How much CXP do you think you should be getting?

Soul_of_Flames

You shouldn't base it on ''Difficulty'' .

That's BS . because alot of peoples don't care for the ''Difficulty'' level and never will do them . So you just penalise them cose you can .

The reward should be based on how long it take to do . based it on TIME Solo or NOT . Some Story chapter take forever (and they went as far as making the chapters repeatable for a reason) . Some heroic take longer as well.....so the CXP nonsense should reflect that .

Exactly. I'd love to see crates assigned by how many hours you devote to what you're doing. If a flashpoint takes a player an hour and a half, they should get one crate + half an hour credit toward the next. Maybe a "difficulty modifier" could be added for harder stuff like elites dropping time credit tokens, or the activity pays in exclusive gear or additional credits.

Heck, ops would be worth doing again, if you could come out with two or three crates. People wouldn't be throwing themselves against Uprisings and grinding certain KOTFE chapters into oblivion, but instead would go back to the content they really want to play.

Edited by JainiaDral
elaborating

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If what I've seen thus far from the crates I bothered to open and the ones friends actually have opened...

If I had to answer the question "How much CXP do you think you should be getting?" I'd reply

"Given what I've seen thus far, ideally... none"

I mean what difference does it make in how fast you get boxes when you randomly get bird guano, cow dung, or horse manure out of them.

Some people love boss fight mechanics and find them "fun." I find them irritating, pointless, and sometimes so deadly stupid I can't mentally play around them. Far be it from me to declare that they're not fun for anyone except me, because I'd be wrong. Just like in this case, where you're deadly wrong.

So, I'm in the same place as you are for PvE. I have less than no interest for grouped PvE content in this game, and I was burned out on endgame raiding several MMOs ago (and I've done WAY more than my share of it, both as a raider and as a cat-herder organizing them). The absolute last thing I want to do in this game is ops, and the PvE soloability of this game is one of the things that I really love.

But even with all that said, I still recognize that there should be some kind of commensurate reward for those that want to put in the extra effort and skill needed to successfully pull off difficult raids. Furthermore, they have much higher gear requirements than I do for PvE and I recognize that.

Just my 2c as a solo PvE and (now primarily) PvP player.

Edited by stoopicus

CXP from raids needs to be at least doubled for SM, tripled or quadrupled for HM and even more for nim.

They could even just give you an entire crate per boss cos as 2 posts above said, all you get in crates is greens anyway.

Edited by DarthZaul

So, I'm in the same place as you are for PvE. I have less than no interest for grouped PvE content in this game, and I was burned out on endgame raiding several MMOs ago (and I've done WAY more than my share of it, both as a raider and as a cat-herder organizing them). The absolute last thing I want to do in this game is ops, and the PvE soloability of this game is one of the things that I really love.

But even with all that said, I still recognize that there should be some kind of commensurate reward for those that want to put in the extra effort and skill needed to successfully pull off difficult raids. Furthermore, they have much higher gear requirements than I do for PvE and I recognize that.

Nobody said they shouldn't . The issue here , is how someone who want the Higher difficulty said that those who play Solo stuff should get less . And if they wanted more , they should join the Elite .

That is the main issue .

I think you're quoting the wrong post. I'd love to see time per crate being equal across the board. That doesn't mean that certain things shouldn't have additional modifiers. Maybe gear token drops per boss, as before. Maybe additional "credit" toward your next crate. Maybe the tiers of crates can be tied to the activity, until you hit a certain command rank. So, harder level ops might reward tier 2 crates, while heroics are tier 1 if you're at the first command rank. Then at rank 2, ops rewards tier 3 crates, while heroics reward tier 2. Etc.

There needs to be a modifier for bad luck too. A special vendor who sells set bonus gear that you can access once you've hit the requisite command rank, maybe, who sells pieces you're missing for 250-500K credits apiece.

Love to see the grind levels taken down too. 300 is way too much. Collapsing it to 150 would be far better. As would removing the garbage greens from the crates.

Edited by JainiaDral
elaborating

I think I have completely disintegrated the last three crates in a row on my main. Literally nothing of value for me, sidegrades at best and rep tokens for things I had max rep with.

I have been last 10 levels. Last 2...sadly I got an implant I had a better version of. Jawa junk. 1 empty bounty hunter belt. Disintegrate. Next crate....SAME DARN THING. all 3. The same.. Who has that happen? Bleh.

Reminder, CXP is for everyone not just elite level players.

I have 0 problem with the fix Bioware is doing in 5.1 to put gear drops back in Ops and other related changes. That is the extra reward for playing the hard content.

But the basic xp reward for simply playing the game is entirely too slow. I'm only at level 21 and have already been burnt out over this system for weeks. I just don't have any interest in playing when the progression is so slow. 1 crate per hour should be the standard, which was what we were told to expect by Bioware. Why isn't this part being fixed?

Reminder, CXP is for everyone not just elite level players.

I have 0 problem with the fix Bioware is doing in 5.1 to put gear drops back in Ops and other related changes. That is the extra reward for playing the hard content.

But the basic xp reward for simply playing the game is entirely too slow. I'm only at level 21 and have already been burnt out over this system for weeks. I just don't have any interest in playing when the progression is so slow. 1 crate per hour should be the standard, which was what we were told to expect by Bioware. Why isn't this part being fixed?

Agree. Honestly I look forward to the PvP weekly crafting crate *far* more than I do the CXP crates at this point.

Edited by stoopicus

Yes it is penalizing easy content . You went from 200 CXP per chapter to 80 CXP . How is that not punishing peoples ?.

For it to be punishing, then it would mean that doing Harder content would make the easier content give less.

