Another Empty Crate...

Myriandore

Yeah but crafted don't produce set bonuses - do they in this system?

Not to mention that usually crafted itemization is never as good as drop from raids. Is the ratio of secondary stats on crafted now as good as what you'd get from raid stuff?

you can't craft set bonus, but i already had my 224-6-piece-bonus at all my alts and changed it with the help of them into 230 to 236.

this the crafted 240s, there is not such a hugh improvement to full 242 and as said many times,

your group is limited to the slowest one. maybe i would need a update if we are in front of brontes MM,

but atm not in range. let us see, what happens after 01/24. if they change it that way, that you can farm your 240/242 via pvp... lol

I got command rank 300. From 120 tier 3 crates:

5 legendary 242 - 3 useful (main hand, offhand, bracer) - alacrit relic and one more offhand

11 purple 240 - (bracer,belt,gloves,legs,2 implants, ear and mastery relic) - rest duplicates

so my legendary drop rate is around 4.2% (2,5% useful)

and purple 9.2% (6,7% useful)

i read somewhere that after 300 chance for good item is better.

From 15 packs so far:

0 legendary

3 useless purple i already have

best part is that from 315 crates there was 0 power relic

on the other hand i got many useful schematics. I can almost craft full 240 gear to my dps, heal and tank alts and

my credits went from 10M at start of 5.0 to 1100M right now.

Well, last time I checked they want to remove some portion of the RNG system in the next update. I recently came back and started playing again. So far I got my scoundrel to CL 60 and Commando to CL 20. I had two useful schematic drops on scoundrel and 1 set item. I had 3 (THREE) set items on my Commando, a relic and a useful schematic by the time I was CL 15 on my Commando. Tough luck :).

EDIT: Forgot, that I also had two purple weapon drops on scoundrel and an offhand on Commando.

Best regards,

Kalantris

Edited by Kalantris

Well, last time I checked they want to remove some portion of the RNG system in the next update. I recently came back and started playing again. So far I got my scoundrel to CL 60 and Commando to CL 20. I had two useful schematic drops on scoundrel and 1 set item. I had 3 (THREE) set items on my Commando, a relic and a useful schematic by the time I was CL 15 on my Commando. Tough luck :).

EDIT: Forgot, that I also had two purple weapon drops on scoundrel and an offhand on Commando.

Best regards,

Kalantris

They aren't changing anything about crates, they are only adding another way to chase a specific 240 level non set bonus piece of gear.

If you want 242 level gear with set bonuses you still have to offer your sacrifices to the RNGods.

They aren't changing anything about crates, they are only adding another way to chase a specific 240 level non set bonus piece of gear.

If you want 242 level gear with set bonuses you still have to offer your sacrifices to the RNGods.

The underlined part is not correct! With the new additional way being implemented with Patch 5.1 you will be able to get *Set-Items* also an other way in addition to the Command-Crates.

Just read the notes on Dulfy's site and watch the streams linked there...

http://dulfy.net/2017/01/05/swtor-jan-5-producers-livestream-coverage/

http://dulfy.net/2016/12/15/swtor-december-15-producers-livestream/

Best regards

Kage

The underlined part is not correct! With the new additional way being implemented with Patch 5.1 you will be able to get *Set-Items* also an other way in addition to the Command-Crates.

This is not "an other way in addition to" command crates. You'd still need to grind command levels and open command crates to get the command tokens needed to convert the drops to gear.

Edited by mike_carton

This is not "an other way in addition to" command crates. You'd still need to grid command levels and open command crates to get the command tokens needed to convert the drops to gear.

Yes you are right BUT you have no longer to depend on the drop (RNG) from the Cmd-Crates because those Tokens are a guaranteed drop from them! So you may still need to farm those crates but with each crate you'll get a Token and with those Tokens or in combination with loot from OPs you'll be able to get Set-Items.

Sure it is not a fast way but it still is an other way to the way of *praying to the RNG-God* and hoping for a damn *********** Set-Item to drop from a Cmd-Crate :cool: ...

Best regards

Kage

I am currently sitting at command rank 231 with only 5 set piece drops

This is what I am currently running with

1 224 bracer set piece

1 230 chest set piece(240 blue mod/ench)

1 230 belt set piece (240 blue mod)

1 234 hand set piece

1 234 relic crafted

1 236 boot set piece

1 236 relic

1 236 implant

1 240 helm blue armor/ench (crafted 240 purple mod)

1 240 leg set piece

1 240 implant

1 240 ear crafted

1 240 mh crafted

1 240 oh crafted

50 levels in Tier 3 and only 2 items, and I just got those in the past 5 levels.

Only 3 234s in Tier 2

And 3 230s in Tier 1

**** RNG

I am currently sitting at command rank 231 with only 5 set piece drops

This is what I am currently running with

1 224 bracer set piece

1 230 chest set piece(240 blue mod/ench)

1 230 belt set piece (240 blue mod)

1 234 hand set piece

1 234 relic crafted

1 236 boot set piece

1 236 relic

1 236 implant

1 240 helm blue armor/ench (crafted 240 purple mod)

1 240 leg set piece

1 240 implant

1 240 ear crafted

1 240 mh crafted

1 240 oh crafted

50 levels in Tier 3 and only 2 items, and I just got those in the past 5 levels.

Only 3 234s in Tier 2

And 3 230s in Tier 1

**** RNG

But admit it. The RNG was exciting!

Basically, BW is artificially extending the process of acquiring gear and thus slowing the rate at which we progress.

For most, even average raiders, we'd already be fully geared in a tier or another. But this system forces us to grind thru time to qualify for the next tier up.

I profoundly effing resent the fact that now time has become the only determining factor to get geared where it should totally be skills.