Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

Theron: I hate that look. You’re planning something evil.

Quinn: I know what you’re thinking: “Since when do Imperials not plan something evil?”

Theron: Well, duh. A minute ago you were all despondent over moving that warrior…ugh, you’re up to something. Guardian to A6.

Quinn: Warrior takes pawn at G7. Check.

Theron: Chancellor to D8.

Quinn: “Chancellor?”

Theron: Your “Emperor.”

Quinn: My Emperor was a homicidal maniac. Your Chancellor was…also a homicidal maniac, albeit on a much smaller scale. *raises eyebrow* They also had egos the size of your shoulder pads.

Theron: *dead serious* That was low.

Quinn: Darth to F6. Check.

Theron: …seriously. My guardian takes your Darth at F6. *surveys the board* Wow. I really didn’t expect you to lose that easily. I mean…you hardly have any significant pieces left. No lords, one inquisitor, no Darth…ha. *starts to smirk* If only you hadn’t wasted time moving that pawn to E5, you might have….*begins to realize what Quinn set up* …m-might…have……. :mon_trap:

[Quinn’s lowly pawn stopped Theron’s Grandmaster [queen] from taking Quinn’s warrior [knight]. That forced Theron to move his Chancellor [king] to D8…walking him right into the trap for a perfect checkmate.]

Quinn: *evil grin* “Wasted time”? Oh, I beg to differ.

Theron: Wh…what…no. Oh no no no no no that’s not possible what even how did you what no oh no…

Quinn: Inquisitor to E7. Checkmate.

Theron: I don’t…how…*stares in numb amazement* …wow. Just…wow.

Quinn: I win.

Theron: *blankly* …yes, yes you do…

Quinn: Well then…?

Theron: *sigh* …this is your thread.

Quinn: And…?

Theron: And I’m just hitching a ride for a while. You’re in charge.

Quinn: Don’t ever forget it.

TA-DAAAAAA! :D

So, the game that they were playing...

is called The Immortal Game. Evidently it's one of the most famous chess games in all history.

I had never even heard of it before - of all things - playing Dragon Age: Inquisition. Solas and Iron Bull, two of your companions, start playing a chess game in their heads while they're out and about in your party. It happens to be The Immortal Game. Here's a representation of it, with voiceovers from Inquisition as the characters talk. (Warning: spoilers for Iron Bull's character arc, and - probably - a certain revelation about Solas. Also, a bit of language, which tends to be EMPHASIZED given Iron Bull's...accent/way of speaking/I don't even know what that is.)

A lot of Quinn and Theron's back-and-forth banter came from Solas and Iron Bull talking, as well. XD

Quinn: I know what you’re thinking: “Since when do Imperials not plan something evil?”

Theron: Well, duh. A minute ago you were all despondent over moving that warrior…ugh, you’re up to something. Guardian to A6.

Quinn: My Emperor was a homicidal maniac. Your Chancellor was…also a homicidal maniac, albeit on a much smaller scale. *raises eyebrow* They also had egos the size of your shoulder pads.

Theron: …seriously. My guardian takes your Darth at F6. *surveys the board* Wow. I really didn’t expect you to lose that easily. I mean…you hardly have any significant pieces left. No lords, one inquisitor, no Darth…ha. *starts to smirk* If only you hadn’t wasted time moving that pawn to E5, you might have….*begins to realize what Quinn set up* …m-might…have……. :mon_trap:

[Quinn’s lowly pawn stopped Theron’s Grandmaster [queen] from taking Quinn’s warrior [knight]. That forced Theron to move his Chancellor [king] to D8…walking him right into the trap for a perfect checkmate.]

Theron: Wh…what…no. Oh no no no no no that’s not possible what even how did you what no oh no…

So, the game that they were playing...

is called The Immortal Game. Evidently it's one of the most famous chess games in all history.

I had never even heard of it before - of all things - playing Dragon Age: Inquisition. Solas and Iron Bull, two of your companions, start playing a chess game in their heads while they're out and about in your party. It happens to be The Immortal Game. Here's a representation of it, with voiceovers from Inquisition as the characters talk. (Warning: spoilers for Iron Bull's character arc, and - probably - a certain revelation about Solas. Also, a bit of language, which tends to be EMPHASIZED given Iron Bull's...accent/way of speaking/I don't even know what that is.)

