Season 7 Update

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Let’s talk about Season 7. We have just finished our full investigation of Season 7 and a few things have happened. All users who were found to be win-trading, hacking, botting, etc. have had their Season 7 ratings wiped out on all of their characters, they have been removed from the leaderboards, and appropriate ToS action has been levied against their account. With those actions being taken, we have gone ahead and sent the top 96 titles to the top performers of Season 7, so be sure to check your mailbox.

We wanted to explain a little bit about why this process delayed the Season 7 rewards. In past seasons we started to get a pretty good lock on how players were cheating. The "how" is important as it enables us to find those players quickly and consistently. Over time as players realize we can track how they are doing this, they change methods and we need to change with them. As we got towards the end of S7, between player reports and some suspicious things in our data, we could see that players were starting to dodge our ability to catch them. We then delayed the top 96 rewards specifically so that we could really deep dive into what was going on.

The “TLDR” of all of this is that through our investigation we were able to lock-on once again to how players are win-trading/cheating and how to identify them. We’ve eliminated them from the top 96 of Season 7 and we will continue to apply this knowledge into Season 8. Again I want to thank all of you for your continued reports of these players.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

Hey folks,

Let’s talk about Season 7. We have just finished our full investigation of Season 7 and a few things have happened. All users who were found to be win-trading, hacking, botting, etc. have had their Season 7 ratings wiped out on all of their characters, they have been removed from the leaderboards, and appropriate ToS action has been levied against their account. With those actions being taken, we have gone ahead and sent the top 96 titles to the top performers of Season 7, so be sure to check your mailbox.

We wanted to explain a little bit about why this process delayed the Season 7 rewards. In past seasons we started to get a pretty good lock on how players were cheating. The "how" is important as it enables us to find those players quickly and consistently. Over time as players realize we can track how they are doing this, they change methods and we need to change with them. As we got towards the end of S7, between player reports and some suspicious things in our data, we could see that players were starting to dodge our ability to catch them. We then delayed the top 96 rewards specifically so that we could really deep dive into what was going on.

The “TLDR” of all of this is that through our investigation we were able to lock-on once again to how players are win-trading/cheating and how to identify them. We’ve eliminated them from the top 96 of Season 7 and we will continue to apply this knowledge into Season 8. Again I want to thank all of you for your continued reports of these players.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Mr. Musco,

For every single season that ranked arena has been a thing, there has been an exploit by using an outside program to be able to manipulate their characters and leave the map. This has allowed these exploiters to leave the map becoming invulnerable, and dodge the acid at the end of the game resulting in a win for them. This has been a major problem for years now. Do you know if anything is in the works to fix these maps so that they can no longer be exploited? I believe the general consensus from the players with programming experience is that fixing the maps and where the acid hits is easier than detecting the actual hacks.

Thank you.

Acid mechanic has to be changed, certain classes have a massive advantage when it comes to it since the beginning.

As for the hacking, they need to think about some new options, like putting a killzone around the arena or something.

Rishi map has to be removed from rotation because it's still not fixed, ocasionally kills people, easy to get stuck on invisible colliders and is incredibly imbalanceed toward melee.

Also cheaters still got their titles. -_-

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Round expiration mechanic really does need to be changed from acid to something more like dampening from WoW. Neither winning nor losing ranked games because of acid strats feels good at all. Acid rounds' outcomes are often times not at all reflective of who was putting on the most pressure during the round.

Round expiration mechanic really does need to be changed from acid to something more like dampening from WoW. Neither winning nor losing ranked games because of acid strats feels good at all. Acid rounds' outcomes are often times not at all reflective of who was putting on the most pressure during the round.

I like that idea. But if that was implemented into the game right now, it would make games with hackers never ending. Something like this needs to be implemented after they fix the arenas. Preferably with something like a kill zone outside of it.

I like that idea. But if that was implemented into the game right now, it would make games with hackers never ending. Something like this needs to be implemented after they fix the arenas. Preferably with something like a kill zone outside of it.

Killzone with on collider enter or something may sound good but hackers will always find spots wher they will be unreachable by players / gas while not entering the killzone. It may also cause other problems as it is not unusual for leapers to but out and fall of the map (they'd reset back to spawn after reaching a certain point) as well as people getting knocked up in the air vertically by, say, sniper or force push because they were jumping at the time. :l

Eric,

Tha nk you for the update.

Also, Season 7 was lacking something in rewards that alot of people were working for, ranked weapons and armor crate. There was much feedback give about this on forum.

Will this issue be addressed in season 8?

I would really hope for a response on this one.

thank you!

Edited by AlCorazon

Eric,

Tha nk you for the update.

