Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

Info from the bug report forum:

Quinn and Elara being no longer listed as main characters is intended. This isn't any reflection on them or their story impact, this is a change that was made to stop people from getting into a bad state where they would not acquire the Companion when they should have.

I will pass on the decoration issue to be looked into!

-eric

Yay, acknowledgment :)

Quinn and Elara being no longer listed as main characters is intended. This isn't any reflection on them or their story impact

:) Dare we have hope for more appearances by Quinn?

I am :) Well at least I am hoping for more appearances.

Next up we need is some acknowledgement that they will give Major Quinn his full name back (adding Francis as his middle name is optional :D ). If they recognise the madness of Quinnmancers they'll also announce that Pierce will permanently known as Filbert Widmark "Widdy" Pierce! Makes me laugh just thinking about that name!

And talking of things that make me laugh we've not mentioned

. It. Will. Never. Get. Old. If Vette saw it, she'd have a mockery field day (poor Quinn).

I am :) Well at least I am hoping for more appearances.

A few? couple? weeks ago I unsubbed out of annoyance about Iokath, then I got shaky and resubbed, then I hardened up again and unsubbed. If I found out Quinn was going to be in the story again I'd maybe possibly resub. Then again I said I didn't care if they added more Quinn because they'd just mess it up. Then again - QUINN.

If anyone hears anything at all about what's coming up and when, well you know where to post about it :o In the meantime, back to netflix and hyping myself up for twinpeaksseason3!! /hyper ventilates

And talking of things that make me laugh we've not mentioned

. It. Will. Never. Get. Old.

I'm pretty certain this video has most views of all my vids. I imagine it'll stay that way :D

I'm also hoping that what Eric wrote means there's going to be more Malavai for us. Even if Malavai is back where he was after I plucked him through the terminal :( there's hope I am going to have some new cutscenes with him.

If the customisation still doesn't work in new stuff... I honestly don't know what I'm going to do :(

A few? couple? weeks ago I unsubbed out of annoyance about Iokath, then I got shaky and resubbed, then I hardened up again and unsubbed. If I found out Quinn was going to be in the story again I'd maybe possibly resub. Then again I said I didn't care if they added more Quinn because they'd just mess it up. Then again - QUINN.

Did you unsub because of how they messed up Quinn's return (especially if you chose to align with the Empire)? This is bad for BW as for everyone person who posts on the forums there are probably hundreds of other people who felt the same as you and unsubbed.

If the customisation still doesn't work in new stuff... I honestly don't know what I'm going to do :(

I think (and hope) this must have been an oversight - why would they allow us customise our companions at all? It would be interesting to find out if Elara Dorne's customisation(s) worked or not. Did you put something about this failure in the bug forum? The team tend to read that. I can't actually remember if the companions I'd customised actually returned customised. I kept Quinn's, Torian's and Aric's original look and the characters I've run through for their returns, however I have a warrior with Quinn's Ilum customisation, all of my Vector's have a customisation and a couple of my Iressos and Corsos too. If they have decided to remove customisations from future cut scenes they can forget about any future subs from me.

...Did you unsub because of how they messed up Quinn's return (especially if you chose to align with the Empire)? This is bad for BW as for everyone person who posts on the forums there are probably hundreds of other people who felt the same as you and unsubbed....

I unsubbed after the Iokath "experience" - my sub is up on the 27th. Earlier this year, I resubbed to support my favorite Companion's return with hopes of future missing Companions returning as well. Unfortunately, the current writing just isn't the same writing that got me vested in Companions in the first place, and so I lost all interest in Quinn and the rest of the missing Companions... and I hate it. Quinn's (and Dorne's) return was nonsensical and outright lazy, and I will not support BW with my money by staying subscribed with the hopes of a continuation of their "new" watered-down/Cliff's Notes versions of their personalities and the personalities of the still-missing Companions.

Edited by Edyn

I think (and hope) this must have been an oversight - why would they allow us customise our companions at all? It would be interesting to find out if Elara Dorne's customisation(s) worked or not. Did you put something about this failure in the bug forum? The team tend to read that. I can't actually remember if the companions I'd customised actually returned customised. I kept Quinn's, Torian's and Aric's original look and the characters I've run through for their returns, however I have a warrior with Quinn's Ilum customisation, all of my Vector's have a customisation and a couple of my Iressos and Corsos too. If they have decided to remove customisations from future cut scenes they can forget about any future subs from me.

I didn't start a thread about it in the bug forum, but someone did, and I added my vote, and there was a third vote after mine. Not sure anyone else posted later, and the thread slipped off the first page.

Everyone else I had customised worked in KOTFE. In KOTET SCORPIO doesn't any more. Probably because she's not a companion but an NPC, which is why I suspect same happened here. Quinn is not our companion but a copy/paste of Balmorra NPC. Even when you look at his deco, he wears his Lieutenant uniform from Balmorra, without the captain shoulder pad thingies.