A lot of Quinn and Theron's back-and-forth banter came from Solas and Iron Bull talking, as well. XD

*claps and squees* That was the most entertaining round of chess I've ever witnessed! Congratulations to our Quinn! And what would our dear major like as his prize?

And better luck next time Theron, you are a welcome and entertaining addition. Perhaps, next time Theron, you can choose the game or I can. Maybe strip poker...which the two of you will play under the influence of...krigee! While all of us watch. :rak_09:

*claps and squees* That was the most entertaining round of chess I've ever witnessed! Congratulations to our Quinn! And what would our dear major like as his prize?

And better luck next time Theron, you are a welcome and entertaining addition. Perhaps, next time Theron, you can choose the game or I can. Maybe strip poker...which the two of you will play under the influence of...krigee! While all of us watch. :rak_09:

Quinn: Well, I--

Theron: Here goes the preening.

Quinn: I thought we had just agreed I was in charge here?

Theron: Of cooooouuurrrse. But I can still snark.

Quinn: ...wonderful. As for a prize... *bows* My lord, all I could ever ask as a prize is your favour.

Theron: Rather smarmy for--wait, "favour?"

Quinn: That's the proper way to spell it.

Theron: "Favor."

Quinn: ...o-u-r.

Theron: *glares*

If it helps, I spell it "favor" and "color"...but then I spell "behaviour" with an o-u-r...

Quinn: You're going to give me a headache.

Theron: Nah, kri'gee will give you a headache.

Quinn: You're speaking from experience, I take it.

Theron: ... *awkward flashback*

Theron: To victory.

Jace Malcom: To victory.

*they both drink*

Theron: *COUGH CHOKE COUGH WOW WHAT EVEN IS THIS GARGLEBLASTER*

Jace: ...sorry, should've warned you. By the way, I knew your mother--

Theron: Oh--*cough*--really--?

Jace: Uh...

Theron: ...that was a *cough* euphemism, *choke* wasn't it. *cough choke*

Jace: ...well...

Theron: Don't--*choke cough*--tell me--

Jace: Theron, I am your father.

Theron: ...... *disbelieving choke*

*HEADACHE*

Quinn: ...my word.

Theron: It felt like my brain was sending a strongly-worded letter of resignation. Repeatedly.

Edited by Jagaimee

Quinn: Well, I--

Theron: Here goes the preening.

Quinn: I thought we had just agreed I was in charge here?

Theron: Of cooooouuurrrse. But I can still snark.

Quinn: ...wonderful. As for a prize... *bows* My lord, all I could ever ask as a prize is your favour.

Theron: Rather smarmy for--wait, "favour?"

Quinn: That's the proper way to spell it.

Theron: "Favor."

Quinn: ...o-u-r.

Theron: *glares*

If it helps, I spell it "favor" and "color"...but then I spell "behaviour" with an o-u-r...

Quinn: You're going to give me a headache.

Theron: Nah, kri'gee will give you a headache.

Quinn: You're speaking from experience, I take it.

Theron: ... *awkward flashback*

Theron: To victory.

Jace Malcom: To victory.

*they both drink*

Theron: *COUGH CHOKE COUGH WOW WHAT EVEN IS THIS GARGLEBLASTER*

Jace: ...sorry, should've warned you. By the way, I knew your mother--

Theron: Oh--*cough*--really--?

Jace: Uh...

Theron: ...that was a *cough* euphemism, *choke* wasn't it. *cough choke*

Jace: ...well...

Theron: Don't--*choke cough*--tell me--

Jace: Theron, I am your father.

Theron: ...... *disbelieving choke*

Quinn: ...my word.

Theron: It felt like my brain was sending a strongly-worded letter of resignation. Repeatedly.

Favour you say? You might want to define your terms, a few of us with naughty minds have fun ideas of what constitutes favour ;)

Quinn: Do you have a wardrobe full of identical jackets?

Theron: No! ........maybe.

I have a feeling Quinn would actually approved of that. Instead of wasting your brain power on "what do I wear today", you grab one of the same, and your mind can start doing productive stuff. :D

As for his reasons, he played the "Baras is my true master" because he knew if he told her the truth (which he did later) "Baras will torture my brother for weeks before finally killing him", she'd try to convince him they could save his brother AND he'd lose the surprise factor. He's fully aware without it he wouldn't be able to beat her.

