5.1 dvl gear BOLSTER PROBLEM

Azheon

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's gotta be unintended.

I would also assume that the DvL gear situation is not going to last but a mistake. Which no doubt many will see and already do see as a BW conspiracy ;)

In any case. As to your answer to me, I can see how putting a different level to bolster impaired alt participation in pvp (a 180 degree difference from stated intention). That said would the solution be to allow pvp to stand with a bolster level of the old 250?.

If that is the answer there would be no (in my opinion) reason to grant conquest points

, unassembled gear, or any thing the rest of the game awards for participating in other activities of the game doing pvp

Likely with time if the current situation stands there will be a gear gap. But this is nothing new, everything this game throws at a player is easier overcome with better gear.

In pvp as in pve ( pve being far more complicated imo, as it requires constant awareness and focus on strategy and not tactics, compare an officer to a soldier) coordination and teamwork is key.

Likely with time if the current situation stands there will be a gear gap. But this is nothing new, everything this game throws at a player is easier overcome with better gear.

In pvp as in pve ( pve being far more complicated imo, as it requires constant awareness and focus on strategy and not tactics, compare an officer to a soldier) coordination and teamwork is key.

That's fair enough, but if so the answer to me would seem to be kind of what Snave was getting at - the barrier needs to be shifted away from being frontloaded (like it is now) to being a traditional grind at the end for the absolute top couple percent.

As it stands now you're looking at months (or tens of millions of creds, which is my method) to get any meaningful set bonus and to get above the bolster cap *per character*. So maybe the answer is to leave bolster as is and fix the frontloading of the grind. I could get behind that too.

It just irritates me that we need to be discussing this now *at all*, because it simply wasn't broken to begin with.

Edited by stoopicus

That's fair enough, but if so the answer to me would seem to be kind of what Snave was getting at - the barrier needs to be shifted away from being frontloaded (like it is now) to being a traditional grind at the end for the absolute top couple percent.

As it stands now you're looking at weeks (or tens of millions of creds, which is my method) to get any meaningful set bonus and to get above the bolster cap *per character*. So maybe the answer is to leave bolster as is and fix the frontloading of the grind. I could get behind that too.

It just irritates me that we need to be discussing this now *at all*, because it simply wasn't broken to with.

While I can agree with the basics of what you are saying expecting any major changes might be a tad optimistic. I do not care for the current model of execution but I do think the current model in its function is a great improvement. To try and sound less like a permanent secretary in the civil service. If the GC would stay as it is but instead of, as I wager a fair few now experience going from one level to the next, granting a moment of dread when opening and a period of disappointment when realizing.

I would be far more satisfied with a model that instead of as is now grants a random item, grants a random quantity of unassembled tokens. That way I could if mega lucky get a metric ton to buy all the BiS in the world, but also if the universe hated me slowly save up for precisely what I want. Edit: Current ranks could be as is with the minimum and maximum amount of tokens being upped based on ones rank.

That aside and back on topic. I have not as of yet seen any fabled 242kill squads pulverizing everyone in pvp. What I have seen is the same old premades pulverizingin pvp. No different from at any other time in this game .

Edited by Ranstasia
spelling

Two unrelated but interesting data points I have noticed:

- I am frequently in the top 1-2 for damage with my Jugg (who is sitting over the bolster cap in several slots). That's just weird.

- I have gotten T1 set pieces in each of my last two command crates, after 45 GC ranks of none.

The second one is probably a coincidence but it's a welcome one if so.

Edited by stoopicus

Two unrelated but interesting data points I have noticed:

- I am frequently in the top 1-2 for damage with my Jugg (who is sitting over the bolster cap in several slots). That's just weird.

- I have gotten T1 set pieces in each of my last two command crates, after 45 GC ranks of none.

The second one is probably a coincidence but it's a welcome one if so.

I do way more damage and don't die in my 208 pvp gear than I do in 228 or 230 gear. If people are actually doing even better in DVL gear, then Bolster is broken and by reducing the Bolster cap down to 232, they have nerfed most people who dont have DVL gear or 208 gear.

The Bolster nerf without fixing all the relating issue and the speed in which people can gear up faster in pvp was a bad move. If you are going to nerf a large portion of people because you don't address all the issues at once all you are going to do is piss most people off.

The only people who don't seem to have an issue with the nerf are those who have 242 gear or can't see the big picture on how this affects newbies or people just hitting lvl 70.

They should reverse the nerf until they can address all the other issues at the same time. Then reduce the cap and see what the result is. They will have much less rage and pvp will be more fair in gearing up.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Get rid of bolster, make gearing easy and fast through all activites thus making it very alt friendly again. Reward people with desirable cosmetic items.

The only problem with removing it is the gear difference between entry lvl gear for lvl 70 and BiS gear. If that gap was smaller or they gave a fair entry lvl gear set and had a faster way to gear up, then I would support removing it.

But as it stands, the gear gap is like the Grand Canyon and entry lvl players wouldn't stand a chance.

I guess they could add a system that allowed you to collect tokens for gear before you got to lvl 70. But new pvpers trying pvp for the first time at lvl 70 would still be disadvantaged.

They could do it, but they would need to make some fundamental changes that I don't think they are willing to make.

So, sadly:

that was indeed just a fluke. Three more levels of total disintegration after that.

My healer's 28- none, nada and pure crates of garbage except one blaster rifle and I spent almost eight million credits replacing her pistol, relics, implants, earpiece for much improved healing since Bolster is a joke... I am so upset. I blow credits on things that don't matter that go for less a week later, rolls off me like water but this is insane. Can't play my tank because she had two pieces of set armour and nothing else. I'm going to have to save a massive credit reserve to outfit my Sith Sorcerer with 230 so this character I've been pinning to do warzones with at 70 can actually do them.

