Come VOTE for SWToR as the best MMO of the year on MMORPG.COM player choice awards

Nanfoodle

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta be a troll post... No way this person is serious... Not on these forums at this time...

Besides, it's a subjective list anyways... At least 3 MMOs that had expansions this year are missing....

Should call it the "Best MMO of 2016 where the developers paid us to put them on this list"

No troll, love this MMO. Its the most modern MMO that still uses the trinity system. Also love I can do all content teamed. My wife. friends and I can do Flashpoints with our companions when we cant make a full group. I have been MMOing since 1999 and this is my home MMO.

Why would ANYONE vote for SWTOR for best MMO? It's a total disaster at this point. I could see voting for it for MMO with most room for improvement, or MMO that has most disappointed, but not best MMO.

You're such a drama queen.

You're such a drama queen.

For more DanNV, just check the link to the comments :D

"I am really enjoying Elder Scrolls online. SWTOR has disappointed so many, so much it shouldn't even be on the list. All end-game now behind a sub wall, all of t estory content for KOTFE and KOTET is aimed at solo play, no new MMO content in over 2 years, and the list goes on. It was never the best out there, but it has fallen so far it isn't even worth considering anymore. Definitely ESO for me, therefore.

on a serious note, I honestly cannot comprehend this level of anti-swtor propaganda. Seeing so many users here use the same handle across other social media elsewhere. I'm convinced a subsidiary group of users must be getting paid to post.

No troll, love this MMO. Its the most modern MMO that still uses the trinity system. Also love I can do all content teamed. My wife. friends and I can do Flashpoints with our companions when we cant make a full group. I have been MMOing since 1999 and this is my home MMO.

SWTOR doesn't even come close to Final Fantasy XIV. That game has had an amazing journey and it was a lot worse than SWTOR at one point. I mean, SWTOR in 1.2 was heading downhill but not as bad as XIV 1.0

What the developers did with (and are doing) with that game will be remembered. To date, i can honestly say it's the only MMO i have seen hold a significant amount of ex-wow players. Most of the time (like SWTOR early days) they end up back with wow.

People might not like the style, but we are not talking about opinions here. Statistically and objectively, Final Fantasy XIV is a far superior "trinity" MMO that SWTOR is, was and will ever be.

If this game didn't abandon how it was in vanilla or ignore the mmo portion of this game for two years or bastardize companions by first removing them then introduce diluted story free companions or by confusing companions with story npcs I would totally have voted for this game. But 4.0 and 5.0 have happened. Can't in good faith vote for this game for any positive award. I love the game and want it to be amazing. You can't be blinded and send them the wrong message unfortunately.

So this mmo has:

1. the least number of stats on its gear compared to other mmos

2. the relics are the only gear that has procs compared to other games that have on all peices

3. no "epic" weapon to quest for

4. rehashes content takes away your abilities to give em back with "new" levels like 3 xpacs now. All other mmos when they release an xpac its a real expansion with new content. Swtor doesn't do that.

5. predictable expansion= hey get to level 75 we will let you do ev some more, cool!

Why would ANYONE vote for SWTOR for best MMO? It's a total disaster at this point. I could see voting for it for MMO with most room for improvement, or MMO that has most disappointed, but not best MMO.

because if you don't vote and support the game regardless of how you think of it this game you love to play is going to be gone. You have to show its worth the time and effort to listen to its consumers and put more effort into making it better than it is now.

Why though? I don't hate SWTOR but it is certainly not the best MMO of the year. It produces very, very little content and on top of that focus' on only small parts of it's game at a time. It destoryed it's raiding community because of this. The quality of content they put out varies greatly too. Personally I'd say SWTOR's story is good, but all the other content they've put out lately feels lazily done. Look at the difference between Uprising modes. No new mechanics, only buffed HP and attacks.

It simply cannot compete against the rate FF14 and WoW put out content. Not to mention that all of FF14's content is top quality. All bugs are fixed within days of the devs finding out about them. Currently, I do not believe FF14 has any bugs.

I am not trying to be rude, SWTOR just does not hold a candle to these monster MMOs. Not to say this poll will reflect that. Who knows how many people actually use that site you linked. I don't and I wont be voting.

Edited by Radzkie

because if you don't vote and support the game regardless of how you think of it this game you love to play is going to be gone. You have to show its worth the time and effort to listen to its consumers and put more effort into making it better than it is now.

I think your missing most of the replies points...what they are basically saying is they are here because it's star wars. Obviously MMO fan's but the overall vibe around here is that if this game didn't have the star-wars "skin" it would currently be sitting in the f2p section of steam with "34 people currently in game".

Realistically, this game sits somewhere between Aion, Rift and Tera...it should not be mentioned in the same conversations as fully supported MMORPG's such as WoW, Final Fantasy XIV, GW2, Eve online etc. Yes liking those (or this game) is very much based on opinion but it is a fact that those games are 1. MMORPG's and 2. Have frequent content releases.

To put it in perspective, WoW has had 9 raids since shadow of revan (last SWTOR raid). Yes 9.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.