For my Malavai it was "kill beloved woman quickly and painlessly" vs. "younger brother endlessly tortured by Baras". Not his favourite choice of options :(

Trooper was fun when you played as a relentless flirt, watching him get jealous was priceless.

Also this insane cxp from daily planets is awesome. Finally got someone to 300 :)

Trooper was my first character ever, and I didn't know how romances worked yet, so I thought every time I flister with Balkar, Jorgan disapproved because he thought it was unprofessional. Much much later I thought that maybe he was jealous.

Grats on 300!!

My suggestion of chess was brought to life purple & blue style! Yay!! :D Absolutely brilliant.

I love Quinn however I think Theron may have the upper hand when it comes to strategy. Malavai was on occasion surprised by some of the things the warrior did, whereas Theron would most likely have seen them coming. Having said that, Malavai almost always kept a cool head. Theron is frequently seen panicking (especially in KOTET). Can't wait to see who wins. Maybe it will end in a stalemate...

I think it's the opposite. Malavai knows strategy and tricks, but warrior (at least mine) doesn't, and she's chaotic and does unexpected things. Things no trained soldier would think of.

While Theron is a spy: he must improvise a lot. Nothing surprises him any more.

My favour...I believe that can be arranged, Major. And this Kri'gee seems to have interesting reactions even prior to partaking.

And I want the both of you to know, that I did notice you allowed the strip poker suggestion to fall unanswered. :cool:

Strip backgammon then? Or perhaps strip monopoly--the core worlds version.

Or better yet...strip snakes and ladders. Now that conjures some extraordinary imagery...:o

I have a feeling Quinn would actually approved of that. Instead of wasting your brain power on "what do I wear today", you grab one of the same, and your mind can start doing productive stuff. :D

It makes me think of the scene in Star Trek Beyond, where Kirk has like a zillion outfits/uniforms all the same. I can see it being like that for our Major and newly acquired SIS agent. :)

PS. My gods, only 75K more views and we've eclipsed the SWTOR Community thread. Think we can do it? Think the devs might talk to us then? :D:eek::p

Edited by Lunafox

My favour...I believe that can be arranged, Major. And this Kri'gee seems to have interesting reactions even prior to partaking.

And I want the both of you to know, that I did notice you allowed the strip poker suggestion to fall unanswered. :cool:

Or better yet...strip snakes and ladders. Now that conjures some extraordinary imagery...:o

Apparently Quinn was indulging in a little strip pazak...or chess....before he headed to Oricon with my SW today....

And no one bothered to give him his clothes back before returning to duty...

Of course, it's just the pre- vs post-Iokath Quinn thing since they used two different models for him.

Oricon is obviously still using the pre-Iokath model...which, once you do Iokath, it gets stripped naked. (Not that I'm minding one bit :D:cool:)

Apparently Quinn was indulging in a little strip pazak...or chess....before he headed to Oricon with my SW today....

Of course, it's just the pre- vs post-Iokath Quinn thing since they used two different models for him.

Oricon is obviously still using the pre-Iokath model...which, once you do Iokath, it gets stripped naked. (Not that I'm minding one bit :D:cool:)

Mmmm, I don't mind one bit. Not at all. Darth Lunafox approves. *nods sagely*

So wait, after you do Iokath, all previous Quinns are naked... with default look?

I DO mind that :(

Glad my warrior has done everything, and thanks for the warning not to make that mistake, if I want to replay Iokath on any of my "spare" warriors before doing other parts of the story.

So wait, after you do Iokath, all previous Quinns are naked... with default look?

I DO mind that :(

Glad my warrior has done everything, and thanks for the warning not to make that mistake, if I want to replay Iokath on any of my "spare" warriors before doing other parts of the story.

Yeah, this Warrior I actually started KotFE, then jumped right to Iokath as soon as they settled in Odessen. Part of my head-canon where she refused to care a whit about Valky and his kids unless Lana and Theron found her husband. I totally skipped over Oricon because...well...I usually do because it's too frustrating for me to get almost all the way through it and not be able to finish because it ends in an Op (which I don't do). Only reason I decided to go there was for the many many CXPs it's doling out now.

