Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

Edited after my anger abated somewhat.

After reading the full DM dialogue I'm thinking Umbara might not be as horrible as it first sounded, but they had better not drag the plot line out too long.

And they had better have that Alliance Alert fully voiced and not be the static half-voiced "retro" crap. And available to everyone.

Edited by Damask_Rose

And to make it even worse, instead of learning from their mistake of bringing Quinn and Dorne back as an afterthought, they are going to compound it by bringing the next LI back in an alliance alert. :mad:

:eek:

:( :(

ALLIANCE ALERT?!

WTH are they thinking?

Edited by AngFour

You won't hear it from me. Not saying a word.

Thank you hun :D Normally am one of those people who has to know everything asap or it drives me nuts but this month is going to fly by. 80 hour week next week and my mom is coming to visit for my birthday the week the chapter hits so...I figure it will get here for me soon enough.

Not sure what writting I can get done between work, sleep and last minute OMG my mom is coming house cleaning, but will try :). My guess will relax by taking Quinn sight seeing more.

Edited by Nightfrogger

Edited after my anger abated somewhat.

After reading the full DM dialogue I'm thinking Umbara might not be as horrible as it first sounded, but they had better not drag the plot line out too long.

And they had better have that Alliance Alert fully voiced and not be the static half-voiced "retro" crap. And available to everyone.

If this is true, then Charles received our PMs about future companion returns from Keith and promptly deleted without reading. They need to put a woman in charge of the romance returns! Yes, that's sexist but true. Since this is info not readily available here I am going to find it (or wait for someone to pm me a link). I want to be pre-warned about any disappointment this time after the whole Quinn/Dorne fiasco. Will at least save me the time of bothering with Umbara if its looking terrible.

EDIT: I am furious :mad:

Edited by Sarova

I asked this question, but never got an answer regarding Malavai Quinn.

Can anyone tell me, do you get the option to make Malavai Quinn beg if you are in a romance? Or only happens if you are not in a romance? Also, does that option appear if you side with a specific faction or works either for Pubs or Imps alliance?

I am still annoyed at the betrayal that happened well in 2011 :) So.. I want to know if we can make him beg, before taking him back as LI.

ALLIANCE ALERT?!

WTH are they thinking?

I think the 'community' has pushed them down this route, players started complaining about kotfe so they cut a season out of it (who knows how that affected companion returns) then players keep asking where are my companions and also the mmo players wanting more mmo content, since the next story update is a flash point and not a proper chapter there is less opportunities to bring companions back, what does that leave.... That's right alliance alerts.

I asked this question, but never got an answer regarding Malavai Quinn.

Can anyone tell me, do you get the option to make Malavai Quinn beg if you are in a romance? Or only happens if you are not in a romance? Also, does that option appear if you side with a specific faction or works either for Pubs or Imps alliance?

I am still annoyed at the betrayal that happened well in 2011 :) So.. I want to know if we can make him beg, before taking him back as LI.

I don't think so. I didn't get this as any option but then I wouldn't have wanted it.

Edited after my anger abated somewhat

Mine hasn't :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

ALLIANCE ALERT?!

WTH are they thinking?

Now that I know the spoilers

I am ready to rage-quit. Unfortunately I just subbed for the next three months Monday.

Could someone PM me the spoilers? Mostly I just want to know who is coming back. Thanks.

Also, Alliance Alert? They haven't been listening at all have they? Didn't Keith reply to someone in a PM saying they were aware of the disappointment with the return of Malavai and Elara? So they decided to double down on that?

Even through all of the issues so far I've *mostly* enjoyed it. But seriously? Ugh.

Edited by Elessara

Could someone PM me the spoilers? Mostly I just want to know who is coming back. Thanks.

Also, Alliance Alert? They haven't been listening at all have they? Didn't Keith reply to someone in a PM saying they were aware of the disappointment with the return of Malavai and Elara? So they decided to double down on that?

Even through all of the issues so far I've *mostly* enjoyed it. But seriously? Ugh.

Doubled down on disappointment is probably what Keith meant.

Ok. I've read the spoilers. I don't think I have ever said this before but I may unsub now. Through all the ups and downs of this game I've been subbed since early access. Never missed even a day. But now?

