Thank You for the Stream Today BW

fatsi

Thank you for wasting 40 minutes of our time talking about what you talked about in the last stream, giving us no clues about long-term plans, addressing no in-game issues like class balance, bugs and server conditions, and answering no questions about new ops, wzs, or other types of content that will or will not come.

The entire stream consisted of 30 minutes of what was covered in the last stream, and 10 minutes of telling what is told in the stream again. No serious questions were answered.

The answers of all the real questions that were answered were already provided before in the dev tracker and/or the previous stream. The other questions that were answered were garbage, and was like, 'What about Arcann and Kai Zyken romance?' I will get banned from the forums if I make a comment about why would people want 'romance content' in a video game.

Literally in every stream, people ask for ops for the entirety of the streams, and they are all always ignored.

Sorry to whine and cry,

Sorry to doom and gloom.

Thank you for wasting 40 minutes of our time talking about what you talked about in the last stream, giving us no clues about long-term plans, addressing no in-game issues like class balance, bugs and server conditions, and answering no questions about new ops, wzs, or other types of content that will or will not come.

The entire stream consisted of 30 minutes of what was covered in the last stream, and 10 minutes of telling what is told in the stream again. No serious questions were answered.

The answers of all the real questions that were answered were already provided before in the dev tracker and/or the previous stream. The other questions that were answered were garbage, and was like, 'What about Arcann and Kai Zyken romance?' I will get banned from the forums if I make a comment about why would people want 'romance content' in a video game.

Literally in every stream, people ask for ops for the entirety of the streams, and they are all always ignored.

Sorry to whine and cry,

Sorry to doom and gloom.

DId they address the increase in ranked war zone hacking?

They did, they said they will "investigate" which means the people that are hacking in ranked are going to be able to do it for a while until they get banned or suspended.

It wasn't really worth watching and I enjoy banter and a laugh as much as the next person but if they sit there and go "Oh hey I just saw this!".. I tend to naively expect they're addressing a topic that genuinely matters to the community and instead you get "lolol Kai Zykken romancing Arcann haha I'm so doing that for 5.1!" and I just think there thinking... ugh.

I mean, have fun and enjoy yourself on a livestream but don't do it at the expense of ignoring valid and important questions regarding the game, from your players. Half the time the only comments they do acknowledge are ones they can have a little giggle with, meh.

Guess what. Yes, you guessed. "They are looking into it." PM Musco, report them in-game (as they told before). They said that the ranked ratings will be investigated. (as they told before). As if it will solve the problems of all those pvpers who suffered from all those hackings, like rating losses. Edited by fatsi

Wait... I'm confused. What makes Operations so desirable to do, as opposed to Uprisings? I thought Uprisings were, more or less, scaled-down Operations (little to no story component, lots of bosses and mobs to fight through, varying tactics for each boss, etc.). They're shorter, yeah, but don't they have most of the same content as an Operation would have...?

Sorry for the stupid question. I've never done an Operation (or Uprising), so that's my filthy casual ignorance showing itself.

Wait... I'm confused. What makes Operations so desirable to do, as opposed to Uprisings? I thought Uprisings were, more or less, scaled-down Operations (little to no story component, lots of bosses and mobs to fight through, varying tactics for each boss, etc.). They're shorter, yeah, but don't they have most of the same content as an Operation would have...?

Sorry for the stupid question. I've never done an Operation (or Uprising), so that's my filthy casual ignorance showing itself.

HMM, well I'd say

Uprisings are to Operations

as

Starter world side quest is to Oricon Weekly

Edited by Ryenke

Operations actually do have a story. Really. Uprisings are more similar to heroics then operations. Also operations are 8(or 16) person affairs not 4. But you could compair them to say single boss operations, tc and Xeon but those are really instanced world bosses. A real operation has varied tactics between bosses, some trash between most bosses though not all. And offer very different mechanics when you change the difficulty, uprisings just add more health and harder hitting boss fight....

Another thing is you can do uprisings with only two people and their companions because the tactics for the boss fights are very simplistic.

What server are you on? If it's Shadowlands, I expect I can get a group to take you through one ad you can see. (Now SM misses a lot of the mechanics, but ti would give you the idea.) Of course, do it quick because my team is disintegrating due to Galactic Command and the RNG gearing.

