SO you removed the bolster in WZ's?

Ashaari

removing bolster was literally the ONLY thing they did right in 5.0-5.1 ''Oh waaah I can't do better than everyone else in gear from 2 years ago, waaah''

yeah it totally makes sense that getting the best gear makes you worse...come on bro.

They didn't remove Bolster. I think you need to check your facts

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

removing bolster was literally the ONLY thing they did right in 5.0-5.1 ''Oh waaah I can't do better than everyone else in gear from 2 years ago, waaah''

yeah it totally makes sense that getting the best gear makes you worse...come on bro.

We do apologize for having a life outside of this game. We should all be punished for being productive members of society. :rolleyes: 240 gear that was optimized was still MUCH better than 230 gear when bolstered. But now the disparity between gear levels is too much. It comes down to gear now, not skill. Before you could outplay a player using 240 gear if you were better, now it just comes down to how much time you waste playing ops.

Edited by mmmbuddah

You guys have mistaken the genre. This isn't a third person action game. It's a mmoRPG. Gear should always matter and i think they didn't do enough. They should remove bolster completely.

If you don't want gear to matter in PvP go hop on Vader in Battlefront and enjoy.

I also liked it when i could just buy full PvP sets for alts, before 5.0, the moment they hit 65, and doing nothing but PvP but i find myself not disliking this change. Maybe cus i am focusing on 1 char atm. Will see as time goes on.

You just have to spend a lot of money now when you hit 70 to buy 230+ gear and honestly it should be this way, as i said above, it's a rpg.

Edited by Kaedusz

You guys have mistaken the genre. This isn't a third person action game. It's a mmoRPG. Gear should always matter and i think they didn't do enough. They should remove bolster completely.

If you don't want gear to matter in PvP go hop on Vader in Battlefront and enjoy.

I also enjoyed it when i could just buy full PvP sets for alts, before 5.0, the moment they hit 65, but i find myself not disliking this change. Maybe cus i am focusing on 1 char atm. Will see as time goes on.

I think most people don't care if gear matters a little. I personally like earning gear and playing around with it to min/max it. However, the operative word is "little". Once you get into large gaps in gear it becomes no fun for those that do not have gear, and also for those that do but like competitive matches.

Large gear gaps is also very bad for the general health of PvP as anyone new or people with alts will simply not bother with PvP which leads to less people, less pops etc.

I also enjoyed it when i could just buy full PvP sets for alts, before 5.0, the moment they hit 65, but i find myself not disliking this change. Maybe cus i am focusing on 1 char atm. Will see as time goes on.

You just have to spend a lot of money now when you hit 70 to buy 230+ gear and honestly it should be this way, as i said above, it's a rpg.

If they (BW/EA) would explain exactly what they are trying to do, the confusion and anxiety over this would not be so high.

Remember when it took a good amount of time to get the battle master stuff, and then to get a full suit of war hero it took a long time? Well, people were not really vocal and angry because we understood that from the get go.

Now, it seems that same system is back, meaning much more time and effort has to go into getting a full set of the top tier PVP gears.

The problem is, people adjusted and understood the devs stance on gearing was to not have a huge grind, and to reward constant PVP with wz comms which gave them a very streamlined and easy way to gear their mains as well as their alts.

Now that the easy method and rewarding system for PVPers has been removed, and the grindy system has been implemented, people are confused because there is no explanation behind WHY they are doing it this way.

Yes, we can connect the dots, but when the company and Eric say things like, "we realize it needs improved", people are thinking they mean they recognize it's too grindy and so we will make it easier and more rewarding for PVPers....

Actually, it appears after 5.1, Eric and the devs didn't mean that at all, they simply wanted to improve other facets of the gearing system, which I am not sure how this improves what 5.0 put out.

I suppose having another additional way to buy the parts helps, but it still does screw over pure PVPers when they grant easier ways to gear up via PVE ops.

It seems to me they are either thinking not many purely PVP so who cares, or they are trying to force people into facets of the game the people don't want to partake in.

As always with this company, the biggest problem is communication.

If they (BW/EA) explained their intentions and why they made the changes people would not be trying to guess and assume why the changes were made.

Either BW/EA are unsure of what they are doing so they do not try to explain the changes, or they do have a purpose that makes sense to themselves and simply don't feel they need to share that with the players.

Either way is unacceptable for a gaming company to treat the customers this way, imo anyway. I am sure others may disagree though.

This game has always been this way, so I really don't understand the uproar. Those in the highest tier of pvp gear have always had superior stats to bolstered players just entering the bracket.

Before; you could get prepared in low/mids and buy all the gear and be ready. Now; not only can you not do that, but you have a much longer grind once getting to the top tier. I also wonder how big the gap is.

Before; you could get prepared in low/mids and buy all the gear and be ready.

Ehhh, that's a bit of a stretch...even doing nothing but pvp in 4.0 it would be hard to have a full set of ranked gear or even close to it by the time you hit max level.

Ehhh, that's a bit of a stretch...even doing nothing but pvp in 4.0 it would be hard to have a full set of ranked gear or even close to it by the time you hit max level.