It's not even the LI in the Alliance Alert that got me either. I dealt with Malavai's betrayal and yeah it ticked me off but I forgave him in game and got over it because hey, it's a game and I liked the character. But as it stands right now, all I can think is, "What is this BS, I can't even ..."

Also, really glad I knew this before going in. Getting hit with it in the game would have been so much worse. I don't know that I've felt this betrayed by BioWare since the ME3 ending.

I am ready to rage-quit. Unfortunately I just subbed for the next three months Monday.

You and me both. My subscription ran out yesterday - and I promptly lost access to the forum. Half the reason I resubscribed for two months is because I can't post here without it. (The other half is to finally finish KOTFE/KOTET. Yes, I still haven't done that. I've been rather distracted with Dragon Age Inquisition...whoops.)

Anyways...

Remember, guys, that datamined information is *always* subject to change. Case in point: the entirety of chapter twelve of KOTFE.

And who knows, maybe this Alliance Alert actually IS fully voiced. Wouldn't that be awesome? If it was, I'd be really, REALLY happy they're bringing LI's back that way - now they don't have to shoehorn them into the overarching story, and they can carefully craft a "meaningful" return for them.

........okay, yeah, at this point that just seems like hopeful wishing, but...well, it's not set in stone yet.

Hey inquisition is a great game to be distracted with...that Cullen..good times ;)

Shame on me...out taking pictures instead of being responsible and sleeping after work.

But my inquisitor's a female qunari. No Cullen romance for her, because he's apparently weirded out by a seven-foot-tall muscular woman with giant horns who can shoot fire with her mind, melting into a puddle of googly eyes and dreamy sighs around him. :c No idea why..... *long-suffering sigh* (I know there's a mod to let any race - or gender, for that matter - romance Cullen, but it works out better this way in headcanon.)

Responsible? Who said anything about being responsible? :D

Quinn: I did.

...you know she's taken a lot of pictures of your various vacations with her characters, right?

Quinn: Yes, being the Roaming Quinn Gnome. At least I somehow managed to lose the hat along the way.

[pssst, Nightfrogger, if you ever get a chance, take more pictures with the gnome hat!]

Quinn: What was that!?

Nothiiiiing ~

Quinn: *FACEPALM*

Edited by Jagaimee

But my inquisitor's a female qunari. No Cullen romance for her, because he's apparently weirded out by a seven-foot-tall muscular woman with giant horns who can shoot fire with her mind, melting into a puddle of googly eyes and dreamy sighs around him. :c No idea why..... *long-suffering sigh* (I know there's a mod to let any race - or gender, for that matter - romance Cullen, but it works out better this way in headcanon.)

Responsible? Who said anything about being responsible? :D

Quinn: I did.

...you know she's taken a lot of pictures of your various vacations with her characters, right?

Quinn: Yes, being the Roaming Quinn Gnome. At least I somehow managed to lose the hat along the way.

[pssst, Nightfrogger, if you ever get a chance, take more pictures with the gnome hat!]

Quinn: What was that!?

Nothiiiiing ~

Quinn: *FACEPALM*

I think he will be pleased to note that is one of the very very few armor sets I do not own, so no gnome hat I am afraid :( Though to be fair I am dragging him through Hoth right now...

Edited by Nightfrogger

You and me both. My subscription ran out yesterday - and I promptly lost access to the forum. Half the reason I resubscribed for two months is because I can't post here without it. (The other half is to finally finish KOTFE/KOTET. Yes, I still haven't done that. I've been rather distracted with Dragon Age Inquisition...whoops.)

Anyways...

Remember, guys, that datamined information is *always* subject to change. Case in point: the entirety of chapter twelve of KOTFE.

And who knows, maybe this Alliance Alert actually IS fully voiced. Wouldn't that be awesome? If it was, I'd be really, REALLY happy they're bringing LI's back that way - now they don't have to shoehorn them into the overarching story, and they can carefully craft a "meaningful" return for them.

........okay, yeah, at this point that just seems like hopeful wishing, but...well, it's not set in stone yet.

I've calmed down some. I didn't know Chapter 12 was redone, but I'm not holding out hope for 5.4 as we're, what two weeks away? Still ... I won't play Umbara until I know what comes after. So, we'll see.