Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

...Though it will be interesting to see how Scourge's return plays out given the SW replaced him as Wrath. :)

With the generic class writing in KOTFE/ET, I'd be surprised as hell if/when Scourge returns that they even make a reference to the fact that the past Wrath is meeting the last Wrath.

With the generic class writing in KOTFE/ET, I'd be surprised as hell if/when Scourge returns that they even make a reference to the fact that the past Wrath is meeting the last Wrath.

You're right it is too much to hope for isn't it? Oh well...

I absolutely must have Vector back and I don't care who he shows up with. I feel greedy to hope he comes back next, being that I'm getting Quinn in a month and he's always been my favorite.

So, I'm hoping it will be Vector and Kira after Quinn and Dorne. Not cause I care about Kira, but because I know she's highly anticipated and I keep thinking of Vector and Kira together for no particular reason. Maybe like the way Satele found us passed out on Odessen - maybe Kira finds Vector passed out in the wilderness somewhere and nurses him back to health. *shrug*

After that, I don't care. Scourge will be fun to meet on my warrior, romance or no (and I'm crossing my fingers for that). There aren't any other companions after Quinn and Vector I really must have. I'm still uncomfortable having pub comps on my imp and vice versa. Kinda wish I could shoo them back where they belong.

Even if he just stands there and doesn't say anything, it's better than leaving him behind. At least I know he's there and paying attention and assessing the situations, you know what I mean?

And I am getting deadly bored of Lana. I don't like having this bff foisted on me especially at the expense having someone with me I really like. Even if that someone doesn't speak. If they're doing it to save money, that's fine - save money on Lana lines. *I'm* not romancing her, I don't need her around 24 hours a day.

I'm especially disturbed when in one chapter you wake up and she there *in your freaking room*!!! Well, that explains why my toons sleep with weapons! :cool: And I can't even say "wth are you doing here!"

I'm especially disturbed when in one chapter you wake up and she there *in your freaking room*!!! Well, that explains why my toons sleep with weapons! :cool: And I can't even say "wth are you doing here!"

IKR, *wakes up from nightmare*

"Commander what's wrong!"

"..well I was just drea..LANAWTF"

I don't hate Lana, I don't want to kill her or anything, I'm just starting to resent being stuck with her so much. Same for Theron I guess but.. Theron's cute so I forgive him :p

But still, I want Quinn with me when he comes back. The importance of this feels more urgent for my warrior than it does for any other class I play, for some reason. It's like.. she's not completely whole without Quinn there. They just go together. :o She's not the kind of person that would trust her life to just anyone.

Late to the party but yay Quinn! Very happy to hear he and Dorne are coming back but I really don't like having to choose between them. It gives me hope that others will be returning (especially since I'd given up hope) but it also makes me apprehensive about how they'll deal with future returning companions. Did someone mention that the choice in the Battle for Iokath would affect which companions you'll get in the future? I don't like that either and I hope it's not true.

Anyway back to Quinn! I remember my first SW playthrough and the Quinn betrayal and I was SO FREAKING PISSED. There he was with those 2 damn droids and I leapt (why does this forum think that word is misspelled?) into combat and then all of a sudden the 2 droids were dead and Quinn was kneeling with no health and I'm just sitting at the computer wondering what the heck happened. I don't remember pressing any buttons or doing anything. But I forgave him - even if I did spend the next few days mentally thinking, "Dammit Quinn, WHY?!". He's one of my favorite companions.

Now if we could just get Vector, Corso and Doc back. And throw in Andronikos. I am very meh about Scourge though (sorry Lunafox!).

...I haven't gotten to KOTET yet. That actually happens!? :eek:

Knight: *wakes up* Wow, what a nightma--AUGH!!

Lana: What?

Knight: ...I thought [consular] was romancing you, not *me*. What are you doing in my room!?

Lana: You're the Outlander...

Knight: I MARRIED KIRA.

Lana: Well, yes, but that was in your class story. This is KOTFE/KOTET.

Knight: ...getoutofmyroomplease.

Lana: :(

(My knight did indeed marry Kira. His best friend, my consular, wound up romancing Lana, which I did not expect to happen at all. I blame superb voice acting from the male consular. Somehow, Nolan North can make the generic line "I have a million questions right now" sound adorably flirtatious.)

