Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

New AOE Targeting Animation/Indicator Looks Terrible - Why "Fix" What Isn't Broken?

arunav

You may not have played with it enough. There are certain maps (Oricon) where you cannot see it. The first time that happens to you I doubt you will like it.

i did 2ops+1instanced boss, 2 pvp matches (odessen+voidstar) , and so far i didnt saw any problems.

i saw someone mentioning here, that for raiding is benefitial and i must agree.

but i have yet to see it everywhere, but if i get like only one bad zone (oricon)..u get the picture..dont know any game flawless (ofc we are talking about swtor list of bugs, visual efects and late hate for cxp, so its one more to add to the pile i guess)

I'm going to have trouble retraining myself to run out of green, but only sometimes. I notice color a lot quicker than faction symbol 😕 I'm an average player at best and I was always confident that I could at least move out of bad quickly, but now I'm either going to be slow getting out of the bad, or I'm going to piss off healers by running out of their aoe heals.

Unfortunately they keep making changes that are obviously there just to justify staffing positions at minimal cost. If they were to use these same people for real content it would cost much more. So far I consider the new graphics to be a PITA as they are not as good or visible as the old ones. to bad they don't look any better either.

So to recap, the people who like this are fixated on the 'clean look' of the circle and haven't yet encountered all the ways in which it's broken. To make one insignificant little style change in the AOE indicators, they broke them in a bunch of ways.

Think of anything else you might have wanted fixed with this game. Was this really a good use of their time? Now they have to fix it. Maybe they'll get to it in a few years? Their people will no doubt want to avoid fixing it because actual bugs can be tricky to fix. This is the kind of thing they do to avoid trying to fix those bugs in the first place.

I like the new animation change for marauders.. Damn what is that aoe called.. Anyways I hope you know what I mean, Juggernauts can use that one too if they are not in vengeance.

But... I really dislike the new AOE circle animation, it looks ugly and very very cheap, and it sure is handy to see what exactly is your aoe area, but This can be used as training for new player, and we should get an option to completely toggle this off so we can just enjoy the animations without any weird idiotic circle on your area in front of you.

And besides an toggle off version add also an option to add the old aoe targets, so everyone can be happy.

And another thing what really bugged me out is how could you change the beautifull animation of the vengeance aoe... It was so damn pretty, and now it looks so cheap and not awsome anymore as it was, who cares it looked big, that is why you created it in the first place remember??? To give it an awsome look, please please revert this, I enjoyed it so much on my jugg.

And give us an option to turn off wrinkles in cutscenes, it is so damn ugly on a lot of character toons, and the wrinkles are often on places where they should not be at all! Please just delete this or give us an off option for it, so I can enjoy again most of my toons. Greets!

Ps: revert completely what you did with shae vizla! We paid for her, and you gave something nice, and we completely said we liked it (except for the few who worry to see her in bikini lol) but damn my lads you should not remove such a thing if people say they want it. I really liked my white shining custom shae vizla. It completely ruined it for me to have her as companion now without this option. I never use theron or any of the new companions what you can not customize because I really dislike to see clones of them right next to me from an other player. I can understand that you are perhaps also afraid we would ask you to change Arcann and Senya, but I can understand that, because they do not have normal body models. But Theron + Lana and Nico have!! So just give that same option to them too and make us happy.

To give you an idea how much I am not okay with all you did what I described above, then I say it in the following number: 1 billion^10000000000000000000 X Infinity... Lol. anyways good day.

Edited by -JE-BLAZAR-

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.