The one thing TOR does better than anyone else

Vaestmannaeyjar

Yeah, its more of a player driven economy than other MMO's I have seen. There is no need for loads of cash for epic gear drops and less farming for mats.

You want want some armor? Give me 10-20 min and my companion army can build it for you at dirt cheap at cost.

Yeah, its more of a player driven economy than other MMO's I have seen. There is no need for loads of cash for epic gear drops and less farming for mats.

You want want some armor? Give me 10-20 min and my companion army can build it for you at dirt cheap at cost.

Those 2 things have nothing to do with one another. The economy is barely player driven because you can get basically anything without a crafter. The only reason I hit up my guilds crafters is to see if any of them have armor that looks different then what I have. Mods, Enhancements, Hilts, Barrels etc can all be gotten through quests and the best stuff is in instances. This game will end up with a WoW like economy, where the sub tier epics are crafted and the best gear is received through raiding. And with companions doing most of the work for you, mats won't be that expensive on the AH so there won't be a lot of profit, whereas had we had to do it ourselves without missions, a stack of say Rubat might go for 3k credits, as opposed to "whatever, ill just make a alt and spend a hour to do it myself.". Right now I have all the crafting/gathering and mission skills in game on alts as it takes such a miniscule amount of time to get them, the only time I can see myself using the AH is when rare schematics are finally found and I want it to be one of the first with it.

The reason you don't see gold (well, credit) spammers as much is because of what you must do to get in game.

For something like WoW, I just go and buy the game - it's $20 now, sometimes $10. I can spam away until they ban me.

For this, I must buy the game, which is $50, at the very least. THEN I must put in CC info (which means a gold seller must either have access to stolen card #s or use their own, which puts them in danger) or buy a game card. Now, if I buy a game card, I'm in it for $80. If I'm a spammer, I'm really out a lot of money for possibly nothing. And, considering how they ban people who post such things quickly, then it's really not worth it.

Edited by pocketthesaurus