Also, Season 7 was lacking something in rewards that alot of people were working for, ranked weapons and armor crate. There was much feedback give about this on forum.

Will this issue be addressed in season 8?

I would really hope for a response on this one.

thank you!

In the spirit of 5.0, I'm guessing it'll be a bronze, silver, or gold crate with an RNG chance to get something really nifty, but most people with get Jawa Scrap, companion gift, and some stupid title like Mesa Mauler.

That's very nice. I love it that you doing something again cheating.

But what is with players that not cheat and if somebody like me play nearlly only random and I play with cheater that actually wintraden with an loosing toons?

Pls look t3-m4 some results are really crazy. Players with legacy over 50k kills with the mega class commando actually but if thye play in my grp for example some rounds with 780 heal or 0 heal.

At our server ranked was nearlly dead so I make something to belive it. A few number of players thought that ranked is only for them and mobbing and offend lots of players.

A lit bit number of players hate my promotion RANKED IS FOR EVERYBODY and destroy my rating.(ranked is for everybody is that I pay every not regular pvp/ranked Player 100k credits per game if they come in an game with me. It works mega. Much more new players now play ranked)

Pls look at top ranked players on our server but if they are with the loosing toons in my grps too. That would be nice.

Sorry but the German support do nothing again them. 😣

Thx and friendly regards

Poker

Edited by POKERHOLIC

As we got towards the end of S7, between player reports and some suspicious things in our data, we could see that players were starting to dodge our ability to catch them.

This is the exact reason why solo ranked should be scrapped.

I've lost rating because of these players, sometimes 15 loses in a row. Am I ever going to get that rating back? No I'm not. And it's pretty unlikely I'm going to win 15 games in a row to get my rating back up to what it was, because all of those factors....player skill, hackers, win traders, quitters, all affect how the game goes and therefore my rating. You will never refund the rating i've lost because of these factors.

There's no way of knowing whether a person win trades or not. They could see their friend in the other team and then play slightly worse in order to give them an advantage...how exactly do you look at this in the metrics? How do you look at the person in front of the keyboard who is communicating with their friend over another program?

Hey folks,

We wanted to explain a little bit about why this process delayed the Season 7 rewards.

-eric

Hi.

Thanks for the update on this.

Could we get any chance to have a round of conversation with dev team about the possible changes to classes.

Some of them are just fixes (simple buggs here and there), while the other require more of a discussion (balance issues). Simple buggs could be fixed quite fast and would help classes to perform any environment (PVE/PVP) as it should.

I know this might not be the place, nor the time, but i personaly feel we lost all lines of communication with the dev team.

thanks.

• 6 months later...

Hey,

I earned a Season 7 Top 3 Reward but never actually got the reward. As you should know the rewards for Top96 where handed out later as the normal rewards because you wanted to clean the Leaderboards of wintraders.

After the Cleanse of the Leaderboard i reached Top 96 in Group Ranked with my Character: , Class: Commando, Server: T3-M4 Name: Qpvpuuliyucktsi .

Eric Musco said on the Forums that people who did not receive the rewards despite reaching Top96 should contact the support to get their rewards.

I tried to contact the German Support but they didn't grant me my rewards because they didn't know the exact details.

So I didn't receive my Top96 Rewards.

The offiziell link from The Devs:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9207361#edit9207361

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20160919

Hey,

I earned a Season 7 Top 3 Reward but never actually got the reward. As you should know the rewards for Top96 where handed out later as the normal rewards because you wanted to clean the Leaderboards of wintraders.

After the Cleanse of the Leaderboard i reached Top 96 in Group Ranked with my Character: , Class: Commando, Server: T3-M4 Name: Qpvpuuliyucktsi .

Eric Musco said on the Forums that people who did not receive the rewards despite reaching Top96 should contact the support to get their rewards.

I tried to contact the German Support but they didn't grant me my rewards because they didn't know the exact details.

So I didn't receive my Top96 Rewards.

The offiziell link from The Devs:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9207361#edit9207361

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20160919

A. nice necro :rak_03:

B. The top 3 rewards are for the top 3 global, not server wide. Looks like you were top 3 on T3-M4, but not global.

http://www.swtor.com/leaderboards/class/comando-mercenary (make sure to select Season 7 and group since that looks like what you are interested in).

Lord Turin its for the top 3 in solo and group for the top 3 rep and imp per advance class.

A little bit math.

4 Classes Imp

8 Advance Classes Imp

24 Top 3 Advance Imp Classes in Solo

48 Top 3 Advance Classes in Solo and Group just for Imp site

Take that x2 becasue of Rep site you get 96 Top Titel for the Top 3.