Lite side Token Question?

Jedi-Sky-Seer

Playing on my main and doing some heroics for CXP.. I happen to click on the currency tab in inventory

there i noticed that my lite side tokens didnt match with my Command Level...I thought for every level i recieved

a lite side token.. the difference was 5 less ..Do the first five levels NOT count?..was there maybe a bug?

So i checked this out on a few other chars..same thing..Anyone else see this?

A light-sided character will get a light-side token when he gains a command rank during a light-side victory state.

(Light-sided means personal alignment is not negative. A neutral char at +10 will get a token as well.)

Any command ranks gained outside your alignment's victory state are wasted in terns of D/L tokens.

A neutral char can play the system: make sure his alignment matches the winning side before gaining a command rank for the winner's token and then change alignment and join a world boss group for the loser's token.

Edited by Mubrak

I asked while in game "how do you get lightside/darkside tokens and they stated that if your side wins you have about an hour before it resets to basically level your command rank then you should get your tokens now how many you get I really don't have a clue...

EDIT- Dang want quick enough to type this out fast enough :)

Edited by Legolose

You get a token if your side is winning when you gain a command rank.

It doesn't have to have won -- IE: It doesn't need to be at 5 and in the "win hour".

There was some debate about this in my guild so I tested it.

Light was at 2, I gained my rank, I received a Light token.

I still don't like this as a system. When I'm playing and enjoying the game, I don't want to stop playing because the other side is winning and I'm afraid to gain a rank. The system strongly discourages me from playing as much.

I still don't like this as a system. When I'm playing and enjoying the game, I don't want to stop playing because the other side is winning and I'm afraid to gain a rank. The system strongly discourages me from playing as much.
I agree with that.

It's like the game itself is holding my gameplay hostage: I can play, but if I do, I'll cheat myself out of a reward.

I agree with that.

It's like the game itself is holding my gameplay hostage: I can play, but if I do, I'll cheat myself out of a reward.

Do either of the vendors have anything you really want? Nothing there screams "must have" to me. Consequently it means nothing to me. I refuse to let the extra win-state CXP hold my gameplay hostage.

I hate the alignment scale bloat they added. I hate the "everything gives alignment points" mechanic. I hate that they subverted a story mechanic to push a lame gameplay feature. I loathe that unavoidable and garish popup that actively interferes with playable content.

The only thing I can think of the vendors sell that I am aiming for is a Bind to Legacy pistol shell so I can pass item modifications around on my account. I have several lightsabers but nothing for my non-Force using characters.

The T.H.O.R.N. blaster was the easiest one for me to afford from the event vendors. The orange that drops from the starter stories are now all BoL (except BH, that one is bugged). Shouldn't take all that long to grind thru especially if you only stick to the class storyline.

A neutral char can play the system: make sure his alignment matches the winning side before gaining a command rank for the winner's token and then change alignment and join a world boss group for the loser's token.

Ah. I remember players asking for years "what's the incentive of playing a neutral character?" Now there is finally one. Diplomacy makes it easy to stay around 0.

The only thing I can think of the vendors sell that I am aiming for is a Bind to Legacy pistol shell so I can pass item modifications around on my account. I have several lightsabers but nothing for my non-Force using characters.

Create a smuggler, trooper or imperial agent, level them through the first planet and get a legacy tech weapon.

Smuggler would be my choice as their legacy weapon is Flashy. Level two smugglers through the starter planet and you can dual wield them.

Ah. I remember players asking for years "what's the incentive of playing a neutral character?" Now there is finally one. Diplomacy makes it easy to stay around 0.

Unless I am mistaken, you can be light 5 even and choose the dark side for the DvL stuff and vice versa.

I believe that DvL is separate and different from personal alignment.

Unless I am mistaken, you can be light 5 even and choose the dark side for the DvL stuff and vice versa.

I believe that DvL is separate and different from personal alignment.

You get alignment points (based on your DvL selection) for everything you kill. It isn't a lot, but it adds up. While you could technically be at Light V or Dark V and play with the opposite force alignment selected, if you kill enough stuff you'll eventually drop to Light or Dark IV.

You also get alignment points for crafting, based on your DvL selection.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

The problem is not only that it is annoying that my reward is determined by how everyone else plays (ie, I can either choose not to play a LS char when DS is winning, or forget about the tokens) but that also the whole process is bugged. I have not gotten tokens on quite a lot of ranks despite being on the "winning" faction. So, no. This whole concept is just perfectly designed to further piss players off. Well done.

What you call useless, I call highly desirable.

Not everybody plays the game the same way you do.

This. There's definitely at least 1 speeder on either side that I want.

I don't get tokens unless the server's actually a victory state though. I'm not sure how these people who are getting tokens while their side is dominant but not victorious are getting them.

I usually level a character through a GC level until they're within spitting distance of levelling. If that alignment isn't in a victory state, then I switch characters and wait until it is. Last time the Light Side won, I had 4 different characters to switch through and level, haha.

The problem is not only that it is annoying that my reward is determined by how everyone else plays (ie, I can either choose not to play a LS char when DS is winning, or forget about the tokens) but that also the whole process is bugged. I have not gotten tokens on quite a lot of ranks despite being on the "winning" faction. So, no. This whole concept is just perfectly designed to further piss players off. Well done.

I'm at rank 90 something and I have never seen it bug to where I don't get a token when I should. It goes by your personal alignment, not what you have toggled.

I guess I'm in the minority in that I like the LvD system. Anything that adds more layers to the game is good, imo. Especially since most people have alts, you can just play whichever alt is with the winning side. Sometimes I have a hard time deciding who to play, so it kinda helps :)

Also, everything on the DvL vendors are cosmetic, so you really can just ignore it if you don't like it.

The only negative I see to it is that if you start a new character, it takes too long to get a good dark or light rank and can really screw up your story if you don't want it to think you're neutral.