Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

Done! Thanks for the link.

So seeing JennyFlynn's lovely link reminded me. I actually had this wonderful artwork commissioned of my Sith Warrior getting some payback (*cough inthebedroom *cough*) for her husband's misdeeds, but I'm not sure how to share it with those here who might appreciate it without almost certainly breaking forum rules. ><

Done! Thanks for the link.

So seeing JennyFlynn's lovely link reminded me. I actually had this wonderful artwork commissioned of my Sith Warrior getting some payback (*cough inthebedroom *cough*) for her husband's misdeeds, but I'm not sure how to share it with those here who might appreciate it without almost certainly breaking forum rules. ><

I say add a little warning and share. :p People who click it do so at their own peril, it's not like they're forcefully confronted with it right here in the post. And I'm curious now so. :D

Here's a bit of fun for everyone: Raise your hands if while Vette was talking about a "certain someone waiting on you hand and foot, maybe with a shock collar" you TOTALLY imagined having fun with Quinn using Vette's shock collar.

I have no shame. :p

Hey! If romanced Vette can find excitement with her collar at the end of HER romance line, why can't we with Quinn?

I shall linger this thread as I watch Quinn try to keep his professionalism around my Jugg in the SoR intro.

Ah! I ever did get to see this version. Mine was one of those that was bugged and never got that extra dialog.

Here is the link to make life easier for those who want to boost Mal...you'll have to scroll down a bit to see it.

https://www.facebook.com/starwarstheoldrepublic/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE&fref=nf

I checked out the link, but I don't think I can vote. I'm one of the last people left on earth who doesn't have a facebook account. :o

Well then let's get going. Bioware must know the power of our love for Quinn so that they give him all the dialog! So what is your favorite Quinn moment?

Shadow of Revan(?) intro where he starts to say "My Love" and corrects himself to "My Lord" at the last instant. Particularly hilarious since the scene was bugged when I played it and he was in full uniform minus pants :)

Here's a bit of fun for everyone: Raise your hands if while Vette was talking about a "certain someone waiting on you hand and foot, maybe with a shock collar" you TOTALLY imagined having fun with Quinn using Vette's shock collar.

I have no shame. :p

Hey! If romanced Vette can find excitement with her collar at the end of HER romance line, why can't we with Quinn?

I was actually thinking of ordering him to take off my boots and rub my feet. It's like work conquering the galaxy. x)

in full uniform minus pants

/gigglesnort

Edited by grania

Aside from all the romantic moments, kisses, fade to black etc...my favorite moment is when you're with him in the plant that has been rigged to blow (during the hunt for the generals on Taris) and time is ticking down and you're trying to get into the safe room, and SW says. "If you have anything to say, now is the time." And Quinn goes..."I think you know how I feel." I thought it was adorable. :o

First time I had that bit pop up I was surprised enough I accidentally swallowed my chewing gum as I didn't remember any flirty dialog happening much at that point and figured I clicked wrong somewhere.

And I commented on the SWTOR facebook page, and also was surprised to find out several of my cousins are on it. Why is it on things like this I find those rare bits we have something in common other than being related?

Raise your hands if while Vette was talking about a "certain someone waiting on you hand and foot, maybe with a shock collar" you TOTALLY imagined having fun with Quinn using Vette's shock collar.

*Hand raise*

Okaaaay... If you want to see something along this vein.

Well far be it from me to post something that (even censored as it is) would break the rules.

However, I cannot control what consenting adults choose to type into their web browser. There's this little website called deviantart.com out there. You may have heard of it. I definitely wouldn't advise anyone who doesn't want to see not safe for work things to go there though. Nope. Don't do it.

Here's some random letters:

WhatWebsiteMightYouPutHere.com??/art/Commission-for-aetheldeviant-561807227

Edited by aethell

*Hand raise*

Well far be it from me to post something that (even censored as it is) would break the rules.

However, I cannot control what consenting adults choose to type into their web browser. There's this little website called deviantart.com out there. You may have heard of it. I definitely wouldn't advise anyone who doesn't want to see not safe for work things to go there though. Nope. Don't do it.

Well put and that's some great artwork. I realize it wasn't drawn by you but that's pretty awesome! If only I could draw... though it's probably a good thing I can't because oy. :o

*Hand raise*

*peeks between fingers*

I appreciate the warning, my kids are like psychics when it comes me looking at things I don't want them to see :D Oh and of course, my husband pulls in the driveway..

I actually think it's better strategy to keep Quinn alive to spite Baras after getting him on your side. Quinn is basically 'the brains' of the operation and without him, SW is hurt because he no longer has his strategist/analyst if he would kill him.

And I don't see killing Quinn as a strategic move. Even without a romance, he offers plenty in terms of his skill and knowledge so I'd sooner put him in his place with a very firm "Don't you EVER..." than kill him off. [snip] There's just a lot of variables to the situation, especially for Quinn so I've always struggled to fully fault him for the betrayal.

And there's certainly debate to be had as to the best strategy for dealing with a betrayal by Quinn vs. Senya or SCORPIO or Koth. Would anyone say SCORPIO wasn't a clever strategist? Would anyone argue Quinn isn't interested in self-improvement? Don't you think a case can be made that their betrayals have many similarities? Was Quinn's loyalty to Baras out of respect, or out of fear? Does it even compare to Senya's love for her son? Is it ok to forgive Senya's betrayal because its a mother's love, and not forgive Quinn's betrayal because it was loyalty to a benefactor? Is her betrayal, justifiable or not, forgivable or not, any less dangerous for the security of your operation than Quinn's was at that time?