I hope now that he is a companion, the customs will work, but I don't trust them any more. One thing I wasn't worried about with his return turned out to be true.

:) Dare we have hope for more appearances by Quinn?

I sure hope so. It wouldn't be the same for me without him and I feel like other classes got somewhat more out of their reunions that we Quinnmancers did.

Okay got new chapter posted and going to bed. Should anyone wish to read it, I hope you enjoy. Mild flirting so no filter needed for this one.

Welcome Aboard Captain http://disantia.deviantart.com/art/Welcome-Aboard-Captain-679757829

And with that time to get five hours of sleep and be the caffeine avenger at work again.

Edited by Nightfrogger

Did you unsub because of how they messed up Quinn's return (especially if you chose to align with the Empire)? This is bad for BW as for everyone person who posts on the forums there are probably hundreds of other people who felt the same as you and unsubbed.

I know I did. Got a few days left and I think that's it for me. They managed to destroy the last thing keeping me here, really. My guildies gave up gaming a long time ago and I was here waiting for my two favorites to return. I was so hyped to get them both at the same time and...well, it turned out as it did, I already said how disappointed I am and I guess there are no hopes of this being fixed.

At the same time I noticed they changed the beginning scenes for each class and I am sitting here wodering...who the hell thought that adding additional lines for NPCs we never get to see after the intruduction is more important than making our reunions with original comapnions make SENSE? :(

I know I did. Got a few days left and I think that's it for me. They managed to destroy the last thing keeping me here, really. My guildies gave up gaming a long time ago and I was here waiting for my two favorites to return. I was so hyped to get them both at the same time and...well, it turned out as it did, I already said how disappointed I am and I guess there are no hopes of this being fixed.

At the same time I noticed they changed the beginning scenes for each class and I am sitting here wodering...who the hell thought that adding additional lines for NPCs we never get to see after the intruduction is more important than making our reunions with original comapnions make SENSE? :(

I haven't noticed the additional lines for NPCs as I generally skip through those as I've done all classes before so it seems a waste of money that could have been better used making the Iokath story more fulfilling.

You've summed up how a lot of people (myself included) feel about the return of Quinn (and to a lesser extent Dorne). Love or hate Quinn it's pretty clear he was the companion that got people's attention and people talking the most yet someone at Bioware decided he did not deserve the same or better attention than was given to Kaliyo/Aric/Torian/Vette/Theron/Lana. Even the hated (for many) Koth got much better story lines as did all the returned droids (SCORPIO was made a much a centre as Lana and Theron and she was originally borderline melt-her-down fodder). To make matters worse they have not even bothered to address whether things like no customisation for cut scenes were intended or whether there will be any substantial future. My sub is up around 5th June and unless some good news is forthcoming that will most likely be it for me too.

I guess I am going to remain probably too hopeful until more content actually arives. I am waiting for the next live stream or major update that they post about. Keep on hoping that they will respond to this thread or at least acknowledging our existance. Are you watching Keith? We almost make 400 pages, we spend months rarely leaving the front page. We would love some answers hun. Edited by Nightfrogger

I haven't noticed the additional lines for NPCs as I generally skip through those as I've done all classes before so it seems a waste of money that could have been better used making the Iokath story more fulfilling.

There are no additional lines for NPC's. Only the cinematics have changed; none of the dialogue is any different.

I guess I am going to remain probably too hopeful until more content actually arives. I am waiting for the next live stream or major update until that they post. Keep on hoping that they will respond to this thread or at least acknowledging our existance. Are you watching Keith? We almost make 400 pages, we spend months rarely leaving the front page. We would love some answers hun.

I agree, it would be nice to know what they're planning on doing...because Quinn and SW didn't get an adequate story together, not like the other classes, and for that matter Iokath was 'wanting' because it was short and unfulfilling in many ways and I wonder if there will be more coming, and particularly if Quinn will get more of a part in things.

It also sticks in me that they shortened his name to Quinn and took away his rank. It would be nice to have that back.

My warrior is still in the middle of KOTET and I haven't played her in weeks. I just lost all motivation I guess. I'm actually not sure I want to take her to Iokath afterall. I finally went ahead and just watched all the videos about Quinn on Youtube, good and bad. (Teverson did an amazing job, btw.) Silly as it may seem, I'm just not super psyched about getting an inferior version of Quinn back. I want him standing in my stronghold, in the clothes I put on him; I want his mouth to move when he speaks; I want his full name showing; I want to hear his landscape comments.

I'm torn though. I only have one female warrior.

I'm also bummed and regretting romancing Theron on her. I hope the fact that we can't break up with him like we are supposed to is actually intentional and not a bug, because (hear me out here) it means that more Iokath-related story is coming, and that's where the break-up is intended to go.