Not true. I pvp'd every toon from lowbies to max lvl via pvp only. I would end up with around 40k wz comms. It took about 25k to fully gear a toon.

I did this at least 10-12 times so I know for a fact it was not hard to fully gear a character with the comms I accrued through pvp as I leveled it up.

Not true. I pvp'd every toon from lowbies to max lvl via pvp only. I would end up with around 40k wz comms. It took about 25k to fully gear a toon.

I did this at least 10-12 times so I know for a fact it was not hard to fully gear a character with the comms I accrued through pvp as I leveled it up.

I never did that, as I always used pvp to supplement leveling, and I would suspect that the vast majority do as well, so in reality this is no different than it used to be for most. How many people really hit level 70 with 25k+ wz comms? I wouldn't bet there were many, but I could be wrong.

Edited by Vember

I never did that, as I always used pvp to supplement leveling, and I would suspect that the vast majority do as well, so in reality this is no different than it used to be for most. How many people really hit level 70 with 25k+ wz comms? I wouldn't bet there were many, but I could be wrong.

You could also transfer from your main. Every single alt I leveled in 4.0 had a full set as soon as they dinged 65.

Full set of ranked would take a bit, but having enough for the first tier down was really easy. Then the gap was not far. That would be part of where this could be bad, since we are talking about what seems like a bigger gear level difference.

You could also transfer from your main. Every single alt I leveled in 4.0 had a full set as soon as they dinged 65.

Yea, that is true. I forgot about that. That was only from 3.0 to 4.0 wasn't it?

Edited by Vember

Yea, that is true. I forgot about that. That was only from 3.0 to 4.0 wasn't it?

You could do it all the way through 4.x until a couple of days after they announced crystal/comms etc were going away and converting to credits. I think it was a month or so before 5.0 dropped.

You would be very wrong. Most people I play with or did play with 12 months ago, used to pvp all the way from lvl 10. Most would only lvl in pvp and the only time they did any class story was when they were waiting for pvp to pop.

I had close to 250000 WZ Comms when 5.0 was released. I know others who had over a mil.

Since 2.0, I was able to fully gear everyone of my toons with Ranked gear as soon as I hit max lvl. I would easily have 30-40k in Comms and that is with buying lots of Med packs to sell on the GTN. It certainly wasn't hard to accumulate WZ Comms fast.

My old pvp guild had 30-40 active members, we all used to gear up like that as did most of the dedicated pvpers

You would be very wrong. Most people I play with or did play with 12 months ago, used to pvp all the way from lvl 10. Most would only lvl in pvp and the only time they did any class story was when they were waiting for pvp to pop.

I had close to 250000 WZ Comms when 5.0 was released. I know others who had over a mil.

Since 2.0, I was able to fully gear everyone of my toons with Ranked gear as soon as I hit max lvl. I would easily have 30-40k in Comms and that is with buying lots of Med packs to sell on the GTN. It certainly wasn't hard to accumulate WZ Comms fast.

My old pvp guild had 30-40 active members, we all used to gear up like that as did most of the dedicated pvpers

I'm pretty sure the people you played with don't constitute the vast majority. At any rate, Kawiki reminded me about comm transfer which makes my argument moot.

Joke's on BW, all this gear grind making me spend my money in china instead of the CM. So much easier to obtain credits at $32USD per 110 million than it is to buy junk off the CM to sell.

I have not spent a dime on the CM in over a year; credits are cheap! :)

So conspiracy theory number 1 as to BW/EA motives:

With this 5.0 system there is a massive gear grind for any player, unless you are lucky with in-pack drops.

If you are not subscribed this becomes a much much bigger mountain to climb, and so gives subscribers an edge (eventually).

So I suspect in their greedy little minds they think more people will subscribe.

The fact is many are unsubscribing.

So if this is their thinking it is badly backfiring.

• 4 weeks later...
What purpose is this supposed to serve other than making the elite even more elite?

I'm actually pretty fine on my main, the point isn't me. This change in itself is bad for the game.

This is one of the few things you had right, Bioware.

There wasn't a big difference between max and relatively bad gear.

Now you have created a problem that wasn't there before. PvP is as the name reads about the players.

But you literally just turned into PvG. Or otherwise known as Player versus Gear.

You should fire the person that thought this was a good idea and the clown that approved it.

Since clearly those people havn't got the slightest clue about what your players want.

I actually love this change, and would prefer bolster to be removed entirely. Bolster makes endgame pvp kinda pointless, its fun grinding up gear and being able to notice a difference. Being a very casual player, but one that almost exclusively plays pvp, I welcome this change very much.

What purpose is this supposed to serve other than making the elite even more elite?

I'm actually pretty fine on my main, the point isn't me. This change in itself is bad for the game.

This is one of the few things you had right, Bioware.

There wasn't a big difference between max and relatively bad gear.

Now you have created a problem that wasn't there before. PvP is as the name reads about the players.

But you literally just turned into PvG. Or otherwise known as Player versus Gear.

You should fire the person that thought this was a good idea and the clown that approved it.

Since clearly those people havn't got the slightest clue about what your players want.

Well said. PvP gear before this crap was really good. I subbed after a year cancelling after a month.