I just don't think its fair to characterize the sentiments of anyone who wants to execute Quinn as revenge simply on face value. Certainly some individual players may headcannon it as a revenge move, just as the two of you have characterized it as a forgivable survival strategy, but others may view his execution as needed for the security of the Empire. Sith often act on revenge, but that does not mean their executions are purely vengeful. I think if Star Wars has shown us anything, the Sith are always planning many moves in advance. Living in the moment and listening to the Living Force, the Jedi way, requires a degree of surrender of control that Sith aren't willing to give.

Assuming that Quinn....

1) Did something really amazing to make up for his earlier betrayal and

2) Had a darn good reason for not contacting me for years

...I could see my way to forgive him and rekindle the romance.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

And Quinn's ahead on Twitter. I don't even have a facebook >.>

*Hand raise*

That's some nifty artwork :D Thanks! It took me a few tries to get the link work, but well worth it :D

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

And Quinn's ahead on Twitter. I don't even have a facebook >.>

Thanks! I checked Twitter and dropped in my vote! <3 Edited by Lunafox

And there's certainly debate to be had as to the best strategy for dealing with a betrayal by Quinn vs. Senya or SCORPIO or Koth. Would anyone say SCORPIO wasn't a clever strategist? Would anyone argue Quinn isn't interested in self-improvement? Don't you think a case can be made that their betrayals have many similarities? Was Quinn's loyalty to Baras out of respect, or out of fear? Does it even compare to Senya's love for her son? Is it ok to forgive Senya's betrayal because its a mother's love, and not forgive Quinn's betrayal because it was loyalty to a benefactor? Is her betrayal, justifiable or not, forgivable or not, any less dangerous for the security of your operation than Quinn's was at that time?

I just don't think its fair to characterize the sentiments of anyone who wants to execute Quinn as revenge simply on face value. Certainly some individual players may headcannon it as a revenge move, just as the two of you have characterized it as a forgivable survival strategy, but others may view his execution as needed for the security of the Empire. Sith often act on revenge, but that does not mean their executions are purely vengeful. I think if Star Wars has shown us anything, the Sith are always planning many moves in advance. Living in the moment and listening to the Living Force, the Jedi way, requires a degree of surrender of control that Sith aren't willing to give.

Well I don't judge anyone who does want to execute Quinn. I likely wouldn't agree with it, or see it that way myself but every single player is entitled to their own head-cannon and reasons. I think the point in this thread specifically though is that we purely wish to focus on enjoying and loving Quinn without being hammered by the usual "Boo Quinn kill murder slice dice and space him!!" crowd. That's not to say others aren't allowed to dislike him, just that this isn't the thread for that sort of talk.

Just a bit of feels, especially that very last panel at the bottom... :(

Oh no, I wish I was that good haha. I'm just a fan of Aemixx's entire Wrath/Quinn comic series on deviantart. You can check all of them out here, they're so good. ♥

33 - [spoilers] Social Media

this one is my absolute fave. Darth Vow-wow-wow!!

darth ravage is a d***(again)

:t_biggrin::t_biggrin::t_biggrin::t_biggrin:

Edited by Ralei

I'd have to say my only issue with the Kill Quinn folks is the rather detailed gruesome vitriol they tend to post about it while acting like the betrayal was a personal attack against them as a person. I'm not a squeamish person, I usually watch loads of horror films, the gorier the better and have taken a few college level forensic classes. It's fine to dislike a companion regardless of the reasons, I know some here can't understand my intense dislike of Corso Riggs or why I'm so creeped out by Vector, but the intensity of the Quinn hate for as long as it's been going on since the beta does tend to unnerve me.

Case in point, I'm avoiding the Quinn hate thread because I know I'm going to see some posts in there that'd make me wonder if anyone's a budding serial killer because of the amount of gleeful torture they're describing.

Oh no, I wish I was that good haha. I'm just a fan of Aemixx's entire Wrath/Quinn comic series on deviantart. You can check all of them out here, they're so good. ♥

I can't remember when I stumbled across that during some insomnia browsing around and ended up bookmarking it. I wish she eventually resumes it.

Well I don't judge anyone who does want to execute Quinn. I likely wouldn't agree with it, or see it that way myself but every single player is entitled to their own head-cannon and reasons. I think the point in this thread specifically though is that we purely wish to focus on enjoying and loving Quinn without being hammered by the usual "Boo Quinn kill murder slice dice and space him!!" crowd. That's not to say others aren't allowed to dislike him, just that this isn't the thread for that sort of talk.

Just a bit of feels, especially that very last panel at the bottom... :(

I read all of her comics over dinner tonight. So talented and that last panel was really sad. I could totally see all the scenes she had included in her strip as being stuff that Bioware left out and shouldn't have.

And yes, that was my hope for this thread, just fans that adore the character sharing that, kind of like a fan club would. We all have this amazing character in common, that we love. As you say the other camp have their reasons, and if they want to enjoy then let them, in their own thread :D I don't particularly care for the torture talk, so I'm steering clear of their thread. :)

Edited by Lunafox