What baffles me is when you compare streams like this to streams with games like WoW.

Love or hate it, WoW always addresses where they're headed, pretty serious questions that deal with multiple categories of gameplay, and the lead developer pretty regularly admits mistakes and errors they've made, and how they're hoping to fix it.

At lest that's my spin on it.

After five years if you still expect specific information about a detailed plan/path (especially about something more than six months out) in any communication from BW you haven't been paying attention imo. There is no plan, there is no focus, there is no vision - there is random, hapless, desperate ideas.

What baffles me is when you compare streams like this to streams with games like WoW.

Love or hate it, WoW always addresses where they're headed, pretty serious questions that deal with multiple categories of gameplay, and the lead developer pretty regularly admits mistakes and errors they've made, and how they're hoping to fix it.

At lest that's my spin on it.

I agree. I mean, WoW isn't perfect either and neither is their Dev team... Ion's made his share of dumb comments and choices however their streams are usually far more informative and they're rarely afraid to touch on the more controversial topics even if they don't have an actual answer yet. They don't shy away from the bad or their own screw ups. And the streams are fun without him and Curly sitting there giggling like schoolgirls at jokes that stopped being funny 10 streams ago.

I agree. I mean, WoW isn't perfect either and neither is their Dev team... Ion's made his share of dumb comments and choices however their streams are usually far more informative and they're rarely afraid to touch on the more controversial topics even if they don't have an actual answer yet. They don't shy away from the bad or their own screw ups. And the streams are fun without him and Curly sitting there giggling like schoolgirls at jokes that stopped being funny 10 streams ago.

Exactly. I wasn't sure where I wanted to go after this, and it was stumbling upon one of their recent streams that made me decide to give WoW another good swing. It's not that it's amazing, but it's nice to have a dev team that seems aware.

This is depressing, and I'm glad I didn't watch it. Either we are a very vocal, very small minority and subs are popping, or these guys want this game to fail. It beats me.

All I know is I cancelled my sub and the proposed changes for 5.1 won't bring me back. The proposed changes are at best a bad compromise and at worst simply a placating gesture. How do these guys not get it?

Operations actually do have a story. Really. Uprisings are more similar to heroics then operations. Also operations are 8(or 16) person affairs not 4. But you could compair them to say single boss operations, tc and Xeon but those are really instanced world bosses. A real operation has varied tactics between bosses, some trash between most bosses though not all. And offer very different mechanics when you change the difficulty, uprisings just add more health and harder hitting boss fight....

Another thing is you can do uprisings with only two people and their companions because the tactics for the boss fights are very simplistic.

Ahhh... okay. Thank you. :) This makes sense now.

DanNV, thanks for the offer! I'm not on Shadowlands, though; I'm over on Begeren Colony. (And Ebon Hawk, but only low-level characters there, at least for now.)

They get it. The problem is that the game has turned into a battle of wills between whoever is making the decisions and players. Either players will walk or they will take whatever is given them. I don't think a middle ground will be reached at this rate.

If Ben or anyone who can pass word to him is reading these comments, please tell him to knock it off. I know the whales are enough to compensate for the loss of a lot of other players, but it's not enough. If this policy of pretending like you don't hear the complaints continues, it will keep on until eventually the whales are dissatisfied enough to leave too. It will hurt far more when they start to give up. Please don't take it to that point.

All I know is I cancelled my sub and the proposed changes for 5.1 won't bring me back. The proposed changes are at best a bad compromise and at worst simply a placating gesture. How do these guys not get it?

I did the same thing, cancelled right after Christmas one night. I don't know if I'll resub to try out 5.1 - I probably will, who am I fooling, I'm a Star Wars junky. But my mood towards this game has gone from one of eagerness to log on after the kids get to bed, to a sullen dread that this will be my final session because I just can't take it anymore.

This is depressing, and I'm glad I didn't watch it. Either we are a very vocal, very small minority and subs are popping, or these guys want this game to fail. It beats me.

Yeah, me too. 5.1 not even close to what I'd need to consider resubbing. SO dang depressing.

Edited by Ryenke