. Oddly, the way I write, the more they come up with things in the storyline that I don't like, the more fodder I have to write about because I like to write about "the way I think it should have been". Just rehashing what someone else wrote about is boring for me. But trying to come up with something better than what the BW writers did....now, I love doing that (and have had lots of opportunities to do so lately :-P).

Speaking of which...can I get the Ch 12 links as well? I'm a sucker for alternate storylines (obviously).

Please do be careful of what you post, some of us don't want it spoiled...and some of us...myself mainly have no self control when it comes to that spoiler button...it is a shiny shiny button that is just asking to be pressed...damnit I did it again :(

Self control...I obviously have none today lol

Edited by Nightfrogger

Please do be careful of what you post, some of us don't want it spoiled...and some of us...myself mainly have no self control when it comes to that spoiler button...it is a shiny shiny button that is just asking to be pressed...damnit I did it again :(

Sooo...do I need to "Spoiler" the "Spoiler" tag? :-P

Sooo...do I need to "Spoiler" the "Spoiler" tag? :-P

Maybe....no. I am just mad at myself for my lack of self control today. No worries hun, I brought it upon myself.

Also mad at myself for letting myself get distracted from writing. Half way done with chapter I should be done with by now...stupid youtube strikes again :(

Edited by Nightfrogger

At least we are using spoiler tags! I remember when Quinn was returning many people posted in here with no tags at all. You need to heed the words of

:p

At least we are using spoiler tags! I remember when Quinn was returning many people posted in here with no tags at all. You need to heed the words of
:p

And I do thank you gals for that...and had to laugh at the Yoda thing...it was the the line I thought it would be...you know you have watched too much star wars when...

Maybe....no. I am just mad at myself for my lack of self control today. No worries hun, I brought it upon myself.

Also mad at myself for letting myself get distracted from writing. Half way done with chapter I should be done with by now...stupid youtube strikes again :(

I'm trying to get started on my next Alderaan chapter....but I just can't decide how I want my cliffhanger from the previous chapter to play out. When I first planned this segment, I pretty much had it figured out, but the more I think about it, the more options present themselves. Argh! And I have to figure out how whatever I do, works into future situations, etc. :-P

I'm trying to get started on my next Alderaan chapter....but I just can't decide how I want my cliffhanger from the previous chapter to play out. When I first planned this segment, I pretty much had it figured out, but the more I think about it, the more options present themselves. Argh! And I have to figure out how whatever I do, works into future situations, etc. :-P

I just finished the game story section of my chapter, am looking on how I want to do my section after it. I have an idea but I need to flesh it out, but still have details to hash out. Then need time for an edit sometime today once I get that done.

*weary nod* Oi vey, no kidding...

I found a video that features said train wreck (all lines are fully voiced). I already sent it to you, OfficerDonNZ, in my reply to your message, but if anybody else wants it, I'd be happy to forward it to them. :D

Yes, please! :)