The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SO you removed the bolster in WZ's?

Ashaari

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the devs finally said, "**** these players!! They don't like bolster? THEY DON'T LIKE BOLSTER?!? REMOVE THAT BOLSTER AND THEY CAN DEAL WITH IT SINCE THEY DON'T LIKE BOLSTER."

They didn't remove bolster they just made it only accessible till 232 gear. There is a big difference.

They didn't remove bolster they just made it only accessible till 232 gear. There is a big difference.

I see. I am confused by the devs tbh. I guess they have decided to take the game from super casual to super serious when it comes to gearing?

Kind of reminds me of BM sets versus the WH sets in the wzs a few years ago.

Wonder if the difference in power will be slight like it was then, or if higher tier gears will really give an extreme advantage?

They just nerfed bolster, going to be harmful to casual PvPers and new players. Specially a few months from now when a large amount of people have BiS 242 gear. You need to go full Korean grind mode to keep up or fall behind :o

nah, the more people that hit t3, the more 240 pieces will be on the GTN and the cheaper they will be.

nah, the more people that hit t3, the more 240 pieces will be on the GTN and the cheaper they will be.

This is crazy. 240 Gear runs 3-5 mil right now per mod/enhance. You are talking months before you can get a complete set under 20mil if ever. It is a ridiculous change.

What purpose is this supposed to serve other than making the elite even more elite?

I'm actually pretty fine on my main, the point isn't me. This change in itself is bad for the game.

This is one of the few things you had right, Bioware.

There wasn't a big difference between max and relatively bad gear.

Now you have created a problem that wasn't there before. PvP is as the name reads about the players.

But you literally just turned into PvG. Or otherwise known as Player versus Gear.

You should fire the person that thought this was a good idea and the clown that approved it.

Since clearly those people havn't got the slightest clue about what your players want.

Edited by Evolixe

im stil t1 r72, and yet I have full 240's except for armorings and one relic. Did I break the bank? Did I spend 2 years grinding? Nope.

Dude not disputing or arguing but armorings are the second most important upgrade after hilts/barrels, just saying. Your armor value and damage reduction come directly from them and do not have diminishing returns. And that's *before* the mastery/End increase from them.

Nice going, couldn't find that in the patch notes, not only let the high command players have far superior gear, but handicap the new entries.

With current damage level TTK is seconds, not to stand in re-spawn

step 1 don't read patch notes or ctrl+f to find bolster in the patch notes

step 2 complain

do you get joy from griefing for no reason? should they consult you at every patch so you know and approve the

order of the patch notes?

interested to hear your excuse since you've cried in other forum threads but not returned to this one even though people pointed out that it is in the patch notes.

Ive started posting this in every Bolster and CXP thread in the hope that they see it. I've also PM'd both of them

Dear Eric and Tait,

Since 5.1 last night we have the following issues in PVP.

1. Bolster is now broken. We are not sure what you have done but it is no longer working correctly. Please restore what ever you changed to 5.0 settings. - PLEASE NOTE - this is game changing and will stop people pvping period.

So I am assuming this is a bug.

2. CXP Nerf of Bug? CXP is now lower in pvp than it was before. There was nothing in the patch notes about this, so I assume it's a bug. Can you please fix and restore to previous levels.

Eric, you have said in the past that anything not announced in patch notes that is then different after a patch is a bug. You have either failed/forgotten to notify us in the patch notes or this is a bug.

Please guys, can you communicate with the community asap as people are currently uninstalling or ready to cancel subs.

This is especially true for those players who are only subscribing to play pvp. If we can't play pvp where it is skill vs skill and not gear vs gear, most of us will move to other games.

I look forward to hearing from you in the next 24 hours.

PS. I've also PM'd both of you with this issue.

:(

Ive started posting this in every Bolster and CXP thread in the hope that they see it. I've also PM'd both of them

Dear Eric and Tait,

1. Bolster is now broken. We are not sure what you have done but it is no longer working correctly. Please restore what ever you changed to 5.0 settings. - PLEASE NOTE - this is game changing and will stop people pvping period.

2. CXP Nerf of Bug? CXP is now lower in pvp than it was before. There was nothing in the patch notes about this, so I assume it's a bug. Can you please fix and restore to previous levels.

Eric, you have said in the past that anything not announced in patch notes that is then different after a patch is a bug. You have either failed/forgotten to notify us in the patch notes or this is a bug.

Please guys, can you communicate with the community asap as people are currently uninstalling or ready to cancel subs.

This is especially true for those players who are only subscribing to play pvp. If we can't play pvp where it is skill vs skill and not gear vs gear, most of us will move to other games.

It actually is in the 5.1 patch notes.. "now". Not sure when they stealth added that in, but it's there at the bottom.

Warzones

Bolster now improves players up to 232 Item Rating (down from 250).

OK I reply as requested.

It wasn't in the patch notes which I read during patch downtime - if they added it after at least someone noticed

Additionally I have characters in PvP with no item above 230 and although the bolster icon is displayed there is no, and I repeat NO upgrade to stats unless it has been added since last night.

OK I reply as requested.

It wasn't in the patch notes which I read during patch downtime - if they added it after at least someone noticed

Additionally I have characters in PvP with no item above 230 and although the bolster icon is displayed there is no, and I repeat NO upgrade to stats unless it has been added since last night.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

And people say it's not broken

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

And people say it's not broken

There is no increase. I checked. MY stats on all my characters are exactly the same in end game pvp. If you didnt farm the top tier gear by now, you are completely and utterly screwed. BW dropped the ball into a lava pit with this one.

There is no increase. I checked. MY stats on all my characters are exactly the same in end game pvp. If you didnt farm the top tier gear by now, you are completely and utterly screwed. BW dropped the ball into a lava pit with this one.

Definitely broken. They obviously forgot to tick a box when they decided to reduce the Bolster gear cap from 250 to 232.

This is what happens everytime they try to adjust something that isn't broken. They actually break it and make problems.

I can't for the life of me think why they needed to adjust the cap from 250 to 232. Especially considering Hotties testing showed that the soft cap was topping out at 242.

I also assume that if they do fix the bolster to 232, and it works as before (nothing currently in patch notes to say different as of 2 minutes ago) then characters with 230 gear + bolster, will be more powerful than a 240 geared player?

So why grind?

The bolster system other than for a few whingers was ok'ish, it is now completely and totally broken.

Nice going, couldn't find that in the patch notes, not only let the high command players have far superior gear, but handicap the new entries.

With current damage level TTK is seconds, not to stand in re-spawn

removing bolster was literally the ONLY thing they did right in 5.0-5.1 ''Oh waaah I can't do better than everyone else in gear from 2 years ago, waaah''

yeah it totally makes sense that getting the best gear makes you worse...come on bro.

Dear Eric and Tait,

totally agree. only thing I would add is that the new gearing system in an insult to pvp players. as a pvp player I will never be able to get good gear now with any chars, so I have decided not to renew my sub. 1-2 parts for a wz loss is such an insult when you need hundreds per piece and there's 14 pieces u need. I don't know why the dev in charge hates pvp players, but it obvious that they do :(

Edited by Paratusin