And there's no duplicate protection so my healer's slowly increasing component stash doesn't make me happy at all. I hate them so much for what they've done to warzones because they've turned them into a mess of gear and idiots running the exploit armour... which they will nerf which will in turn hurt when those idiots show up in FPs.

:t_mad:

My healer's 28- none, nada and pure crates of garbage except one blaster rifle and I spent almost eight million credits replacing her pistol, relics, implants, earpiece for much improved healing since Bolster is a joke... I am so upset. I blow credits on things that don't matter that go for less a week later, rolls off me like water but this is insane. Can't play my tank because she had two pieces of set armour and nothing else. I'm going to have to save a massive credit reserve to outfit my Sith Sorcerer with 230 so this character I've been pinning to do warzones with at 70 can actually do them.

And there's no duplicate protection so my healer's slowly increasing component stash doesn't make me happy at all. I hate them so much for what they've done to warzones because they've turned them into a mess of gear and idiots running the exploit armour... which they will nerf which will in turn hurt when those idiots show up in FPs.

:t_mad:

I made a marauder and I am just going slowly through the class quest now. I never really paid attention to the class quests before so I figure the one thing still good on this game should entertain me for awhile.

Until they either fix stuff, or I get bored and take a break and head back to P99.

I made a female marauder and atm I am enjoying her making Quinn uncomfortable with her rather forward advances. rofl. :D

Edited by Lhancelot

I made a marauder and I am just going slowly through the class quest now. I never really paid attention to the class quests before so I figure the one thing still good on this game should entertain me for awhile.

Until they either fix stuff, or I get bored and take a break and head back to P99.

I made a female marauder and atm I am enjoying her making Quinn uncomofrtable with her rather forward advances. rofl. :D

Nice. Sith Warrior story plays so totally KotOR if you go neutral to slightly LS.

Ok

Not gonna post any conclussions just numbers First number is 208/230, second is using 5 pieces of DvL gear (bracers and belt included that has no enhas so in total they are 5 mods+3 enhas all 230 purple with bis augs)

For sniper / GS

Mas 7192 to 8572 = +7.5%

End 7432 to 8357 = +12%

Pow 3108 to 3653 = +15%

For Shadow/Assa

Mas 7523 to 8572 = + 13%

End 6161 to 6977 = +12%

Pow 4419 to 4484 = + 2%

For Mando/Merc

Mas 7271 to 7681 = +6%

End 7407 to 8319 = +11%

Pow 3085 to 6384= +17%

Crit Rating in all toons goes above 43%, Crit Multiplier in all toon goes above 72%

Accuracy and Alacrity gets buffed

HP inside warzones gets to 124/129K, in the server I play, only a few guys have their 242/s stacked but randomly playing with and against them puts, u on the same stats level

The increase in DPS is there and if by chance you get an undergeared player it's fair to say he will explode

Sometimes u can understand why some nerds will say that they work for gear and that gear matters for them. They need this handicap

Devs please, give us Naked PvP again

Edited by Groncho

Ok

Not gonna post any conclussions just numbers First number is 208/230, second is using 5 pieces of DvL gear (bracers and belt included that has no enhas so in total they are 5 mods+3 enhas all 230 purple with bis augs)

For sniper / GS

Mas 7192 to 8572 = +7.5%

End 7432 to 8357 = +12%

Pow 3108 to 3653 = +15%

For Shadow/Assa

Mas 7523 to 8572 = + 13%

End 6161 to 6977 = +12%

Pow 4419 to 4484 = + 2%

For Mando/Merc

Mas 7271 to 7681 = +6%

End 7407 to 8319 = +11%

Pow 3085 to 6384= +17%

Crit Rating in all toons goes above 43%, Crit Multiplier in all toon goes above 72%

HP inside warzones gets to 124/129K, in the server I play, only a few guys have their 242/s stacked but randomly playing with and against them puts, u on the same stats level

The increase in DPS is there and if by chance you get an undergeared player it's fair to say he will explode

Sometimes u can understand why some nerds will say that they work for gear and that gear matters for them. They need this handicap

Nice to take the time to show stats from the DvL gears and compare it to the 230s. It's so weird how random it seems to bolster different classes too.

Man, I bet that merc/mando in DvL is blowing stuff up big time holy crap. All that extra power that gets bolstered, wow. rofl.

Nice to take the time to show stats from the DvL gears and compare it to the 230s. It's so weird how random it seems to bolster different classes too.

Man, I bet that merc/mando in DvL is blowing stuff up big time holy crap. All that extra power that gets bolstered, wow. rofl.

Yes, there were 3 mercs in queue today on my server in that gear. :l

Ok

For sniper / GS

Mas 7192 to 8572 = +7.5%

End 7432 to 8357 = +12%

Pow 3108 to 3653 = +15%

For Shadow/Assa

Mas 7523 to 8572 = + 13%

End 6161 to 6977 = +12%

Pow 4419 to 4484 = + 2%

For Mando/Merc

Mas 7271 to 7681 = +6%

End 7407 to 8319 = +11%

Pow 3085 to 6384= +17%

Exactly, the people saying the gear gap doesn't exist or isn't very large are the same ppl that qdodge/qsync/windtrade/"kickball"/etc. that need the handicap. What is even worse is that human nature pushes these people to eventually believe that they are on an even playing field. Once this happens there is no way to convince them otherwise.