I'm getting nervous about future companions now. My Corso has been using a customization for 5 and half years! Any other Corso is not MY Corso and my smuggler is my main. :(

I'm also scared now that they are going to do something horrible to Scourge, who is one of my favorite companions.

<sigh>

I have two male sith warriors, one that hasn't gone through KOTFE/KOTET yet and is light sided (Veng Jugg), and one who was full darkside and has completed through KOTFE/KOTET and the base Iokath story (Carnage Mara).

I have to admit, I had been planning all along, once I knew it was a choice, to execute Quinn at the earliest opportunity with my dark sided SW ... but I was actually moved by his reasons for not locating me sooner and ended up forgiving him (something I already intended to do with my light sided SW once I get there.) I mean, its all easily verifiable information, and in fact my competent Eternal Empire associates did such a check on him post-story.

So, there's that. I don't hate him nearly as much as I thought I would. So, Skadge is still #1 on the "would love to flush out an airlock" list.

Edited by phalczen

I have two male sith warriors, one that hasn't gone through KOTFE/KOTET yet and is light sided (Veng Jugg), and one who was full darkside and has completed through KOTFE/KOTET and the base Iokath story (Carnage Mara).

I have to admit, I had been planning all along, once I knew it was a choice, to execute Quinn at the earliest opportunity with my dark sided SW ... but I was actually moved by his reasons for not locating me sooner and ended up forgiving him (something I already intended to do with my light sided SW once I get there.) I mean, its all easily verifiable information, and in fact my competent Eternal Empire associates did such a check on him post-story.

So, there's that. I don't hate him nearly as much as I thought I would. So, Skadge is still #1 on the "would love to flush out an airlock" list.

Thanks for sharing that. :D I thought his reasons for not finding us sooner were well done too. Watch out we might make a Quinnmancer of you yet! Cookie? Virtual autographed poster of Malavai Quinn? :p

So, there's that. I don't hate him nearly as much as I thought I would.

Welcome to the Quinn side :D I think phalczen may be worthy of a purple-Quinn-forever-grateful signed poster! I think I'd actually like to watch a video of a non-romanced companion who welcome's Quinn back.

Skadge is still #1 on the "would love to flush out an airlock" list.

You can! :rak_04: However there are others that don't know this hence spoiler tags

I'm also bummed and regretting romancing Theron on her. I hope the fact that we can't break up with him like we are supposed to is actually intentional and not a bug, because (hear me out here) it means that more Iokath-related story is coming, and that's where the break-up is intended to go.

I hope that is the case, as well. Theron's story became pretty serious with Iokath (if you side Empire, which most warriors probably do), so the short little breakup scene with him from previous companions would have felt insufficient. Especially since they've got your character saying "I love you"s to him as default now lol.

I'm just imagining a full on 3 way day time tv brawl between Warrior Quinn and Theron and its pretty great they should totally do that. :D

I'm also scared now that they are going to do something horrible to Scourge, who is one of my favorite companions.

<sigh>

I'm scared of that too, terrified actually because he deserves to have an amazing return story, cause Force knows they've chintzed out on anything pertaining to him.

I'm mainly concerned because of what the stupid Chiss Jedi I didn't want, said about him back on Odessen when my Jedi asked about him. She said something to the effect that he 'd gone off to find a way to die or something. It's been a while, I should really go and see if she still says that. I freaked when I heard it. They'd better not kill him off.

:(

Edited by Lunafox

I'm scared of that too, terrified actually because he deserves to have an amazing return story, cause Force knows they've chintzed out on anything pertaining to him.

I'm mainly concerned because of what the stupid Chiss Jedi I didn't want, said about him back on Odessen when my Jedi asked about him. She said something to the effect that he 'd gone off to find a way to die or something. It's been a while, I should really go and see if she still says that. I freaked when I heard it. They'd better not kill him off.

:(

I think she actually says he's looking for a way to end his suffering .. which is not necessarily dying. I think Scourge would totally try to regain a way for him to feel again rather than dying.

I think she actually says he's looking for a way to end his suffering .. which is not necessarily dying. I think Scourge would totally try to regain a way for him to feel again rather than dying.

Yeah, this is how I interpreted her remarks. I actually took it as a positive sign at the time that he was searching for a cure from the Emperor's curse and not "trying to end it all."

My biggest worry is that they will gate him behind this new choosing Empire/Republic thing and you won't be able to get him back unless you are darkside/Empire-aligned. My knight is neutral, leaning light (well technically light V now, but that's due to game mechanics only.) What I love about Scourge is that he doesn't always agree with me, and provides an alternative perspective. His conversations were so full of philosophical discussions and it wouldn't be the same if I was required to agree with everything he said. My knight and Scourge balanced each other out. :o It's a dynamic I enjoyed and I'd hate to lose it. I refuse to take my knight through ANY fallen empire stuff until I see what happens with Scourge.