Anyways!

I wonder if hoping that Quinn a) recognizes the Warrior, b) addresses them as such (meaning, there's a distinction between a Sith warrior who romance/married him, and one who is male or just didn't romance him), and c) does not act out of character... I wonder if hoping for all three of those is too much to ask. Aric Jorgan's reunion with the trooper was extremely well done, whether the trooper was romanced or not; it was amazing. I hope Quinn's reunion with the warrior is the same.

And that we get a dialogue option of "Everyone's watching us? I don't care. [yanks Quinn in for a giant kiss]" :p

Edit: Another Quinn fan!! :D Welcome!

Quinn: Another one!?

Yes. The fangirl horde grows.

Quinn: Oh dear...

You should be flattered.

Quinn: I'm worried.

Why? We love you.

Quinn: ...that's the reason, yes.

Awwww.

Edited by Jagaimee

...I haven't gotten to KOTET yet. That actually happens!? :eek:

Knight: *wakes up* Wow, what a nightma--AUGH!!

Lana: What?

Knight: ...I thought [consular] was romancing you, not *me*. What are you doing in my room!?

Lana: You're the Outlander...

Knight: I MARRIED KIRA.

Lana: Well, yes, but that was in your class story. This is KOTFE/KOTET.

Knight: ...getoutofmyroomplease.

Lana: :(

Lol yeah ... it's like for a PC who isn't romancing Lana:

PC: *wakes up suddenly*

Lana: Is everything alright, Commander?

PC: I was having a nightmare *realises Lana is in their room* .... apparently I still am.

Anyway back to Quinn! I remember my first SW playthrough and the Quinn betrayal and I was SO FREAKING PISSED.

I was mad for a little while at first. When I did that part years ago, I only knew that *something* was going to happen, I didn't know what or whether I'd be able to avoid it.

I remember the first rakghoul event and getting the infected Quinn customization and using that for a little while. Not so much because I was mad at Quinn still, but because that's what it felt like he turned into - he went from being this extremely fun, colorful character.. to being like a silent corpse.

Welp anyway.. I'm definitely excited. And definitely appreciative of this thread so I can get my ya yas out in the meantime :)

Same here - I mentioned this a while back in another thread. Worst still my main's LI is Theron Shan - he should have been there NOT Miss Incompetence Personified Beniko so that was really annoying when I first played through.

They better not make any similar mistakes or oversights with Malavai's return. I really hope they are paying attention to this thread and reviewing what they have planned for him so his return consistent with his & the Warrior's character and to be a really good story even for the haters, especially after

how I was so looking forward to destroying Koth on my characters that were going down the hate-Koth route. I expected a really fantastic epic fight before he exiles himself or a mega fight before epic execution. Koth's end or leaving is just a pathetic meh... It's actually more satisfying when you keep Koth but punch him. I remember feeling the same when I finally got to end Baras. That saber stab just didn't do my hatred for Baras justice

I also love Aric Jorgan as a companion and LI and thought his return was really well done, so I really hope whoever wrote Aric's return is involved in Malavai's return. I did however decide

to kill Aric on my super-dark inquisitor instead of Kaliyo as it fit with how my Sdark inquisitor is. The way the did the story line for the kill Aric route is excellent as they make him come across as such an arsehole that you can't wait to kill him. It was still traumatic when I did - and I won't be doing it again.

For this reason I will never choose a kill option for Malavai - IF there is one.

(snip)

For this reason I will never choose a kill option for Malavai - IF there is one.

I just hope they don't do another Vette vs Torian thing again. Of course there would be the saving grace that you can walk strict faction lines with Malavai and Elara, although, no matter what, it would be hard to see him die, republic character or not. Dorne, not so much, sorry Elara.

Edited by MishaCantu

Yeah, that was kinda awkward.

I just imagined that she asked to come in and study the holocron with you and then you got bored and fell asleep listening to the Exposition Dump she was invariably taking. :rolleyes: For god's sake stop Lanasplaining everything to me or im not gonna make it.

