Corso and weapon options

Dayshadow

Is there some reason Corso can only use blaster pistols?

He has cutscene animations where he now holds an invisible blaster rifle. The codex says he can equip blaster rifles and sniper rifles. He has one when you first meet him on Ord Mantell.

Why, Bioware? Why take away his ability to use blaster rifles?

Welcome back. I see you missed the original brouhaha. :o It was connected with the companion overhaul. Companions got grouped into certain kinds of weapons and attacks. Originally Corso could use his blaster rifles but not pistols. People complained that Corso was then unable to use Torchy which he spends a good deal of time trying to get back. The solution was to switch him to the pistol group so he could use Torchy. The side effect as that he no is unable to use blaster pistols.

Welcome back. I see you missed the original brouhaha. :o It was connected with the companion overhaul. Companions got grouped into certain kinds of weapons and attacks. Originally Corso could use his blaster rifles but not pistols. People complained that Corso was then unable to use Torchy which he spends a good deal of time trying to get back. The solution was to switch him to the pistol group so he could use Torchy. The side effect as that he no is unable to use blaster pistols.

Corso used to be able to use both blaster rifles and pistols. This makes no sense to put these limits. Thank you for stating what happened, but the question is why? WHY, Bioware? If you can't change the cutscene animations to feature a pistol then you don't need to be changing the weapon to pistols only and have him carrying some stupid looking invisible gun. It's like they get together and say, "Well, this isn't broken. Let's break it."

There is no reason for this. There is no reason for Corso (or any gun wielding type) to not be able to use ALL guns. Stats no longer matter. I kind of like trooper types like Rusk, Iresso and all the trooper companions solely having access to assault cannons, but even then I see no reason to not let others use one if people want. To each his own.

Its been long time since I played a JK so I don't know how it is in chapters 1-3 but when you get Rusk via Odessen missions -he no longer uses assault cannon. Just rifles and sniper.

This is messing with vanilla content, and I'm not content with that :(

In some cases, like Jorgan or even Corso its somehow justified. With Rusk -don't know why. I'd like a companion with big gun, and now its a no no.

Its a sad example how the present dev crew don't give a dime for vanilla content.

For people like me, that can play end game content from time to time but mainly re-play original chapters (since levelling is so fast now) -this is one of the crucial things that need to be addressed.

Things like messed up cutscenes on Consular ship (made me stop levelling another consular in Chapter 2).

Things like final bosses downgraded to level 12.

etc

What cutscene is messed up on consular ship?

The ones when you are in your conference room with the Rift Alliance. The Alliance members are doubled/cloned. You see one talking and their clone is standing besides. Or, if I recall correctly 2 different person sit in the same chair (like a head is poking out of someone's chest). After the first cutscene like this, I realized there's gonna be a conference room talk as a reward for every finished planet. Didn't want to look at messed up cutscenes.

A large number of changes were made in the massive revamp of companions for 4.0.

Not just Corso was singled out here... so maybe take a step back a bit and actually search the internet and become aware of what they did and why.... especially when you have been gone for a while. Overall, companions are better now then back in the day. More flexible in role use, able to be turbo-charged through building influence with them (something made much more straightforward and predictable in 5.0 with making rank 5 companion gifts low cost and unlimited supply via a vendor now), and still able to customize appearance on the pre-4.0 companions.

Overall, even though some weapon restrictions resulted from the overhaul of companions, I actually think in many cases they were fixing weapon mistakes that went live at launch.. so I really don't see the problem. Weapon and stat choices for some companions really did not make sense in the launch release, and were artifacts of flip-flopping changes by the studio during beta.

If you have been gone for a year or more on this game.. best to let go of how it was and to learn and embrace what it is today.

If you have been gone for a year or more on this game.. best to let go of how it was and to learn and embrace what it is today.

The problem I have is that there are cutscenes that demand certain weapons and now you have people brandishing invisible guns. It's annoying. Now maybe you don't care and that's cool, but I do. Corso is "hardwired" for a blaster rifle. He should have a blaster rifle. It racks my nerves seeing him holding air.

The problem I have is that there are cutscenes that demand certain weapons and now you have people brandishing invisible guns. It's annoying. Now maybe you don't care and that's cool, but I do. Corso is "hardwired" for a blaster rifle. He should have a blaster rifle. It racks my nerves seeing him holding air.

Then bug report them so they can get queued for a fix.

Then bug report them so they can get queued for a fix.

or they could actually play the game once in a while and see these things for themselves.

What are we -quality control now? This is not some bug that happens only in certain situations on certain remote areas etc. This is a major feature/selling point of this game that does not work properly. Have you seen the bugged cutscenes on Consular ship? I'm sure someone put them o youtube.

I'm first to praise good work when they do it. I'm also not first to jump and bash them for new bugs with expansions -I know they are bound to happen. But I expect them to fix major immersion breaking bugs in due time.

That's why I feel they neglect vanilla game (story chapters). Which are still better than what they release nowadays.

Edited by jstankaroslo