Easier content getting a base amount and harder content getting more of that is not a punishment to easier modes, it's a bonus to harder modes.

For it to be punishing, then it would mean that doing Harder content would make the easier content give less.

Easier content getting a base amount and harder content getting more of that is not a punishment to easier modes, it's a bonus to harder modes.

Exactly. "Someone did more and is getting more in reward than I am" is not punishing you, it's rewarding them. Which is how it should be.

Edited by stoopicus

It's 100% punishing players since the chapters give a base CXP far higher than you're suggesting. So you're talking about cutting CXP for a part of the player base. Pretty much the definition of "punishing."

So why did you reduce it from 200CXP to 80 CXP ?

It's 100% punishing players since the chapters give a base CXP far higher than you're suggesting. So you're talking about cutting CXP for a part of the player base. Pretty much the definition of "punishing."

No, that's just a good argument to increase the base amount he is suggesting, and as he mentioned, he is taking suggestions. What you are saying and what SerraShar is saying (which is what he is arguing against) are two different things.

No, that's just a good argument to increase the base amount he is suggesting, and as he mentioned, he is taking suggestions. What you are saying and what SerraShar is saying (which is what he is arguing against) are two different things.

But I dont get why he is arguing . Nobody said solo player that play easy stuff should get more then those who do veterant or NIM or watever . None .

So he doesnt want the chapter reward to be shrunk to 80CXP ?

So, it's supposed to be a +80 CXP? I was taking them as suggested flat amount rewards. If that's the case, I apologize, because I misunderstood.

I still think the whole premise of "faster progress per difficulty" is flawed. The whole idea behind GC is that you can take multiple paths to get the same gear. So that players who might not otherwise get a chance to participate in other activities might be able to buff the dying parts of the game. Maybe some solo player might be inspired to try SM ops if (s)he could gear-- not me, but I'm sure someone exists-- and thus bolster ops pops.

Edited by JainiaDral

So, it's supposed to be a +80 CXP? I was taking them as suggested flat amount rewards. If that's the case, I apologize, because I misunderstood.

I think he was actually saying 80 (though obviously I can't speak for him), and you (rightfully IMO) disagree with that, which merits a suggestion to increase the base (and also the harder mode reward).

What is actually being argued is whether or not there should be more rewards for harder modes. Unless I have totally misunderstood the discussion. Which I think there clearly should be.

I said 80 CXP for completing a story mode chapter.

I don't know what you mean by "reducing it." I just spit out numbers based on what I thought each thing was worth. Honestly, I haven't been grinding much CXP so I don't really know what most stuff gives.

Do SM chapters give 200 CXP now? Is that why you said reduced from 200 to 80? I thought you were talking about my suggestion for vet to be 200 and SM was 80.

If It currently gives 200, then my entire list needs to be upped.

Perhaps a better idea would be for each piece of content to have one set base reward. Then each difficulty would have a multiplier. Vet X2, Master X3, etc.

Edited by Soul_of_Flames

Personally, I feel that general story missions feel too light in the CXP. A WZ usually takes about 15 minutes and the reward seems about right. Some missions take a similar amount of time (or more) and reward much less.

The other thing I don't like about the current system is that each Command level requires more CXP than the previous one. When leveling a character (regular XP), you also have this system, but you also gain more XP for the same mission if you are a higher level, so it doesn't really feel like it takes more time. Also, at the end of gaining a character level, your character becomes more powerful ... while this gearing stuff, on the other hand, usually gives you nothing useful and then you start dreading having to do even more stuff for the next RNG crate you'll likely have to disintegrate.

I also think that the daily Bonus activity should be 2xCXP. Getting 20% more to grind repeat low-reward content isn't enough to really motivate this player.

Why not also give more for Event content to keep people interested in those?

I said 80 CXP for completing a story mode chapter.

I don't know what you mean by "reducing it." I just spit out numbers based on what I thought each thing was worth. Honestly, I haven't been grinding much CXP so I don't really know what most stuff gives.

Do SM chapters give 200 CXP now? Is that why you said reduced from 200 to 80? I thought you were talking about my suggestion for vet to be 200 and SM was 80.

If It currently gives 200, then my entire list needs to be upped.

Perhaps a better idea would be for each piece of content to have one set base reward. Then each difficulty would have a multiplier. Vet X2, Master X3, etc.

Oh wow. All those skytroopers and endless Stomp Simulator™ moments, and cutscenes, etc. are only worth 80 CXP in your eyes? I have no words. None. I thought 200 CXP was far too low, TBH. They should be at least 400, minimum. They take longer than a planet of boring low-level heroics.

The best measure isn't CXP, but time as originally stated. I think crates should be elevated by a multiplier of one or two tiers depending on content, and depending on command rank.

Command rank 1, to level 50:

Story = 1 tier 1 crate per hour

Vet/Master/OPS/PVP, CR 1 = 1 tier 2 crate per hour

Command rank 2, to level 100:

Story = 1 tier 2 crate per hour

Vet/Master/Ops/PVP = 1 tier 3 crate per hour

Command rank 3, to level 150:

Story = 1 tier 3 crate per hour

Vet/Master/Ops/PVP = 2 tier 3 crates per hour

150+, access to top level vendor on fleet for missing set piece gear priced affordably in credits

Edited by JainiaDral

I'm just curious to see what people's thoughts on how much CXP they think they should get

I think all this "suggestion" stuff is nonsence, I mean are you a tester? NO! We are customers, not test subjects to Bioware!! Doesnt anyone realize that they are turning paying customers into test subjects?

I mean seriously, they introduce a system, just throw in some numbers and then react based on what happens!! That is crazy! Are they going bankrupt? That they need to use players for testing this? On Live?