I also love Aric Jorgan as a companion and LI and thought his return was really well done, so I really hope whoever wrote Aric's return is involved in Malavai's return. I did however decide

to kill Aric on my super-dark inquisitor instead of Kaliyo as it fit with how my Sdark inquisitor is. The way the did the story line for the kill Aric route is excellent as they make him come across as such an arsehole that you can't wait to kill him. It was still traumatic when I did - and I won't be doing it again.

Oh yes, that was one of the most satisfying kills in history. I hated that dude.

Honestly, I'm definitely gonna kill Quinn on my spare warrior I just leveled. I still don't know how I'm gonna play it on my main. It's hard to tell the difference between love and hate sometimes. >.>

Late to the party but yay Quinn! Very happy to hear he and Dorne are coming back but I really don't like having to choose between them. It gives me hope that others will be returning (especially since I'd given up hope) but it also makes me apprehensive about how they'll deal with future returning companions. Did someone mention that the choice in the Battle for Iokath would affect which companions you'll get in the future? I don't like that either and I hope it's not true.

I have the same problem.

I want to be on the side of the empire, but the Dorne is my second favorite female companion...

Those decisions is killing me!

But Quinn and Dorme might be reward for reputation.

It was already announced that will be a new reputation systems on Iokath.

So, maybe:

1) Do a sufficient amount of daily tasks for empire = The main reward Quinn

2) Do a sufficient amount of daily tasks for republic = The main reward Dorne

I admit it will feel wrong with my warrior's husband being back and yet I still have to go off and do every mission with LanaTheron and/or whoever. Leaving Quinn behind somewhere.. it's unfathomable and out of character. Even worse, if he only seems to know who we are half the time :(

I think that deserves another :(

In fact I'm still feeling kinda :(

*hugs* I hear you, and feel the same way. It sucks that the story forces unwanted comps on us to help. I love having Theron help, but Lana can just go away...I'm not a huge Lana fan really. It would be nice if we could take our comp of choice with Theron on a mission instead.

That's no way to talk about Kira, you big meanie. :p Nat will be most displeased (want to force choke) the Dev's if they make her pick between getting Jaesa back or getting Kira.

Sadly though I think this whole thing with Quinn and Drom will be likely how all future companion returns will go :(

Though it will be interesting to see how Scourge's return plays out given the SW replaced him as Wrath. :)

And yes I'm baacck sooner than I thought I would be. Luna I suspect may know why. ;)

That's me, big meanie Darth Lunafox. Kira is ok, but honestly I wouldn't be all that broken up if I lost her. I know there are many who love her, so for their sakes I hope they don't do something dumb with her. Maybe her show down could be against Ashara, that would be an easy choice, I loathe Ashara.

I honestly wish they'd do a right proper story for Scourge, he deserves it. And welcome back! To quote Princess Leia, "I knew there was more to you than money." Glad you resubbed, hope Bioware doesn't let you down again.

Late to the party but yay Quinn!

Now if we could just get Vector, Corso and Doc back. And throw in Andronikos. I am very meh about Scourge though (sorry Lunafox!).

Welcome to the party! *passes you cookies and blue milk* It's ok, everyone has their favs. ^^

@Jagaimee Quinn should be feeling safer...he has quite an army of fanpeeps to watch out for him :D

@everyone My Jedi was pretty disgusted to find Lana lurking in her room while sleeping. My SI, and my SW weren't thrilled either. It was like 'bish why you in my room? Get TFO.'

Yeah, can we demand that the one who wrote Jorgan going back to the Trooper, romanced or not, writes Quinn? *prays*

I just hope I get more dialogue then like a line or something.

Oh, Quinn, pookie! I found you! *runningtackleglomp*

*oof!* My lord! It's been so long! Now, since you're here I need you to collect 500 womprat tails, some droid sensors, and..."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

lol

Yeah, can we demand that the one who wrote Jorgan going back to the Trooper, romanced or not, writes Quinn? *prays*

I just hope I get more dialogue then like a line or something.

