Help: How to gain Arcann if you completed the story and didnt unlock him

DarthFletcher

Hello there all.

Is there anyway to unlock the Arcann companion once you have played through th storyline the way you wanted to originally?

IE if you kept up the pretense that Arcann was not exactly the best thing for the Universe and killed him off in Chapter 6.

I decided to try get the companion, redid Chapter 1 and allowed Senya to go off on her merry way, is there something I missed between 1 and replaying Chapter 6 which only gives me the option I had when I first played.

Thanks in advance

Yeah, you cannot change any decisions you made by replaying chapters. You can make a different decision in that particular replay but it will have no affect on any subsequent chapters. So you will never be able to see what light side Arcann looks like or how he acts with that character as he will always turn up to the ball as Angry "You killed my mother!" Arcann.

For what it's worth, having done both LS and DS playthroughs on different characters, I don't see the point in the DS option at all. For some reason, Arcann can have the evil magically ripped out of him and he is essentially a good person now so he doesn't really deserve death and it's so much more rewarding to see Senya and Arcann live to finally destroy the man that destroyed their family. The alternative is just death, death, death all around and it's kind of a bummer.

• 4 years later...
People die if they are killed.

You can't recruit someone you killed. Reset chapters don't reset the original choices.

Yes and no.

I can't recruit Arcann either because I killed him off.

HOWEVER, Senna, Koth, Torian Cadera and Elara Dorne all died in my story. I can still recruit them all.

In case anyone doesn't know;

This is done on Odessen, in your alliance base. There is a small room that sometimes gives datapad quests (insta rewards) when you complete heroics and turn in the alliance packs.

In this room there is a big holopad you can click to return some companions that have died in the story.

Yes and no.

I can't recruit Arcann either because I killed him off.

HOWEVER, Senna, Koth, Torian Cadera and Elara Dorne all died in my story. I can still recruit them all.

In case anyone doesn't know;

This is done on Odessen, in your alliance base. There is a small room that sometimes gives datapad quests (insta rewards) when you complete heroics and turn in the alliance packs.

In this room there is a big holopad you can click to return some companions that have died in the story.

That doesn't actually recruit them. Instead, it creates a not-acknowledged-ny-the-story companion who looks, sounds, and fights like the deceased companion, and has the same name, but as far as the story is concerned, the original companion remains dead. (So, e.g. if you reclaim the pseudo-Koth beforehand, the segment after JUS where Koth asks for help with the Exchange will not happen because the real Koth is dead(1).)

This exception doesn't exist for Arcann, which *is* a bit strange.

(1) He might be just banished or self-exiled rather than actually dead, but either way he isn't your companion.