The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Carrie fisher massive heart attack

Sith-Viscera

Was just reading about this. If she fully recovers, hopefully she uses this as motivation to continue her weight loss and have a healthier diet. The SW community will be hit pretty hard if she passes.

True, and right now it isn't looking promising. If she does pull through, I suspect Princess Leia will be gone forever regardless.

True, and right now it isn't looking promising. If she does pull through, I suspect Princess Leia will be gone forever regardless.

Indeed. If the reports are true, and they couldn't get a pulse for fifteen minutes, that's not promising at all. That's potentially a lot of brain damage. Hopefully all ends well, but it doesn't look good.

Indeed. If the reports are true, and they couldn't get a pulse for fifteen minutes, that's not promising at all. That's potentially a lot of brain damage. Hopefully all ends well, but it doesn't look good.

Sadly I believe this to be true too. The survival rates for heart attacks are incredibly low, and that is with real medical care within minutes of it happening.

This stinks.

As a paramedic I can tell you that words like "CPR in progress" and "cardiac arrest" are bad news.

I can not begin to tell you how many cardiac arrest calls I have been on, but I can probably count on 1 hand how many have survived.

It sucks, and the outcome is rarely a good one.

lets hope for the best. 😎

Edited by kirorx

This stinks.

As a paramedic I can tell you that words like "CPR in progress" and "cardiac arrest" are bad news.

I can not begin to tell you how many cardiac arrest calls I have been on, but I can probably count on 1 hand how many have survived.

It sucks, and the outcome is rarely a good one.

lets hope for the best. 😎

As an aspiring author, I always appreciate little tidbits like that.

So I characters that go into cardiac arrest should die quickly, not partially recover and then linger for a month or two after?

Edited by AshlaBoga

All I can find is that she is in stable condition now. Have they said anywhere whether or not she sustained any brain damage?

Haven't heard or read anything either. Typically, no news is good news, but with something like this, no news cannot be good.

UPDATE:

Just Heard on MSNBC that Carrie Fisher's Mother the Living Legend Debbie Reynolds. Her 60 year old Daughter is still in ICU but no change as of yet. If there is any change she will get the word out to Carrie's fans & Friends. Misses Reynolds Thanked all her Fans for all the best wishes and prayers, & get well soons for her Daughter.

Keep Praying & sending your best wishes, they do help.

Take Care & Be Well...............