Thanks for the new Operation!

Star-Knight

Reaaaally? They should thank You...

1 OPS OMG GREAT

1 ops with 1 boss + another 1 boss every few weeks, last boss at end of 2017.

That's great! It's even better than 1 chapter per month system

Really I won't tell my friends I got sub in SWTOR, that's a shame....

Edited by tummiswtor

I bought $100 of Cartel Coins to show my appreciation. :)

I am sure BW are thankful.

I am not interested at all in this new op but don't object to it. BW should add new things for all areas of the game. However most players who do op's will still fill the forums with a constant barrage of threads complaining about it. It is nice at least some of you are appreciative.

I bought $100 of Cartel Coins to show my appreciation. :)

it's youre money. Personally this is part of the problem, its one of the highest grosing MMO's and the the one with the least development. they got fat and stupid on cartel payments and throw their dev budget on stuff they want (DvL, GC,cheap recycled 4 man content, bypassing QC), not what the players wanted. At any point in the last 2 years they could have listened to the player base but chose not to. Now people are tearing them a new one.

Feeding them easy cartel cash isnt going to learn them. They'll just go "phew, people love us again. I got this great idea for random packs for 6.0 - it'll be fine only doing a new operation every 3 years".

I am sure BW are thankful.

I am not interested at all in this new op but don't object to it. BW should add new things for all areas of the game. However most players who do op's will still fill the forums with a constant barrage of threads complaining about it. It is nice at least some of you are appreciative.

I agree many Ops players are very vocal but there's a time for complaining and a time to show appreciation. If we show appreciation with this decision now (with Cartel Coins or new subscriptions) then there's a better chance we'll get more of this in the future.

I agree many Ops players are very vocal but there's a time for complaining and a time to show appreciation. If we show appreciation with this decision now (with Cartel Coins or new subscriptions) then there's a better chance we'll get more of this in the future.

Come on now. Lets be serious. No new ops for 2 years, and what did we really get. The first new op (complete op not single boss fight) will not be out until dec....so 3 years between new ops. Celebrate that if you like but its pretty lame. They had to do something, this was the least they could do and they did it. They also had to release some part of the ops soonish because people simply wouldn't have trusted them if they said, hey we have a new op planned for end of the year....sure you do.

1 op every three years is hardly reason to dance and shoot. Maybe they have underperformed for so long now anything seems worth celebrating, They have simply lower your expectations so low they can get away with anything now.

They also continue to be unwilling to give up their rng crate stuff, and until they do that well things just wont be good here.

Edited by Sargrith

Sometime I feel players are like dogs.

You are very, very hungry dog and Devs throw You a bone with 10% of meat and say "You will get some more in a few days"

Be happy or thankful becouse they give You new UNCOMPLETED ops after 2 yeras for Your playing, paying for sub and CC packs? Deal of life.

Edited by tummiswtor

I'm just the kind of guy that puts his money where his mouth is. If anyone else is happy about this announcement why not kick them a few dollars and mention it here? :cool:

I did kick em a few bucks, my monthly sub fee

Edited by curulz

I for one, could not have been much happier with the results of their latest live stream. The announcements of the new planet, new daily hub, new companions, and new Op boss is exactly what my guild and I have been waiting for.

Chapters only go so far, sure the story was great, but then what?

What's the point of being in a guild and playing an MMO just for chapters ? Eh, Uprising can be done in a queue, just like warzones and flashpoints, but working in a group with new content is the reason I play these type of games.

Even if the content is rehash, but new for me, it's still enjoyable. It's more about the people you're with, but with the latest lack of content some of the members of the guild have started to lose interest, and are subs are dropping one at a time. Hopefully this will get a few of them excited about the game again, at least for a little while.

Edited by Airehn

Feeding them easy cartel cash isnt going to learn them. They'll just go "phew, people love us again. I got this great idea for random packs for 6.0 - it'll be fine only doing a new operation every 3 years".

I agree that it isn't a very accurate way to show them what I really want in the game. I'd rather buy the old weekly Operation passes and sell them cheap on the GTN. I'm really surprised they removed the weekly passes because they would have provided them with good information about what activities players would like to play.

I for one, could not have been much happier with the results of their latest live stream. The announcements of the new planet, new daily hub, new companions, and new Op boss is exactly what my guild and I have been waiting for.

Chapters only go so far, sure the story was great, but then what?

What's the point of being in a guild and playing an MMO just for chapters ? Eh, Uprising can be done in a queue, just like warzones and flashpoints, but working in a group with new content is the reason I play these type of games.

Even if the content is rehash, but new for me, it's still enjoyable. It's more about the people you're with, but with the latest lack of content some of the members of the guild have started to lose interest, and are subs are dropping one at a time. Hopefully this will get a few of them excited about the game again, at least for a little while.

I hope so. Our entire guild is done and this announcement just capped about any chance of getting it back.

Just for the record, you do realize that any other AAA MMO title you moved to literally gets 50 TIMES more content in a year added than SWTOR? Actually, SWTOR is No. 1 among triple AAA MMOs in only one thing - how little content they provide to a paying customer base.

I won't even provide comparisons here because it will just illustrate how shockingly little content is being released in this game.

But for one example. In the time you are going to get One full new Operation (3 years) a competitor has released 18 New raids (12 8-man and 6 24-man) and 30 NEW dungeons (4 man content) bringing their in game total to 59 dungeons, 18 8-man raids, and 9 24-man raids. And this isn't even WoW and that is just what they have put out in 3 years compared to SWTORs five.

We should not have to suck up to a corporation in order to get them to deliver content for a product that we are already paying for. It's about value for money. Pretty much every other AAA MMO on the market delivers WAY more content for your money than SWTOR does. I'm not going to pay them extra money for cosmetic stuff when they're not delivering on the actual core product.

Edited by AscendingSky

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.