Quit Complaining

Warforever

First of all, some of you probably never played this game when it first came out. Playing RANKED PvP and getting RANKED gear, took MONTHS!!!!!! It was a grind. If you were a hard core PvPer, then, yeah the grind sucked but once you got full ranked gear, then min/maxed your stats, the feeling was amazing. OMG we have to grind again...play a different game if youre so upset.

First of all, some of you probably never played this game when it first came out. Playing RANKED PvP and getting RANKED gear, took MONTHS!!!!!! It was a grind. If you were a hard core PvPer, then, yeah the grind sucked but once you got full ranked gear, then min/maxed your stats, the feeling was amazing. OMG we have to grind again...play a different game if youre so upset.
Going back to a time when things sucked because of some nostalgic sentiment is stupid. These regressive decisions make people who have been playing since launch finally quit and just leave newer players confused. The people complaining aren't trying to get free gear or instant gratification. They want PvP to be enjoyable and skilled-based, which means eliminating non-player factors, like stat disparities. Praising this game for allowing you to stomp other players simply because they don't have the gear to compete is not in the spirit of player versus player, it's your gear versus that player.

If you're an advocate for PvP, I would think you'd be an advocate for skill>gear.

Edited by Troelsen

I get what your saying but back in Vanilla, once you hit level 50, you got recruit gear. Yeah you would get WRECKED by someone in full ranked gear. BUT that is PVP!! All I'm saying is if you dont like it (not you, players), don't play. Yeah I do not like the RNG system, but when I do get a piece of gear, im like F U C K yeah.

And to say Eric or Bioware was hiding this from the community is complete B.S. Im not saying you said this but I read a post that stated this. People just need to relax. I'm sure changes will be made.

I get what your saying but back in Vanilla, once you hit level 50, you got recruit gear. Yeah you would get WRECKED by someone in full ranked gear. BUT that is PVP!! All I'm saying is if you dont like it (not you, players), don't play. Yeah I do not like the RNG system, but when I do get a piece of gear, im like F U C K yeah.

And to say Eric or Bioware was hiding this from the community is complete B.S. Im not saying you said this but I read a post that stated this. People just need to relax. I'm sure changes will be made.

The vanilla model got changed pretty quick, and it seems more common in MMORPGs for PvP to be a gankfest until geared. Other MMORPGs have eliminated gear from pvp entirely, like GW2 and Blade and Soul. I think we should keep working towards making PvP truly skill vs skill, not rolling back to a system that was criticized for being too grindy. Just because I did it back then doesn't mean I want to do it again.

People have a right to voice complaints, and they'll stop playing when they decide they want to stop. In the meantime, they're going to use the forums to express their dissatisfaction with the current direction. It's to give BW a chance to at least communicate their decisions, and for them to not be able to say "well if you didn't like it, why didn't you say anything?"

btw, I'm in the camp where RNG is not exciting, it's a relief, especially after opening crate after useless crate. I don't clock out at the end of a day and pull a big lever hoping to get compensated for the day's work.

I like working, earning a wage, and spending it how I please.

Hmmm, How about I played this game for a long time before it came out. When it did come out I thought that it wasn't good enough and I refused to pay for it.

The original system was bad enough that they were forced to change it rather quickly. After that I came back and was willing to pay for it.

You have to remember, everyone to is ranting is a paying customer. The fact that this many are willing to say something says that the changes made were not good for the game.

Oh I was around. I distinctly remember BioWare showing us their statistics that showed a very tiny percent of the population ever got a full ranked set. That's why they slashed gear costs drastically in [3.3 apparently].

Edited by teclado

Oh I was around. I distinctly remember BioWare showing us their statistics that showed a very tiny percent of the population ever got a full ranked set. That's why they slashed gear costs drastically in 4.0.

3.3*

I believe the percentage was in the single digits.

Edited by FerkWork

Pfft, judging by your account number, you were not here at the beginning either... Let me educate you....

In the beginning, we didn't have PvP gear. We had gear (PvP and PvE were the same). Raiders would get BIS and just farm PvP (also PvE heroes screamed you could get the best gear without raiding). So then came Expertise..... This put a balance that said PvE heroes would not be able to raid away and screw over the PvP community...

But gearing time was a problem. So later on, they sped up gearing... While higher gear had an effect, it was not huge, skill could still beat gear. The biggest issue was really super qs...

But I digress... I think you're just trolling...

Edited by Psychopyro

You do realize if enough people "play a different game" this game will shut down and leave you with nothing to play, do you? :cool:

The fact that so little improvement has been made is what the real issue is. The game was released back in 2012 which is now 4-5 years ago, you'd think in all that time that they would make vast improvements to it. Fixing the gearing system is as simple as tweaking the amount of comms you get out of each warzone, it's not exactly rocket science. They could start by doubling the amount of unassembled (or w/e they call the comms now) you get, and then tweaking it until the majority is satisfied (some people will always complain).

The old gearing system was terrible, it favored certain people far too much and was extremely dissuasive for new players. The complaints most people make in regards to the current gearing system is well founded. However with all that said I do believe there is potential in the new gearing system.

played since beta and gearing did not take long even at launch i was geared as a 50 before the first patch. Getting gear was not hard from launch so the grind is a lot longer then it ever been.... Even the devs have said so and they plan on changing it they ask for feedback we give it what you want is no feed back not gonna happen.

Edited by Neoforcer

You need to stop right there im a founder and alot posting on here are founders. we are complaining for a reason i have 16 characters i played every one of them and i never had so much grinding to get any of them geared.This patch is a mockery of there player base.They stated this was to help be alt friendly to gear and instead its a pile of crap.

No one should ever in any game be penialized or punished for having alts or to gear them. this patch is fn insane.

So whats the truth you apart of the clan useing old dvl gear to take advantage of the bs new bolster system or you have no clue at all what you are talking about. No one ever should be prisoned to play only one class.

as far as playing a different game don,t worry as a bunch of us mean to do exactly that and then when you dont have a player base to play with cry all you wish . when you find yourself solo mostly in a empty shell of what used to be a fun game.

Edited by falkron-kerupt

"Stop Complaining"

No.

What are you gonna do about it? Hit me?

I think the op of this thread stacks prescence on his gear

and he might be slighty above in skill than an uneducated Lvl 10 NPC

Edited by Groncho