Oh, Quinn, pookie! I found you! *runningtackleglomp*

*oof!* My lord! It's been so long! Now, since you're here I need you to collect 500 womprat tails, some droid sensors, and..."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

lol

My trooper is male, and thus (obviously) didn't romance Jorgan. They did grow to be incredibly close friends, however. (Heck, my trooper was closer to Jorgan than literally anyone else on the ship... especially after Objective: A-77 and...Jaxo... *sniffle*) And their reunion was just... 'scuse me, I'm fangirling already just thinking about it again. :p It was at that moment I started rabidly platonic!shipping my trooper and Jorgan. I don't even know if such a thing exists, but...now it does. XD

So YES. If we could have the same level of feels-y-ness (of course that is a word, yes >_>) for Quinn's reunion... They have to know how many people are eagerly awaiting Quinn's return, yeah? I hope they plan accordingly.

AND I HOPE IT'S FULLY-VOICED. >_< Can you imagine KOTOR-style dialogue, like in Alliance recruitment quests!? .......oh heavens i hope i didn't give them any ideas...uhhhh, i shall see myself out the door...

Well, then again, what's the *absolute* worst that could happen?

Quinn: [sees the warrior] Oh! My lord. It's good to see you once more.

[KOTOR-style dialogue windows drop down]

Warrior: [dead silent]

- Quinn! I missed you! [chooses this option]

- Oh, you again. Hey.

- ARGH YOU TRAITOROUS THINGIE YOU!

Quinn: [as if by magic hears the silent, telepathic response] Yes, I've missed you too, my lord. You see, the reason why I haven't contacted you as of yet is - I've been trying to collect some metallic junk for a project of mine; could you help?

Warrior: *is not given any dialogue options to properly reflect her heart breaking in two*

Real life players: [dead silent]

- [Fangirl army: *converges on BioWare headquarters, waving torches and pitchforks*]

- [rage on the forums]

- [unsubscribe]

- [all of the above]

WHICH DO YOU CHOOSE!? :p

(Edit: ...dang it. On second thought, I can totally see that happening. .-. I hope that's not just me being my usual pessimistic self, though... gah, please BioWare, give us a fantastic reunion with a beloved companion! 'Tis all [or most] we ask.)

Edited by Jagaimee

I don't hate Lana, I don't want to kill her or anything, I'm just starting to resent being stuck with her so much. Same for Theron I guess but.. Theron's cute so I forgive him :p

I, for one, hate her. She's my "Quinn of SWTOR". Minus attacking her fans. Having her forced upon me is just making things worse. She's the only NPC is this game I totally can't stand, and her being forced as my comp even removed my love for the voice actress (loved her voice, now even that is gone).

But still, I want Quinn with me when he comes back. The importance of this feels more urgent for my warrior than it does for any other class I play, for some reason. It's like.. she's not completely whole without Quinn there. They just go together. :o She's not the kind of person that would trust her life to just anyone.

Same. I played her gradually unhinged and going more and more unreasonable, because she lacked his cool, his advice, his "water to her fire" in KOTFE/ET. She needs him. She matured by his side. Now going somewhere with anyone else is just wrong.

Anyway back to Quinn! I remember my first SW playthrough and the Quinn betrayal and I was SO FREAKING PISSED.

After I got him (warrior was my second character in the game, I was very new), I tried to google where vendors with customisations for him are. Got a full page of betrayal spoilers.

When I finally reached the betrayal, I was "what? that's it? liar liar pants on fire!" Then I moved on to the scene when he finally says he loves me, and the betrayal became even more meaningless.

I, for one, hate her. She's my "Quinn of SWTOR". Minus attacking her fans. Having her forced upon me is just making things worse. She's the only NPC is this game I totally can't stand, and her being forced as my comp even removed my love for the voice actress (loved her voice, now even that is gone).

Same. I played her gradually unhinged and going more and more unreasonable, because she lacked his cool, his advice, his "water to her fire" in KOTFE/ET. She needs him. She matured by his side. Now going somewhere with anyone else is just wrong.

After I got him (warrior was my second character in the game, I was very new), I tried to google where vendors with customisations for him are. Got a full page of betrayal spoilers.

When I finally reached the betrayal, I was "what? that's it? liar liar pants on fire!" Then I moved on to the scene when he finally says he loves me, and the betrayal became even more meaningless.