Yeah, this Warrior I actually started KotFE, then jumped right to Iokath as soon as they settled in Odessen. Part of my head-canon where she refused to care a whit about Valky and his kids unless Lana and Theron found her husband. I totally skipped over Oricon because...well...I usually do because it's too frustrating for me to get almost all the way through it and not be able to finish because it ends in an Op (which I don't do). Only reason I decided to go there was for the many many CXPs it's doling out now.

BTW, sorry I wasn't chatty yesterday in whispers. You caught me when we were trying to tackle Umbara FP Master Mode, getting the second boss down.

800K repair bill, and we didn't kill him :cool: LOL

Yay! Quinn wins \o/. I had my doubts given Theron's penchant for getting out of tight spots (like Rishii) but this is Quinn's thread so he must always win. Temporary asylum for you Theron - be grateful we don't make you sleep on the floor or worse, clean 2V-R8s floors :p

Big thanks to you Jagaimee for making Quinn vs Shan chess happen :)

BTW, sorry I wasn't chatty yesterday in whispers. You caught me when we were trying to tackle Umbara FP Master Mode, getting the second boss down.

800K repair bill, and we didn't kill him :cool: LOL

Not a problem, when i saw you were in the FP, I figured that might have been the case. Hence why i didn't try to start up a conversation. :)

Just wrapped up chapter 1 of the SW story :) One thing I've noticed this play through is that Nat is making dark side choices more often this time around. She's still overwhelmingly light though. She really enjoyed killing that moron Duke Kendoh, that never gets old :D Speaking of Kendoh after you off him one of his Sith guards says they'll be heading back to Drommand Kass to their master on the Dark Council. Who do you think their master is? My pick is ether Darth Vowrawn or Darth Marr. Thoughts?

Theron: Kri'gee...bleh.

Quinn: I suppose ne'tra gal* is better?

Theron: You know that stuff can knock out a rancor.

Quinn: ...as we are not rancors, I will abstain.

Theron: Now, about this poker--

Quinn: *deadpan* Strip poker.

Theron: --suggestion, uhhhhhh, how about...no? The last time I accepted an offer like that, I wound up naked in a ditch behind the Senate Building. *notices Quinn's strange look* It is a very, VERY long story.

Quinn: I don't want to know.

*yet another Mandalorian drink - ne'tra gal means "black ale."

Somehow, I wound up writing both Quinn and Theron. How'd that happen? :p Somebody yell at me if I'm being annoying...I don't want to irritate anybody. XD

Yay! Quinn wins \o/. I had my doubts given Theron's penchant for getting out of tight spots (like Rishii) but this is Quinn's thread so he must always win. Temporary asylum for you Theron - be grateful we don't make you sleep on the floor or worse, clean 2V-R8s floors :p

Big thanks to you Jagaimee for making Quinn vs Shan chess happen :)

Theron: Asylum? Only a matter of time before someone makes a "who's being committed?" joke. Anyway, thanks. :) And thanks for...uh, not making me clean the floors. Maintenance, yaaay! o_O

Heheh, welcome. XD That was fun...a welcome diversion from final exams. e_e

Speaking of Kendoh after you off him one of his Sith guards says they'll be heading back to Drommand Kass to their master on the Dark Council. Who do you think their master is? My pick is ether Darth Vowrawn or Darth Marr. Thoughts?

Funny you should ask that, because I was pondering that very question for my fanfic since FimmRess has a slightly more expanded role in my SW's visit to Alderaan. My theory was Ravage, since he is the over the Sphere of Diplomacy and Expansion, it would make sense that he would have people stationed at House Thul to keep an eye on how things develop there in the Empire's bid to take Alderaan.

Funny you should ask that, because I was pondering that very question for my fanfic since FimmRess has a slightly more expanded role in my SW's visit to Alderaan. My theory was Ravage, since he is the over the Sphere of Diplomacy and Expansion, it would make sense that he would have people stationed at House Thul to keep an eye on how things develop there in the Empire's bid to take Alderaan.

I have to admit I'm mostly clueless about the other members of the Dark Council apart from Vowrawn. Marr and Thenaton. What you say makes sense. When you think of the Sith, diplomacy isn't really the first thing that comes to mind now is it :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.