Eh, don't mind Lana really. I wish they didn't force companions on us but I can see why they do it.

I've been playing since early access and SW was my second character to 50. I didn't google anything so I didn't run into spoilers. What was funny is my friend played SW as his first character and here I am going, "Oh Quinn's cute, he's fun to flirt with 'cause he gets so flustered, I like him." ... and my friend is sitting there going uh riiiight yeah you have fun with that. He deliberately did not spoil it for me and I'm glad he didn't lol.

,snip>

AND I HOPE IT'S FULLY-VOICED. >_< Can you imagine KOTOR-style dialogue, like in Alliance recruitment quests!? .......oh heavens i hope i didn't give them any ideas...uhhhh, i shall see myself out the door...

Well, then again, what's the *absolute* worst that could happen?

Quinn: [sees the warrior] Oh! My lord. It's good to see you once more.

[KOTOR-style dialogue windows drop down]

Warrior: [dead silent]

- Quinn! I missed you! [chooses this option]

- Oh, you again. Hey.

- ARGH YOU TRAITOROUS THINGIE YOU!

Quinn: [as if by magic hears the silent, telepathic response] Yes, I've missed you too, my lord. You see, the reason why I haven't contacted you as of yet is - I've been trying to collect some metallic junk for a project of mine; could you help?

Warrior: *is not given any dialogue options to properly reflect her heart breaking in two*

Real life players: [dead silent]

- [Fangirl army: *converges on BioWare headquarters, waving torches and pitchforks*]

- [rage on the forums]

- [unsubscribe]

- [all of the above]

WHICH DO YOU CHOOSE!? :p

(Edit: ...dang it. On second thought, I can totally see that happening. .-. I hope that's not just me being my usual pessimistic self, though... gah, please BioWare, give us a fantastic reunion with a beloved companion! 'Tis all [or most] we ask.)

If they do this I will immediately get on a plane to EABioware Land and demand to know the location of the nearest pitch fork shop :mad: It will look something like

but with Quinnmancers!

I end up hating any companion that is forced into the player's face so much more than others and that the game assumes is the PC's best friend/confidant. If I think I am detecting author favoritism (especially when my favorite character is someone else) it disgusts me and I look for more reasons to dislike the character. I hate being paired up with Lana more often than with anyone else like that's my character's preference.

The PC hardly ever gets the opportunity to say anything mean to her unlike we get to with others. For example, if I don't tell her about Valkorian and she finds out later, my only options are "I'm so sorry!", "I should have told you!", and "I was scared you would experiment on me!" That's a weak objection. How about, "We are not best friends and if I told no one else why the heck would I tell you?"

It's well known that Lana is the Liara of SWTOR and is the writer's pet. Now that I think of it I see a pattern developing...

Dragon Age Series: Liliana

Mass Effect Series: Liara T'soni

SWTOR: Lana Beniko

Who's going to be the Liara of Mass Effect: Andromeda? :eek: Or do we really want to know the answer? :eek:

It's well known that Lana is the Liara of SWTOR and is the writer's pet. Now that I think of it I see a pattern developing...

Dragon Age Series: Liliana

Mass Effect Series: Liara T'soni

SWTOR: Lana Beniko

Who's going to be the Liara of Mass Effect: Andromeda? :eek: Or do we really want to know the answer? :eek:

Someone who's name begins with "L" apparently!

I end up hating any companion that is forced into the player's face so much more than others and that the game assumes is the PC's best friend/confidant. If I think I am detecting author favoritism (especially when my favorite character is someone else) it disgusts me and I look for more reasons to dislike the character. I hate being paired up with Lana more often than with anyone else like that's my character's preference.

The PC hardly ever gets the opportunity to say anything mean to her unlike we get to with others. For example, if I don't tell her about Valkorian and she finds out later, my only options are "I'm so sorry!", "I should have told you!", and "I was scared you would experiment on me!" That's a weak objection. How about, "We are not best friends and if I told no one else why the heck would I tell you?"

We get that with Theron too, but where's the Theron hate? Senya? Senya, who is forced on us in such a terrible way. :/ Arcann, forced to kill in such a terrible way if we don't just tell him "All is forgiven for your mass murder and destruction of planets."

:p